rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 159 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member
Craig posted on Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:22 PM

Drove down to Manchester yesterday to do some Christmas shopping, and picked this up while I was there...ebay again, need to get a handle on this ;¬)

All Replies

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

took delivery of a couple of 25 turn pots for the speed control.....

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

And gave the hood a good polish, one or two marks are very deep and wont come out...I will fix the trim in place right at the end

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

bored out the stumps of the rubber shock absorbers and using an old O ring made new ones, will trim to size when the hood is fitted

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

I will check these speeds once I fit the new belts Martin has sent me.....but looking good at the moment 

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

And 45 rpm.....time for a glass of wine Embarrassed

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

I will join you with my favorite, and thank you for a very interesting thread.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Sun, Jan 13 2019 7:56 PM

Quality.....what is that your drinking? and I still have a couple of loose ends to tie up, I'm now into my third month with this little devil

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

Craig:

Quality.....what is that your drinking? and I still have a couple of loose ends to tie up, I'm now into my third month with this little devil

Rum and coke, I have used up to 1 year or more on some of mine, and still have some on the shelf to go back to

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Piaf
Top 50 Contributor
Victoria, British Columbia Canada
2,639 Posts
Founder
Piaf replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 7:29 PM

Now THAT is a hat! Love it!

Jeff

Beogram 4000, Beogram 4002, Beogram 4004, Beogram 8000, Beogram 8002, Beogram 1602. Beogram 4500 CD player, B&O CDX player, Beocord 4500, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 5000 T4716, Beocord 8004, Beocord 9000, Beomaster 1000, Beomaster 1600, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 2400.2, Beomaster 4400, Beomaster 4500, Beolab 5000, Beomaster 5000, BeoCenter 9000. BeoSound Century,  S-45.2, S-45.2, S-75, S-75, M-75, M-100, MC 120.2 speakers; B&O Illuminated Sign (with crown & red logo). B&O grey & black Illuminated Sign, B&O black Plexiglas dealer sign, B&O ash tray, B&O (Orrefors) dealer award vase,  B&O Beotime Clock. Navy blue B&O baseball cap, B&O T-shirt X2, B&O black ball point pen, B&O Retail Management Binder

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,900 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Jan 14 2019 9:03 PM

Craig:

Peter

Your a star.....the Beolab is working fine, has been in service for a couple of months without issue. I have no plans for the month end weekends and I'm home early Friday afternoons, I have an entire weekend to myself the 25th if your about?

Craig

I'll sort out with Jo and see if I can bring the speakers down on the weekend of the 25th. I'll go though my cartridge collection and pick you out one - I have a distressing habit of giving bits away and have given a couple of 20CLs away in the past so will need to see what I have left! With your permission I will also bring down the BM8000 for you to have a look at - starts clicking if left on which does not seem to be a good thing!! You do realise that the 5000s are rather large? I will also bring down the 2500s so you can try them though as Frede did these for me I am afraid they can only come for a holiday!!Smile

Peter

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Tue, Jan 15 2019 8:52 AM

Peter

That would be great, I will clear some space to accomodate them and of course I would be interested in taking a look inside a BM8000. I anticipate being home all of the weekend of the 25th so if you can make it that would be very good...and I will give your cubes a run too.

Regards Craig

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Adjusted the height of the platter using the suspension adjustments, was fairly easy with the hood bracket removed

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Centered the platter as best I could again using the slotted location holes in the suspension springs, not perfect but given her age I think it will do, and the very good news is it looks like I have sourced a replacement platter Yes - thumbs up

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Feels like its been a long time coming, just awaiting delivery of a replacement platter and I'm all done......trim is in place and looking so much better for it, wood work sanded down and polished with beeswax...no stain. 

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,483 Posts
Gold Member

Very rewarding given I was close to despair one more than one occasion......thanks guys, couldn't have done it alone Yes - thumbs up

Page 10 of 11 (160 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL