rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 0 Followers

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Fri, Oct 12 2018 9:30 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in buying a Beovision 6-26 second hand. I found reasonably priced but have still some question i can't find an answer to. Can you please help me?

- The Type N° is 9281 which is not referenced in Beoworld product page or service manual (925x) or anywhere. The set has component in and optional FM tuner. doesn't look to have Dolby module.

- I think I've read that the component In are dummy if the HD kit isn't fit. Is that true or will they still work in SD ? can they be assigned to a key on the remote like any V source (V.AUX, SAT, etc…)?

Projet is to hook an Apple TV 1 only. Preferably via component just to avoid digging in the remote until PC control.

Thank you for your answers!

All Replies

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, Finally it's not a Beovision but a Beocenter 6 and the type number make now sense. So if you may, i would replace my first question with that one :-):

- Is the dolby an option or is it standard to the BC6?

Thank you

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guy,

Thank you. I remember reading this topic but couldn't find it again, so thank you for pointing it to me.

I was hoping someone to contradict that line:
      the Y-Pb-Pr COMPONENT (3x RCA/phono) will NOT be ACTIVE without HD ready update!

Essentially because the beocenter reference book doesn't make any mention of the HD kit for the use of the AV3 sockets (which i understood are the component ones.

Also, as the HD related topics are often related to HDCP, I was wondering if there was not a confusion between "not active" and not working in HD.
Even if the link you pointed to me is quite clear on that, I can't believe B&O would just add dummy connections to that TV when first gen didn't have them. 

Anyway, thank you for your input.

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Here in the U.K., second hand Beovision 6-26 with HDMI inputs, are becoming to be more available on EBay etc. Some at very reasonable prices.Yes - thumbs up

Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Chris,

I've noticed that in UK there's a lot more offer for B&O material than here in France. Also the prices are more important here in Paris unless you cross someone who either dont know whats he's selling, either know it very well and keep it to it's reasonable price.

Just try Beosound Ouverture on our local Craigslist and price will range from 80€ for a full set with BL2500 (I paid that) to 900€ the beosound alone.

Unafortunatly, shipping cost for those always big beast make the difference significant!

Lucky you! :-)

Luke Spadavecchia
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
145 Posts
Gold Member

That is true for the early Beovision models - I believe you can display an image from the DVI input via the PC input, but the component inputs are not enabled and sources are not assignable to the HD inputs. Others may know which type numbers and software levels allowed HD inputs on both inputs for the Beovision 6.

I'm pretty sure all of the Beocenter 6 models were HD enabled from the factory (others can correct me if I'm wrong). I have a Beocenter 6-26 and can confirm 2*720p inputs are possible via DVI and component. I still think it's a great little telly with a useful size (I'm not a fan of big screens, but thats a personal choice). The picture is okay, but isn't a patch on modern LED sets of similar size - the main reason to keep it for me is the master link integration with the rest of the house, and my master link gateway (note you need the very latest software to pass light commands to a MLGW).

Unless you get a late model HDMI enabled Beovision 6 then there is only one STB controller available (and no STB controller if you get a hotel version, although it is possible to remove the business to business module in the hotel version and enable the STB if you are brave enough to open it up and remove it.) 

The Surround Module was an optional extra in the 6 range, so unless it is specified as an accessory you will only have the option of 2.1 sound (with the centre channel in the Beovision itself, and 2*powerlink outputs for stern left and right). Apparently the surround module was identical to that of the earlier Beovision 3. I actually got hold of one and installed it in my Beocenter 6-26, but was never able to get it to work correctly.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,350 Posts
Founder
kallasr replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 12:45 PM

matador43:

- The Type N° is 9281 which is not referenced in Beoworld product page or service manual (925x) or anywhere. The set has component in and optional FM tuner. doesn't look to have Dolby module.

Did you check Serial number here:

http://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/2646/~/which-bang-%26-olufsen-televisions-qualify-as-hd-ready%3F

And Dolby was not Standard...

Best regards

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you all for your prompt answers.

In fact, I did go to check it by myself with my ATV1 in my pack.
I didn't check the DVI Input yet but I did check the component in.

And they were enabled! Bad news is that you still need to go into a >list command to choose that source.
In my ATV1 loaded with Kodi, I must set the output to 1080p to fill the full screen.
To me the picture is nice, maybe a little dark but thats ok and with a little analog feel (not pixelate at all.

Thanks to the link posted by Kallasr i've been able to check that the TV is indeed HD Enabled.

Sad to know the dolby surround is the same as the BV3 as i dump one with Dolby Option last year. Would it have been as easy as just open it and fit the Card?

I'm just a little bit disappointed by the absence of electronic curtain. A little bit of magic less.

Thank all again for your help!.

Best regards.

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
137 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

Bad news is that you still need to go into a >list command to choose that source.

Quick Update. It's possible to assign AV3 to the DTV/SAT key on Beo4 Smile 

Cheers!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL