rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 45 Replies | 2 Followers

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK posted on Sat, Oct 27 2018 6:37 AM

Hi!

Is it possible to use the Horizon as a stand alone music system and control it from the beoapp? I've tried with mine but the app says that it not supported.

it would be lovely to be able to play music direct from the app to the TV without having to route it through my Beosound 1... 

Best regards

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,388 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Simonbeo

PK:

Is it possible to use the Horizon as a stand alone music system and control it from the beoapp? I've tried with mine but the app says that it not supported.

You mean the Bang & Olufsen app, right?

In the app you should be able to see the Horizon.

I am not sure how the sources of it are shown there

When that is highlighted, you should be able to see the sources of it in the now playing view by tapping the three small dots.

If not - it would be nice, if someone with a Horizon (or another Video Engine 3.0 based BV) could comment and post a screenshot - I don’t have any BV from that generation.

However, don’t expect the same user experience that you probably know from controlling your BS1 with the Bang & Olufsen app.

Note: when you have the BS1 connected to your Horizon you should be able to see some of its sources in the list of the tv/remote = those with an added link symbol.

Or don’t you want to involve the BS1 at all?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:11 PM

i think an integrated essence/core would solve the problem just like you showed Millemissen. But it is a rather expensive solution... The multiroom solution works pretty well so i don't think it's worth while buying an additional essence/core. But a second hand Moment might just be :) I have seen these on the second hand marked for half the stickerprice. 

Aussie Michael; go ahead, hijack my thread Smile I believe a lot of good solutions are coming from this! btw, nice BV14! love the fret on those! 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,696 Posts
Gold Member
Millemissen:

Been trying to tell you that the option ‘integrated setup’.....check that box 🤪

is intended for a setup, where e.g. the Essence uses the speakers of the BV.

You’ll see, that it then will turn on the BV, when you play TuneIn, Deezer...

MM

I just hope it doesn’t intergrate it with everything else and just the 14
beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
175 Posts
Bronze Member
beoaus replied on Wed, Oct 31 2018 4:52 AM

PK:

Hi!

it would be lovely to be able to play music direct from the app to the TV without having to route it through my Beosound 1... 

Best regards

Hello PK,

I am on the Horizon beta program and just saw your post.

The app should work as you describe. Unfortunately music can not be added to the play queue, though you can control other functions like changing channels, volumes and some others. Plus there are other options to play music as posters have mentioned.

I have a fault in on being unable to play music via the app. I believe the Horizon was supposed to have this capability. They could not understand why it was not working.  Though it does seem B&O have backed away from this view now. The Horizon has been dropped out of the online documentation. So we will see.

B&O have a list of Horizon fixes they are working on. As to what is on the list and the prioritisation I do not know.

Thanks beoaus.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,696 Posts
Gold Member
Hi beoaus

I agree with what you write.

Even the website Page of the horizon sort of mentions this. It does mention you can send music to the horizon (as a cast device) which we know you can do

Tonight after Thai food and a non alcoholic beer 🍻 (serious lol) I pressed the integrate button on the essence through the setup on the essence.

So now it works that I select the 14 and it plays via the app (using the essence as its source)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,388 Posts
Bronze Member

Now - didn’t I tell you 😉

I just don’t have a BV14 (or Horizon) to demonstrate it - and take pictures.

Thanks for testing 👍

Your Essence now has gotten a new life!

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,696 Posts
Gold Member
In my setup if I have an ir-eye connected to the essence if I press the join button on the IR-eye shouldn’t that fire up the BV14 when I already have music playing on my A9 and BS1?

I would have thought it would
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,388 Posts
Bronze Member

No, the Essence will only fire up the BV14, when it is integrated with it - which means that it basicly is controlled via the BV14.

It is kind of part of the BV14 in that case.

Pushing Join on the BV14 = the BeoRemote will do the trick then.

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,388 Posts
Bronze Member

As an integrated part it should not have an ir eye connected - and you can tuck it away somewhere......as long as it is on the same network as the other devices.

MM

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
28 Posts
Bronze Member

I have nearly the same setup (BV14, integrated Core). Somtimes there is a small „leap“ at the beginning of a new song (after 10-45 sec). It occurs when listening to Deezer or a DLNA Server.

The Core and the BV14 are connected via LAN, so I don‘t think it is a network problem!?

Any help or advice would be great!

BeoVishion
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

The answer to your questions is yes and no (I know confusing right)

Yes, you can use the Horizon as a stand-alone music system however it may not be in the way you're thinking.

The Horizon should have GoogleCast enabled as standard and you should be able to cast straight from your mobile device to the television. This should prompt the Deezer app to launch on your Horizon and basic controls enabled from your mobile device.

To go into more detail - start by launching the Deezer app or whichever app you'd like to cast from and it should either show you the Casting symbol or say devices available - Select the Horizon and it should launch it and allow you to control directly through your app.

What I have not tested is whether you can "wake" the Horizon from "standby" via GoogleCast - I shall let you know my findings once I have tested!

I hope no-one else covered this on this thread as I haven't read through it all in detail. If someone has please ignore!

Thanks

Vish

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,388 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoVishion:

Hi,

The answer to your questions is yes and no (I know confusing right)

Yes, you can use the Horizon as a stand-alone music system however it may not be in the way you're thinking.

Of course you are right.

But the initial question was:

Is it possible to use the Horizon as a stand alone music system and control it from the beoapp? 

I've tried with mine but the app says that it not supported.’

Using GoogleCast can be a workaround, but not the real solution - therefore the suggestion of integrating an Essence/Core.....

....or PK’s own idea of adding a second hand BS Moment.

P.S. I am pretty sure, that casting will wake up the Horizon.

MM

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Thu, May 2 2019 5:46 PM

I've had a lot on my schedule as of late but now finally got around trying to link my Essence MKII to my Horizon, but it doesn't work! Or it worked one time, but the same message keeps coming back "The chosen product lacks support for playing deezer" (roughly translated as the original is in Swedish). Same with TunIn.

I have the following settings:

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member

I can't read the text in the screenshots, but....

In the app, you need to select the Essence from the product page, and then music and tune-in should work.

Selecting the Horizon in the app, and it won't work.

That's the way it works with my Moment, which is integrated with my BV12-65 / Beosystem 4.

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Thu, May 2 2019 6:44 PM

But since i integrated the Essence with the Horizon i can only choose the Horizon or the BS1 in the app? How have you configured your setup?

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Fri, May 3 2019 6:27 PM

after a factory reset of the Essence everything started working nicely. 

thanks all for the help en tips along the way!

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL