Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Buying a Beoplay V1 32, something to be aware off? Known issues?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member
Master123456789 posted on Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:00 AM

Dear Forum. I am looking into buying a Beoplay V1 32 or maybe 40 to get rid of the old (but good) masterlinksystem and using the wireless networklink.

I have heard that there may be a problem with the motherboard or something on the early models. Is that right? Something that mades the tv goes black and may be very expensive to repair?

Thank you in advance! :)

All Replies

Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member

No one knows to Beoplay V1?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

I do have jeard about a V1 (40 I think) that had a problem with a leaking component that may course problems with the board.

My V1-32 runs steady since 2014.

If you want one, buy it from a dealer - buying private is at your own risk.....although I reckon that that risk is small.

A great tv for integrating NL in the setup.

But consider NL need at least two NL devices (respectively a converter).

And don’t forget to get the wifi dongle - there is no built-in wifi in the V1.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
340 Posts
Gold Member

I havent had a V1-32 with any issues in the past, and the one i bought with issues, seems to rectify itself before i tested it, still going strong!

Components are hard to get for them already.

I Believe the Wifi still works without the dongle, but if you ever need one, I have spares

Overall a great TV for current prices. FullHD, Hmdi, HD tuner

Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member

Precisely, I have also heard about something with the board. Is it only at the 40 inch?

I should be together with a BV11 - can I take the sound from the radio, tv or hdmi and hear on the V1?

No wifi??? That is too bad - thought is was the same as the BV11, just the entrylevel television.

Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member

And I always buy private, dealers are too expensive! ;-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,100 Posts
Bronze Member

Master123456789:

Precisely, I have also heard about something with the board. Is it only at the 40 inch?

I should be together with a BV11 - can I take the sound from the radio, tv or hdmi and hear on the V1?

No wifi??? That is too bad - thought is was the same as the BV11, just the entrylevel television.

Both are NL enabled - with the right settings, it will certainly work.

But the V1 has Netradio built-in too.

As for wifi - look here:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/28011/221234.aspx

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
517 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:54 PM
Master123456789:

And I always buy private, dealers are too expensive! ;-)

There’s generally a good reason for this. I took a call from someone that had purchased a Beolit 15 via eBay and it was dead, because of the private purchase he had no come back and no proof of purchase for a warranty claim. The original purchase is the only one under contract that is covered by the manufacturers warranty for the stated period.
OlivierC
Not Ranked
29 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi Master,

I’m a bit late but I would like to provide my feedback as a newcomer, I have 40” V1 since few months.

Initially I was looking for the 32” as I find it more balanced in terms of looks but then I opted for the 40” option because of the better audio system (the 32” lacks the subwoofer).

Then it is up to your budget and available space at home.

For what concerns the issues you are referring to, maybe I’ve been lucky (knock on wood!) but my 2012 V1 works quite well without major issues.

The WiFi antenna is a separate component that it fits inside the rear recessed area of the tv but it should be included in the set together with a Beo4 remote with the specific BeoPlay logo.

So yes, it should be WiFi equipped (no WiSA), so make sure the two items are included before buying.

I haven’t connected any audio gear to my V1 so I can’t give any direction on how to wirelessly link other sources, sorry.

In a nutshell:

Pros

- V1 has been considered the “ugly duck” of the B&O tv’s but if you like it (as I do!) you can find good deals, especially now that its looks is getting quite old compared to the latest superflat tv’s without bezel.

- B&O audio system.

- picture quality is still very good, even by today’s standards, with deep blacks.

- Netradio.

- several ports for both audio and video connectivity.

- recessed area for the old AppleTV (4th gen ATV is thicker and it doesn’t fit). I have installed one and I’m controlling it with the Beo4 and PUC. It is flawlessly integrated.

- together with BV11 it is one of the last “real” B&O tv’s because you still have a package with B&O circuitry and user interface (B&O menu, the curtain effect!). It is not just a standard tv with better looks and better audio attached.

- Beo4 is the best remote I have ever had by a distance. I have seen some resellers proposing V1 with a BeoOne BT remote, it has a more modern look. Just make sure you’ll have one of the two when buying.

Cons

- since quite sometime B&O seems to be a bit lost without a clear long term strategy, they have introduced OS’s that for different reasons they have abandoned after few years. This is one of those and from what I’ve read in this forum, the team in charge of this development has been dismissed, so do not expect further SW updates and support for the future.

- it is thick and heavy (there’s a lot of metal, not plastics!) compared to today’s standards but it is not a big deal if you’re not planning to hang it to the wall. Mine is on a table stand. Wonderful.

- not very good for gaming due to slow response, this is a set for watching movies/sports with a good audio.

- FullHD and no 4K but believe me this is not a big deal.

- no HDR and no HEVC DVB-T2 (V1 was developed 10 years ago), so you might need a decoder while still control it with Beo4 and PUC.

- despite having installed the latest available FW, the integrated YouTube app randomly crashes and this is the only thing that it is really annoying for me. Now I stream videos via ATV but it is not as much convenient as direct streaming.

I don’t know if this happens because of SW or HW reasons and if it is a generic issue or if it’s just my V1, regardless it is unlikely B&O will fix it.

For me the V1 has been a 2nd hand purchase of a product that it was already phased out but if I had got it brand new back in the days and at full price, it would have been totally unacceptable and a deal breaker.

Again, the walkaround here would be the ATV.

My apologies for the long post but I think I’ve covered almost everything from my side, so now you should be ready to buy with confidence!

Let us know your experience!

Olivier
Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member

96 Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

Thank you for all the feedback.

Maybe I will go for the 40 inch, they are often cheaper, because there are more 40 inch on sale then 32 inch. Also you tell that 40 inch has a far better sound.

It would be nice if it had the new german DVB-T2 HEVC 265 standard – but I don’t think even the Ecplise or Horizon have that. But I will use it mainly for cable or maybe satellite – is it possible to find one with satellite tuner? I will only use it with broadcast tv or with my Macbook.

I don’t need to game on it – but I suppose it is the same as the BV11? That is ok in game mode. 4K would be nice, but it don’t matter that much, as there are no tv-stations (on a very few worldwide) that supports 4K.

All B&Os televisions are heavy, so no problem. ;-)

Well I think it will be a little nice project to find a Beoplay V1 to the right price

I love the beo4 last edition with the joystick. Love the fact that I have been with B&O since the early 90’s. I have not tried the Beomote one yet, but I don’t think it is B&O-like – more Samsung. But maybe I chance my mind if I try one. ;-)

I will get back when I have found one ;)

Master123456789
Top 500 Contributor
205 Posts
Bronze Member

96 Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE

Maybe I soon will move and only have satellite tv. I have found out that BV11 can have satellite if it have a harddrive and a few BV8-40 also have satellite.

The question: I also see that Beoplay V1 can have satellite - is it rare
or how? Not like the BV11 that only needs harddrive, then it is included.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL