Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

keniutek
Not Ranked
Poland
1 Posts
Bronze Member
keniutek posted on Mon, Oct 15 2018 11:29 AM

Hello.

I noticed that my pair of h9i's distorts when walking (bluetooth, anc on). When i walk at a faster pace and my foot hits the ground, there's this distortion/sound in the earcups (left one being more audible). With anc off it's much better but you can still hear it from time to time. Anyone here having same problems or found a solution?

TIA, regards

All Replies

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
383 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 12:20 PM
My son mentioned a similar problem. He reported it to B&O but didn’t get a satisfactory answer
w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
520 Posts
Bronze Member
keniutek:

Hello.

I noticed that my pair of h9i's distorts when walking (bluetooth, anc on). When i walk at a faster pace and my foot hits the ground, there's this distortion/sound in the earcups (left one being more audible). With anc off it's much better but you can still hear it from time to time. Anyone here having same problems or found a solution?

TIA, regards

I have found the degree of thump depends on what type of shoe you wear. If you’re wearing a trainer with soft heels it’s not noticeable compared to smart work shoes. Your movement is amplified through your bone structure up to your ears which have been isolated by very powerful ANC headphones. This isn’t a technical fault.
bonerp
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
bonerp replied on Sat, Mar 30 2019 2:58 PM

It is poor design though. My sennheiser pxc550 nor beats wireless did this. I've just bought a pair of h9i and can't get over this. Happens on left more so than right. Trying the H7 pads....

bonerp
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
bonerp replied on Mon, Apr 1 2019 11:25 AM

UPDATE:  The H7 ear pads remove the 'thump' created by ANC :)

And they are soooo much more comfortable.  Why B&O ever changed these for the thin standard ones I'll never know.

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
170 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav replied on Mon, Apr 1 2019 12:51 PM

Well, I do hope that you also provide this feedback directly to B&O to ensure that the next generation H9 gets on-track and better.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,107 Posts
Bronze Member
bonerp:

UPDATE: The H7 ear pads remove the 'thump' created by ANC :)

And they are soooo much more comfortable. Why B&O ever changed these for the thin standard ones I'll never know.

Can you show a picture of the difference? I also have the thump noise when walking with ANC and thought it was due to the in ear cup microphone and the air pressure change when walking and the headphones compresses a bit due to gravity and momentum.
bonerp
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm afraid that this doesn't fix it.  You can't walk heavily in shoes - better in trainers.  I'm going to report it.  Not good enough for such a high end model.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL