rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 80 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,154 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sun, Oct 21 2018 1:40 PM

@Roger   Still no new products in the pipeline?

All Replies

Robin
Not Ranked
Nrw
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Wed, Nov 7 2018 9:02 PM

DesignFreak:

According to dealers there is a new soundbar in the pipeline, as launch date they expect spring 2019. They claim to have seen pictures already. From my side I hope they do the soundbar right with HDMI eARC and the possibility to connect other B&O speakers via WISA.

The question I ask myself what type of soundbar it will be. For me there are possible varieties.

1. It's a remake of the Beolab 7.x you can control via HDMI ARC <-- this would be pity because you can't connect your home theater speakers with it.

2. It's a Center speaker with a built in 7.1 Audio Processor with wich you can plug in your lab 9's, 20's,... to have a foul Surround setup. Having said that the question is, will it than be a mono, stereo or a 3.0 speaker?

3. This is what i hope mostly for. A Combination of a Beosystem and a soundbar. That would be like the audio part of the eclipse in which, like a normal AV-R would be, you can connect all of your Audio and Video sources which than you can control with a beoremote one, or even maybe a beoremote 2? The tv could be controlled with a puc system or a digital modified Remote control. Imagine how cool that would be. That would solve YEARS of frustration of customers.

Anybody who has any further news about such a product? I'm really hoping this will be a cool one! Cool

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Robin:

DesignFreak:

According to dealers there is a new soundbar in the pipeline, as launch date they expect spring 2019. They claim to have seen pictures already. From my side I hope they do the soundbar right with HDMI eARC and the possibility to connect other B&O speakers via WISA.

Robin:

The question I ask myself what type of soundbar it will be. For me there are possible varieties.

1. It's a remake of the Beolab 7.x you can control via HDMI ARC

2. It's a Center speaker with a built in 7.1 Audio Processor with wich you can plug in your lab 9's, 20's,... to have a foul Surround setup. Having said that the question is, will it than be a mono, stereo or a 3.0 speaker?

3. This is what i hope mostly for. A Combination of a Beosystem and a soundbar. That would be like the audio part of the eclipse in which, like a normal AV-R would be, you can connect all of your Audio and Video sources which than you can control with a beoremote one, or even maybe a beoremote 2? The tv could be controlled with a puc system or a digital modified Remote control. Imagine how cool that would be. That would solve YEARS of frustration of customers.

Anybody who has any further news about such a product? I'm really hoping this will be a cool one!

I am hoping for something along Robin’s #2 or #3, i.e. without home theatre support (? & Dolby Atmos ?) I don’t see it helping dedicated B&O followers although like BeoPlay it may be a less expensive introducer.

What I fear is the package will be pure B&O advanced tech (e.g. WISA etc) which would drive price up.

Maybe a WISA Systems Module would be a good idea ?

And similarly if it had either Core innards or a Core Systems Module that would make it attractive and extensible.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

duplicate post caused by moderation

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Testing 1 2 3

All my attempts to reply to @Robin ate going astray !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Apologies everyone.

After multiple failed attempts to comment on Robin’s post (and one successful test post) the moderator(s) approved all the failed pats :-(

Sorry

BeoNut since '75

Robin
Not Ranked
Nrw
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 9 2018 11:02 PM

“I am hoping for something along Robin’s #2 or #3, i.e. without home theatre support (? & Dolby Atmos ?) I don’t see it helping dedicated B&O followers although like BeoPlay it may be a less expensive introducer.

What I fear is the package will be pure B&O advanced tech (e.g. WISA etc) which would drive price up.

Maybe a WISA Systems Module would be a good idea 

And similarly if it had either Core innards or a Core Systems Module that would make it attractive and extensible.”

Personally I think that it is even rather interesting to get the older B&O customers back in the track who used to have an avant along with an ouverture or so fiddling around with a set up of lab 6000 and 8000. I guess many of them still have these labs connected to their CD player but have a new flat panel by Samsung or LG. On my search for a solution for my setup I have talked to many dealers from different perspectives and they pretty much all said. Customers would love to keep the loudspeakers but as they were not able to connect them properly to their new tellie it would be a pain in the a..

As it will be a b&o product I guess it’s quite expensive. Hopefully not too much. 

Why would you like to have the Beo sound Core parts in it. It’s just a stereo module, isn’t it?

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 11:08 AM
Robin:

Why would you like to have the Beo sound Core parts in it. It’s just a stereo module, isn’t it?

I see the Core ad a streamer ... yes of internet stereo sources; and also a joiner to other stereo sourced rooms.

Just having a soundbar is not B&O value.

A B&O soundbat must be source and a destination for multi-room setups.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Nov 10 2018 11:12 AM
Robin:

interesting to get the older B&O customers back in the track who used to have an avant along with an ouverture or so fiddling around with a set up of lab 6000 and 8000. I guess many of them still have these labs connected to their CD player but have a new flat panel by Samsung or LG. On my search for a solution for my setup I have talked to many dealers from different perspectives and they pretty much all said. Customers would love to keep the loudspeakers but as they were not able to connect them properly to their new tellie

Very good point

How would we design such a solution?

Must support PL ... but just with new sockets ?

And how to incorporate and control an ML BeoSound ?

BeoNut since '75

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
438 Posts
Bronze Member
elephant:

I see the Core ad a streamer ... yes of internet stereo sources; and also a joiner to other stereo sourced rooms.

Just having a soundbar is not B&O value.

A B&O soundbat must be source and a destination for multi-room setups. BeoNut since '75

Disagree. B&O soundbar frees sound and control from recent poor video decisions by mama.
Page 3 of 6 (81 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL