rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

will runk
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 23
Bronze Member
will runk Posted: Tue, Nov 6 2018 12:18 AM

i've long been an audiophile (40 years) and always had an amazement for the b & o designs and equipment but never owned any.  this past weekend i took the plunge with some vintage equipment and fella's i have to say i'm quite blown over by what i hear coming out of my speakers.   the beogram cd 3300 that i'm listening to is for lack of a better way to put it, AWESOME!!!      i swear i'm hearing instruments and sounds i've never heard in the past from the cd.    i only have 5 and they are making me more glad every second that i finally can experience some of what you guys talk about.     thank you for the input and making a believer out of a beo-newbie who won't be for long!!!

wilson

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,704
Gold Member

Welcome

That was also my first experience too however it was a pair of A8 headphones which are now called the i3 or 3i, i was hearing things that i hadn't heard in a song before ... and songs that i know very well

I was like What the?  i dont remember that lol and it was a lyric!  

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
Posts 1,399
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Nov 6 2018 7:12 AM

I have also experienced the same thing.......and so have most of my friends. They always comment on the extra instruments that come out so much clearer.

Howzit
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Howzit replied on Tue, Nov 6 2018 7:56 AM
I first listened to a set of B&O speakers and amp 20 years ago, and I can remember the experience; simply put, I could hear instruments I hadn’t ever heard in songs I had listened to in many different situations and players. Many years later, I have moved from the old Beovox speakers from the 70s and 80s, and now have a few sets of speakers with IcePowred built in amplification, and the experience has not disappointed.

Just last weekend, I went back and listened to my vintage Beovox speakers and amp, and I fell in love with B&O all over again.

This will be a recurring dream. Enjoy!

Beolab 9 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2 | Beolab 3 | Beosound 9000 | Beoplay A9 | Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, / S75, / S45.2 

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Nov 6 2018 11:46 PM
Me too, but for me it was a Beocenter 3500 and a Beogram TX with an MMC4. That started the beovirus.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

will runk
Not Ranked
United States
Posts 23
Bronze Member

fellas,

i really thought i was making things up when i started this thread.   i'm glad to know i'm in such good company!   i have a beogram 2000 that's been sitting in the box since the 80's that i need to track down the mmc5 cartridge for so i can put it to good use as well. 

in short order i'll have the 3000-2 receiver, the 2400 receiver, the cd-x and cd3300 along with the beogram 2000 playing here.  i only have three rooms that i can put these kinds of things to good use and have two other kenwood systems already in use, but that's the fun of collecting, right?!?!?!     i also own 15 vintage wristwatches, 20 guitars and 50 or so autographed pieces of music memorabilia here.    it never gets old friends!!!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Nov 7 2018 12:56 PM

For years in my youth I bought into the trope that B&O stood for Bang And Awfulsound, due to my experiences working in a snooty high end stereo store. When I finally got around to actually listening to them I quickly learned how wrong I was. B&O managed to combine stunning, MoMA quality styling with excellent audio performance, and an approach of not obsessing with cables or tweaks but just listening to music, well reproduced, and relaxing about trivial stuff like wires and such.

Sadly, today I wouldn't recommend the new equipment, but would recommend the older gear in a heartbeat, but that's a tale for another thread. I love the B&O I have now though.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL