rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 1 Follower

paddycochrane
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
paddycochrane posted on Fri, Oct 12 2018 4:32 PM

Hi All,

This is my 1st post and I'm new to the Beoworld community, my apologies if this question has been raised before. I've searched but could not find any clear answers.

I'm interested in purchasing either a pair of 4000's, 6000's or 8000's and connecting them to Google Chromecast Audio units for wireless music streaming. (See below why I'm focusing on ChromeCast Audio as my source).

I'm interested to understand the different ways the Chromecast Audio device can be connected to a pair of BeoLabs.

Due to certain limitations, I'm unable to run cabling between the two speakers, therefore one simple solution would be to connect a Chromecast Audio device to each Beolab speaker. As ChromeCast allows for speaker "Grouping" I would be able to control them as if they were one unit, effectively giving me two stereo wireless speakers.

My confusion lies in that the 4/6/8000's all have a single RCA line in input.

The cable I would normally use to connect a Chromecast Audio device to either a speaker/amp would be a regular RCA's (Left/Right) to a 3.5mm jack.

So which of the two RCA's (Red or White) should I connect to the Beolab Line in, and if I only connect one of the two RCA plugs to the speaker, what do i do with the other one? Just tape it up?

If I only connect 1 RCA, how is that going to affect the audio output? will i only get mono sound? If this is the case, would it be better to use a Mono RCA to 3.5mm jack cable instead?

Question 2:

Now in the event i was able to connect the two speaker together (unlikely) could I use a regular Left/Right RCA to 3.5mm jack, and plug one RCA into one BeoLab and the other RCA into the other Beolab?

Question 3:

Is it possible to use (at the same time) a powerlink cable to connect two (or more) Beolabs together and also use the Line input as the source input? I've read somewhere if the Powerlink socket is used, then the line input can not be used. 

Cheers in advance for all the above!!

Paddy.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL