matador43
Top 500 Contributor
164 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:17 PM

Hi Alls,

Recently my Beo 4 started to act very weirdly.You can see here:

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/33239.aspx

Second hand Beo4 are quite expensive but you can sometimes find ones with the LCD broken or leaking.
As mine is in good shape I started wondering if the LCD can be swapped and i found out, here on beoworld that it was easy.

But when i open the remote i can't remove the LCD without feeling i'm gonna broke something.
It look like glued or something, definitely a stronger bond than, say the LCD on a Beocom 6000 with came out easily. 

This is the same with the plastic sheet where the key contacts are. can't manage to separate it from the PCB to clean it!

Any insight would be great. Thank you!

All Replies

Opman
Top 150 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
405 Posts
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Wed, Oct 10 2018 1:24 PM

The screen housing should very easily separate from the PCB it just sits in two guide holes. However I wouldn't remove the plastic film on the PCB itself.

Opman

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you Opman,

When I pull it, even with a little force it doesn't come up. I feel like if i pull harder it will break something.

I'll try again tonight…

matador43
Top 500 Contributor
164 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Guys,

You know what? I feel Idiot!

I found how to remove the screen! Lift and Pull, easy and quick.
I manage to swap the working screen with the one almost completely black from the beo4 coming with a Beocenter 6.

Thank you to all you guys who makes me wonder why i can't do it when you said it was easy!.

Regards.

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
320 Posts
Silver Member

matador43:

Hi Guys,

You know what? I feel Idiot!

Thank you to all you guys who makes me wonder why i can't do it when you said it was easy!.

Regards.

We have all done something like that. I struggled for a couple of months to get the frets off my Beolab Pentas. I read on here it was easy but was too worried to really pull hard. When I finally got the first off it was so easy. 

Thus forum is excellent for suggestions and support. 

Stoobie 

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
320 Posts
Silver Member

Duplicate post. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL