Beolab 1 Price

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Beosince98 posted on Wed, Oct 17 2018 10:19 PM

The Beolab 1 speakers seem to have been forgotten somehow by many people. However, I am actually quite interested in them, even though I have never heard them. What would you say is a fair price to pay for them today? 

All Replies

Dave
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member
Dave replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 12:53 AM

Can't give you much of an answer regarding price because it varies depending on location, but I owned these and LOVED them. They are physically breathtaking and impossibly beautiful if in mint condition. The sound is very clear and will slap you in the face when turned up. I miss them dearly but may buy another pair one day when I'm not such a gypsy.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,294 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 5:48 AM

I would still pay 2000 Euro for a pair without thinking twice. But they definitely need a subwoofer (which doesn't have to be a B&O one, just with enough power).

valve1
Top 50 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
1,452 Posts
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Thu, Oct 18 2018 8:05 AM

I have them and wouldn't swop. Yes they are getting on in years , but so am I ! There are probably better sounding speakers out there but few have the presence. TWG is correct they do need a sub, in my case a BL2. 

This winter I will add a second sub.

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
411 Posts
Gold Member

In which country are you looking for BL1's? makes a big difference, for instance the UK seems to be way more expensive than the Netherlands is.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

I wouldn't say they have been forgotten Wink It seems like people who have them, tend to keep them… They are quite rare to find for sale - even here in Denmark... and when you find them, the price is still quite high. 

Nice speakers - though the Pentas sound better.

In Denmark the prices are often 10.000 -12.000DKKr (approx. 1600-1900 US$) for a pair - while the price for a set of BL Penta's mk3 often are 4.000-6.000DKKr.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
945 Posts
Bronze Member

Lovely speakers for looks and sound in the right room.

Beware some spares (pcb boards) are now obsolete, so make sure the price is right!

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member

Today I drove to the seller and listened to the speakers. On this forum people have compared the speakers to the Beolab 8000, but that is just unfair, the Beolab 1 sound waaaaaaaaaay better! I would even say they sound better than the beolab 3. The thing I found most astonishing was how clear the stereo imaging was. I actually asked the seller if the center speaker was on because the imaging was that good! However, I think the design has not aged that well, which makes me think twice about the purchase....

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
945 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosince98:

Today I drove to the seller and listened to the speakers. On this forum people have compared the speakers to the Beolab 8000, but that is just unfair, the Beolab 1 sound waaaaaaaaaay better! I would even say they sound better than the beolab 3. The thing I found most astonishing was how clear the stereo imaging was. I actually asked the seller if the center speaker was on because the imaging was that good! However, I think the design has not aged that well, which makes me think twice about the purchase....

If you think the design has not aged that well, could I respectfully ask why you wasted the sellers time in going to see them in the first place?

Did they look so different in the flesh?

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
411 Posts
Gold Member
I still love the look of them and they do sound great. What looks old about them? Compared to the penta’s i personally think they’ve aged better. Sound is a different issue but in my opinion the bl1’s belong to the best in the brands historyBig Smile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Beosince98
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member

I do think speakers always look different in person! I have never seen the Beolab 1 before in person so this was my first experience with them. I did definitely tell the seller that I am not certain that I will buy them. He agreed to invite me to test them, so I do not think I “wasted his time” (we actually talked for quite some time about our experiences/thought with B&O). It is hard to describe what, to me, makes them look „dated“ (still better than 99% of speakers sold today). I think it is best described by this: The beolab 1 look large, I think „clonky“ is the perfect description. If I look at Beolab 6000 they look light and thin. I know it is quite strange to say, as beolab 1 are basically large 6000s, at least with respect to design. 

valve1
Top 50 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
1,452 Posts
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Fri, Oct 19 2018 6:16 AM

Bl1s are for sure a similar design but worlds apart on sound. 

What your opinion on their sound ?

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
945 Posts
Bronze Member

Beosince98:

I do think speakers always look different in person! I have never seen the Beolab 1 before in person so this was my first experience with them. I did definitely tell the seller that I am not certain that I will buy them. He agreed to invite me to test them, so I do not think I “wasted his time” (we actually talked for quite some time about our experiences/thought with B&O). It is hard to describe what, to me, makes them look „dated“ (still better than 99% of speakers sold today). I think it is best described by this: The beolab 1 look large, I think „clonky“ is the perfect description. If I look at Beolab 6000 they look light and thin. I know it is quite strange to say, as beolab 1 are basically large 6000s, at least with respect to design. 

Wish all buyers were a gentleman like you :)

Kiran
Top 100 Contributor
UK
862 Posts
Gold Member
Kiran replied on Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:57 PM
About £1.5k - £2k for a mint pair 👍🏻

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

beophase
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

Inclusive shipping i pulled them in Q1 2018 for 1300,- Euro/DE.
Compared to my old rears (8000) the 1 build a much better accustic team with 5 at front, may i add.

I need more Beolabs!

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL