rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Bronze Member
Manbearpig posted on Sat, Oct 13 2018 4:13 PM

Dear members,

I still have an Avant 32 RF with DS module and two Scart connections. I now also use a DVB-C receiver. My question is - how can I best integrate the DVD2? Connect both to the Avant via Scart and connect them to each other via Scart again? Then, I'd need a receiver with two Scart connections. Is there another possibility?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Kai

All Replies

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Shropshire
1,492 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:07 PM

Hi Kai,

Yes you need to stick to the receivers listed.  You used to be able to get the list updated (at cost) by a B&O dealer - there is actually a small chip on the STB-C module that would need replacing to get a newer/different list of STBs.  It's not a long or particularly difficult job but unless your happy to take the back of a TV (high voltages etc) I wouldn't attempt it.

As raised, you may be able to find a STB of the same make as one in the list and hope that it shares the same IR codes, but that will either be trial and error or on the recommendation of someone else on the forum.

Sorry but I don't know anything about Xoro receivers!  You could look for a document that enable you to search of similar IR codes.  For instance, the oneforall IR code database (here: https://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/338/urc6420_code_list_en.pdf) has three numbers against Xoro: 1196 1217 1372.  You can look  for other receivers with the same code and then match those to the STB list in your Avant.

Good luck!

Guy

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guy,

this is again really helpful. I'll figure it out. Last question: do I need to connect an extra IR eye to the DVB-C receiver and if so, how?

Cheers,

Kai

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Shropshire
1,492 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Oct 21 2018 5:51 PM

Hi Kai,

No problem!  The IR eye actually connects to the 3.5mm socket in the back of the TV, and then you position the transmitter end over the IR receiver window on your receiver, so that it can receive the IR signal.

You need this type of IR eye with the 3.5mm plug: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23-50-m-IR-Infrarot-Auge-Klinkenkabel-1m-B-O-BANG-OLUFSEN-TV-Fremdgerat/332772981273?hash=item4d7ad0ba19:g:smUAAMXQskFRGpvf

Regards

Guy

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear Guy,

perfect. I still have one of those but am unsure as to whether it still works. One of the cable ends seems to be disconnected. But now I know how it should in principle be done. Thanks so much!

Greetings,

Kai

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
821 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear Guy,

works now as it should. Thanks very much for your help. I'm just required to turn on sound separately each time it switch on or off the TV. And the Humax receiver has found far less programs than my Xoro. What can this be due to?

Kai

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
327 Posts
Silver Member

My older Humax didn't always find all channels. They suggested that you turn the box off, take out the aerial cable, turn it on  and re-tune the box. It won't find anything but this seems to clear the memory.  Turn it off, plug the aerial back in and re-tune again. It worked for me.

Stoobie 

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL