rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 45 Replies | 2 Followers

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK posted on Sat, Oct 27 2018 6:37 AM

Hi!

Is it possible to use the Horizon as a stand alone music system and control it from the beoapp? I've tried with mine but the app says that it not supported.

it would be lovely to be able to play music direct from the app to the TV without having to route it through my Beosound 1... 

Best regards

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Simonbeo

PK:

Is it possible to use the Horizon as a stand alone music system and control it from the beoapp? I've tried with mine but the app says that it not supported.

You mean the Bang & Olufsen app, right?

In the app you should be able to see the Horizon.

I am not sure how the sources of it are shown there

When that is highlighted, you should be able to see the sources of it in the now playing view by tapping the three small dots.

If not - it would be nice, if someone with a Horizon (or another Video Engine 3.0 based BV) could comment and post a screenshot - I don’t have any BV from that generation.

However, don’t expect the same user experience that you probably know from controlling your BS1 with the Bang & Olufsen app.

Note: when you have the BS1 connected to your Horizon you should be able to see some of its sources in the list of the tv/remote = those with an added link symbol.

Or don’t you want to involve the BS1 at all?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
173 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2018 8:43 AM

For BeoSystem 4-televisions you can achieve this by integrating an Essence or Core. I guess it is the same for the Android-based televisions.

Top 500 Contributor
173 Posts
Bronze Member

For BeoSystem 4-televisions you can achieve this by integrating an Essence or Core. I guess it is the same for the Android-based televisions.

Top 500 Contributor
173 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Simonbeo

PK:

You mean the Bang & Olufsen app, right?

In the app you should be able to see the Horizon.

I am not sure how the sources of it are shown there

When that is highlighted, you should be able to see the sources of it in the now playing view by tapping the three small dots.

If not - it would be nice, if someone with a Horizon (or another Video Engine 3.0 based BV) could comment and post a screenshot - I don’t have any BV from that generation.

However, don’t expect the same user experience that you probably know from controlling your BS1 with the Bang & Olufsen app.

Note: when you have the BS1 connected to your Horizon you should be able to see some of its sources in the list of the tv/remote = those with an added link symbol.

Or don’t you want to involve the BS1 at all?

MM

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Sun, Oct 28 2018 7:28 AM

I don't want to involve BS1 at all :) 

I can't wake the TV up from the B&O app and i can't play music directly to the TV from the app without routing it through an essence or BS1. So every time I want to play music in my living room I have to start playing in my kitchen and then join whats playing in the kitchen with the TV in the living room.

lawrencejmcook
Top 500 Contributor
189 Posts
Founder
Hi PK,

Do you have homemedia as a source on your TV? If you do, and if you have your own music on a NAS, then you could point your TV at the NAS and directly access music that way.

Lawrence
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

PK:

So every time I want to play music in my living room 

When you say ‘play music’, what do you exactly mean?

Do you mean from the built-in/installed apps or from the other NL device without activating it - means that the sound there is muted aka ‘borrow a source’?

What is ‘music’? Is it from an external source e.g. Spotify/Deezer, something that is stored on your mobile device or from a NAS in the network - or maybe radio-music?

In the (Bang & Olufsen) app - which devices appear there?

Silly, but important question: is the Horizon on the same (wifi)network as the other device/s?

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
In addition to MM’s question (and this goes to the heart of “are you a streamer” or do you have existing media and your own local digital library, have you looked at attaching to your BV a ChromeCast and/or Apple TV for music (or any of the other cheaper dongle devices).

BeoNut since '75

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Sun, Oct 28 2018 9:54 PM

Hi!

I mean stream from Deezer. I want to be able to use the Horizon exactly as i use the BS1. 

I do not wish to use the Deexer app in the TV as it is not good. I also prefer the iPhone as controller, easier to search among other things. 

No NAS, only streaming through NL.

In the B&O app the following papers: BS1, Horizon, Essence. 

They are in the same wifi network. It is no problem joining another source (BS1 or Essence) and play the same thing on the TV but I can't play it directly on the TV

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:41 AM
You could look at a “dongle” for the Horizon (like an Apple TV) even though it’s indirect play.

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys, let me chime in a bit to advise my findings

I have a Avant Gen 1, a BV 14 (android), a A9, A6, Essence Mk2, and a BS1.

I see all of these products on the B&O app, so naturally i thought that i would be able to do everything with them, and that is not the case

When i set up the BV14, the Deezer app would not work in my country for some unknown reason so i deleted the app and re downloaded one through the Google store.  odd, but it's B&O so nothing surprises me now.

I took all of these screen shots and photos of the BV14 and then i re-read your question.  It is not about the joining of sources, it's about using the Horizon (in my case BV14) as a stand alone music player.

You can use it as a stand alone music player with your BeoRemote One, but you cannot use it with the app as a music centre. 

I just tried on the BV14, i had music playing on the BS1 and i clicked join on the BR one = success

On the BV14 i also tried the app, with the BS1 playing and then "touch to join" on the app via the products menu = success 

i put all products in stand by

i then pressed BV14 on the app (products menu), it says "waking up" - it did not wake up = fail 

In the Beo app (music menu) and played on the BS1 i clicked the ... to expand to the BV14 - the 14 is not available in the ... menu but it is in the (products menu)

I went out of that, selected the 14 and then tried deezer and the message states "the selected product does not support playing deezer content" = is that because i deleted the deezer app or because it doesn't support it?

Findings:

- you can play Deezer on the BV14 via the BROne or other BV14 connected sources 

- you can stream from other NL products to the 14

- you can select any source from other NL products on the app (eg from the a9, BS1 etc) and that will play on the 14

- you cannot select the 14 from the app and play to it 

Hope this helps.  

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

Available in products

Not available in the ellipsis ... menu

Deezer playing through the deezer app via the beoremote one and the android OS

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:55 AM

Assie Michael; We seem to have reached the same limitations. I'm able to do all the stuff you can do, and all that works just fine. I just wished i could do it all with the app. 

Thanks anyways for all your replies guys, really appreciate it! I will (some day) speak to my dealer and see if they have a fix for this or if they know if B&O is working on it.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

PK i thought because that the app shows the BV14 that I will be able to do it, but i couldn't 

Page 1 of 4 (46 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL