rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 1 Follower

James1980
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member
James1980 posted on Thu, Nov 1 2018 6:59 PM

Hi all, 

wondering if anyone had advice or experience they would care to share on this one. 

My equipment list is as follows;

Beolab 9’s

Beolab 4’s 

Beosound Moment 

Loewe bild 5 OLED. 

I want to make a surround system but still be able to use the lab 9’s as a stereo pair with the moment, is this possible at all? 

All Replies

Howzit
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member

I just responded to a thread similar to this.

You can get a new or good second hand top-end home theatre pre-amp. This will drive all your B&O speakers with the latest and greatest Dolby, DTS etc, and also have multiple sources selectable. Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, Denon are all good choices. I have the Yamaha CX-A5100.

Most good home theater pre-amps have a "Direct" mode, which is specifically for playing 2 channel music with no coloration to the sound, in your case, the Beosound Moment, if you choose to do it that way. Most good pre-amps have this sort of mode. Now remember, audiophile pre-amps are a little different to home theater pre-amps. The home theater pre-amps are for hooking up TVs, and have extensive Dolby and DTS decoders, and DACs per channel, up to 11.2 channels.

All speakers can be configured to turn on and go to standby with the pre-amp. You can control it all from a single remote or your phone with a top notch universal remote.

Any good home theatre pre-amp unit can do the trick, that will just be your preference. Or any high end home theater receiver, so long as it has has pre-amp outputs. So you would just select your source on your pre-amp/receiver; either your TV, or your Beosound Moment, in addition to several other sources in the future. You can assign "scenes" or "activities" or whatever each pre-amp maker wants to call them, basically its just "groups". One button would activate all the necessary configurations, for either watching TV or Listening to music. You can also distribute/play both the TV and Beosound Moment simultaneously, or to separate rooms etc, the usual stuff.....

Beolab 9 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2 | Beolab 3 | Beosound 9000 | Beoplay A9 | Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, / S75, / S45.2 

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
460 Posts
Gold Member
Which loewe are you using? That would help

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,262 Posts
Bronze Member

There are different ways to connect BL speakers to a Loewe tv.

I am sure someone on the forum can give you an advice there (maybe even directly for the Bild 5 - and even tell you about his/her experience.

As for running the BL9’s on two setups, there is the powerlink switch from Almando or from One Remote.

Maybe someone can tell you about his/her experience there too.

So in theory it can be done, yes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

James1980
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

It’s a bild 5, as above. It does have the inbuilt surround module too. 

James1980
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you, very helpful, hopefully someone with a Loewe will be along soon! 

James1980
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

I wanted to avoid another ‘box’ if possible. Part of the reason for going to Loewe was to appease the wife that the amp was disappearing! 

Howzit
Top 500 Contributor
88 Posts
Bronze Member
James1980:

I wanted to avoid another ‘box’ if possible. Part of the reason for going to Loewe was to appease the wife that the amp was disappearing!

Ah, gotcha.

The Almando box is the simplest solution Iv seen so far as dual source to B&O speakers.

As for cables, what does the Loewe have? RCA, RJ45, or 8-pin Din?

Beolab 9 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2 | Beolab 3 | Beosound 9000 | Beoplay A9 | Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, / S75, / S45.2 

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,378 Posts
Founder
Simple solution is to use a DAL converter and this cable: https://www.ebay.de/itm/LOEWE-TV-Kabeladapter-fur-den-Anschluss-von-Bang-Olufsen-Lautsprechern-Beolab/282057070986?hash=item41abe9598a:g:kqgAAOSwvg9XUXI2

Digital Audio Link Converter bevsuse your TV has the newer RJ45 interface whereas the cable is for the older Audiolink products.

Using this cable with an older Loewe TV myself.

Or you ask the seller if a cable for your TV is available.

EDIT: didi not see you want to run a B&O source along with it...

Best regards

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,187 Posts
Gold Member

Hi James,

Sorry for the slow reply, I have only just seen your post.  Yes, this is possible, I provide similar solutions for some of the UK Loewe stores when their customers wish to add B&O speakers.  Basically, you need to get the DAL Adapter and Audiolink Breakout Cable from Loewe, then I can provide cables to link the B&O speakers to this adapter and cable.

If you don't already have a preferred Loewe dealer then Jan-Nel at Loewe Harrods is familiar with this setup for Loewe TVs with B&O speakers.

Please use this cable for the Beolab 9 speakers: https://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-8-pin-din-connection/105-126-av-processor-pre-amp-sonos-to-beolab-using-the-powerlink-din-sockets.html#/2-length-1m

This cable will connect the Beolab 4 speakers: https://soundsheavenly.com/beolab-4-and-4pc/80-54-stereo-rca-to-beolab-4-4pc-variable-level-line-outputs-only.html#/2-length-1m

The TVs own centre speaker will then work with the Beolab speakers for surround sound.  The Moment can play to the TV to share the speakers using the adapter that Loewe supply with the TV for analogue audio/video input - please let me know if you need a cable to link the Moment to this adapter.

Any questions, please ask!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

James1980
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Steve, I don’t think I have the adapter you are referring to for the moment, any ideas what I would be looking for? 

The lab 4’s are the powelink version, so would I be able to use the same cables as the 9’s? 

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,187 Posts
Gold Member

Hi James,

You need two adapters, which are available from your Loewe dealer.  These are:-

1) Digital Audio Link (DAL) adapter

2) Audiolink breakout cable

Both versions of Beolab 4 (the Powerlink and PC versions) must use the 3.5mm Line inputs when connecting to a non-B&O system like the Loewe TV, the speakers will not function via their Powerlink sockets unless a B&O TV is connected.  Hence, please don't use the same cables for both the Beolab 9 and Beolab 4 speakers.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL