rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 1 Follower

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
danielshen posted on Tue, Oct 30 2018 2:25 AM

Dear all,

I have the beosound 9000 as main room and Beolink active connecting beolab 3 as link room; I want to add the NL/ML converter to make the whole enviornment NetworkLink ready; 

But I really want to see the screenshot of B&O APP with the beosound 9000 and Beolink active (beolab3) or similar old products (maybe beosound 3000) in the APP - I think this is very magic! I trust we can almost control everything to the beosound 9000 and the beolink active.Can anybody share such screenshot for me?

After I have such impression, I think I will buy the NL/ML converter. Thanks!

Daniel

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
I’ll post my setup in action for you:

+ Core — BL20s

|

NL

|

+ Essence — BL11 — BL6000s

|

+ BLC

NL/ML

+

:

+ BV8 — BL19 & BL3s &BL4s (5.1)

:

+ BSound4 (no speakers)

BeoNut since '75

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
This is BO app I mentioned:

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
This is BO APP i mentioned:

danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi elephant,

I am waiting your screenshot of BO APP configuration. And one more thing: to add the old product like beosound9000, we do that in the NL/ML web config page or BO App?
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
danielshen:

Hi elephant,

I am waiting your screenshot of BO APP configuration. And one more thing: to add the old product like beosound9000, we do that in the NL/ML web config page or BO App?

You will need the NL/ML configuration app which is complicated !

When you press on the product it invokes an appropriate configuration software program.

As I am not at home I can only show the surface of the App and not the underlying details.

BeoNut since '75

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:21 AM

Hi Daniel

You won’t be able to see a picture of your BS9000 within  the Bang & Olufsen app... you can give it any name you want, but the picture will always be of the “ugly” converter you can see on elephants screenshots

That means that you can’t see all your Masterlink products and control them separately within the app... In many way you can look at the converter as an “link room” products that can play the sources from your mainroom Masterlink system and  all the NL sources in your house

Furthermore you can also link the NL products into your Masterlink system

Søren 

Sendt fra min iPad
danielshen
Not Ranked
78 Posts
Bronze Member

Soren,

In your view, then my beosound 9000 and old beolink active - baolab 3 in total will be viewed as one single item: The converter. I think that is your suggestion, right?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,590 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:37 AM

danielshen:

Soren,

In your view, then my beosound 9000 and old beolink active - baolab 3 in total will be viewed as one single item: The converter. I think that is your suggestion, right?

That is correct. Only the picture of the NL/ML converter will be shown in the app.

That is the way it works.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

Hiort:

At least untill the app-makers maybe at some point decide for the possibility of placing your own/other pictures there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

That is correct. Only the picture of the NL/ML converter will be shown in the app.

I wonder if that changes. For example when I connected the essence. I didn’t call it essence I called it beolab 3. I wonder if it works the same way.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
... as in the name and not the picture.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:30 AM
Soren:

That means that you can’t see all your Masterlink products and control them separately within the app... In many way you can look at the converter as an “link room” products that can play the sources from your mainroom Masterlink system and  all the NL sources in your house

However if you buy a separate converter for each piece of ML kit you get greater granularity.

In my case I bought one and defined it as an audio-visual system so I could (partially) control the BeoSound 4 and control the BeoVision 8.

Others on BeoWorld have bought two Converters and I believe in one case three !!!

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:39 AM
I am back home so some more screen shots including an answer for Michael H/Aussie ...

So here we try to drill into the BLC BL/ml but don’t get far, then by contrast we drill into the Essence (called 6000 because of its BeoLabs) we get to the start of its configuration screens.

And that’s as far as you can go !

Now the driver of the 6000s ...

Which does invoke the configuration software for the Essence (or the Core)

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:45 AM
And here is how you have to use the old out of date depreciated app to get to configure your BLC BL/ml

Which makes me wonder if you can even download the App if you have not already got a copy !

Tomorrow (if I can find the password) I’ll show the next level of screens.......

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL