Gold Member
Jon replied on Tue, Oct 9 2018 5:45 PM
😍😍😍😍
MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,094
Founder

Oh my, available at the MoMA Design Store in SoHo.  I'll have to pop down there and pick them up.  NOT.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 6,887
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Oct 9 2018 8:33 PM

I've never understood that kind of art. Sorry.

If I wanted to see stuff like that on my B&O, I'd take it to the local primary school and ask the 5 year olds to go for it....

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,205
Bronze Member
I’m with you Lee. Brands like Rolex or Porsche are too busy honing classic designs, to be bothered with this pointless trivia.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Rob.B
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 290
Gold Member
Rob.B replied on Wed, Oct 10 2018 4:04 AM

Not a fan. They could spend the time and effort and money developing a set of speakers between BL20 & BL50... focus on whats missing with the range

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,104
Bronze Member
Rob.B:

Not a fan. They could spend the time and effort and money developing a set of speakers between BL20 & BL50... focus on whats missing with the range

Yep
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 11,267
Bronze Member

I am pretty sure, that avoiding this kind of addition to an existing couple of speakers would help much in the process of making a ‘speaker between the BL 20 and 50’.

My advice - stay clear of the Lynch versions and continue to hope for a new speaker (of some sort).....

....and enjoy what you already have 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 206
Gold Member
Jon replied on Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:25 PM
Millemissen:

I am pretty sure, that avoiding this kind of addition to an existing couple of speakers would help much in the process of making a ‘speaker between the BL 20 and 50’.

My advice - stay clear of the Lynch versions and continue to hope for a new speaker (of some sort).....

....and enjoy what you already have 😉

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

I’m not entirely convinced that these designs are causing any harm to the idea of new speakers in an entirely different market segment. They’re Beoplay speakers, Beoplay speakers get new colour options multiple times a year and this isn’t really any different IMO and given the limited run it’s not even going to take up too much manufacturing time. This is exactly the same as the B&O x Saint Laurent collab to me *shrug*.
altist
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Gold Member
altist replied on Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:27 PM
Absolutely re unnecessary. Strikes me that are far happier bringing out new colours and designs to existing products than addressing any future developments and support, in general,for older devices. The only light on horizon is that they seem to be redesigning the app to include sound controls which many have requested.
Rob.B
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
Posts 290
Gold Member
Rob.B replied on Wed, Oct 10 2018 10:15 PM

Havent been the best at collabs, look at some i can think of straight away

DJ Khaled H6

Line friends P2

Rapha H6

David Lynch Play products

Pepsi Form2

The only one that is half decent is SUPREME, its a big brand thats popular at the moment, I'm not a fan myself but for marketing its not too bad

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,094
Founder

Beosound Shape by David Lynch.   Shouldn't he first see if his other 'art' sells?

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Totterdown, Bristol
Posts 599
Gold Member

Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool actually and I am a fan. The again, I do appreciate and enjoy abstract art, so this fits well with my home decor. Not sure I have the space for anymore B&O though as less is often so much more in my opinion. Still, I might see if I can find a place for it somewhere! Happy Thursday :) Simon.

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Gold Member
Jon replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 8:22 AM
MediaBobNY:

Beosound Shape by David Lynch . Shouldn't he first see if his other 'art' sells?

Yeah we get it, you don’t like it.
Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Gold Member
Jon replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 8:23 AM
BAND'OH!:

Thanks for the link. That's pretty cool actually and I am a fan. The again, I do appreciate and enjoy abstract art, so this fits well with my home decor. Not sure I have the space for anymore B&O though as less is often so much more in my opinion. Still, I might see if I can find a place for it somewhere! Happy Thursday :) Simon.

At least someone else likes it! Thought I was the only one 😂 I wouldn’t say no to the BeoSound Shape if I had $100,000 😂
Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Gold Member
Jon replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 8:26 AM
Rob.B:

Havent been the best at collabs, look at some i can think of straight away

DJ Khaled H6

Line friends P2

Rapha H6

David Lynch Play products

Pepsi Form2

The only one that is half decent is SUPREME, its a big brand thats popular at the moment, I'm not a fan myself but for marketing its not too bad

I think this one is a bit different to those, and more like the Saint Laurent collab (that I’m 99% sure was only available from one store in France) because of how few they’re actually making of these. Plus side of there being so many designs and colours now is at least there’ll be at least one design for everybody 😂
Justasyou
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Justasyou replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 3:17 PM

I just looked on the MOMO website.

The 8 tile shape that i saw at my dealer costs € 4250,- 

The 8 tile shape with David Lynch cover is only $ 100.000

That,s a bargain right???

Then i do not buy the 4x Beolab 50 speakers with an oled tv 65 

Just my idea

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,172
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 3:17 PM

Well, at least it's better than "Dune."

But to me, this is the hallmark of a modern "lifestyle" brand, less time spent on the underlying product and more on flash and marketing to try and make it "hip" and "cool."

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,094
Founder

Jeff:

Awww - c'mon, Twin Peaks more than made up for that boo-boo.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,172
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 7:09 PM

MediaBobNY:

Jeff:

Awww - c'mon, Twin Peaks more than made up for that boo-boo.

Oh, agree completely, Twin Peaks, and Eraserhead both. Blue Velvet rocked too.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 471
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2018 7:49 PM
As Harry Enfield would have said “I saw you coming”. Big Smile enjoy the clip. https://youtu.be/uVvcD4Czx4Y
Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
Posts 442
Bronze Member
Perhaps B&O is becoming what all its critics have always felt it was...but wasn’t
David
Not Ranked
Oxford
Posts 27
Gold Member
David replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 8:32 AM

I think maybe I am in a minority as I quite like these designs and the work of David Lynch. To me they are reminiscent of the BWM Art Cars Carshttp://www.artcar.bmwgroup.com/en/art-car/ I’m sure these cars are not to everyones taste but with contributors such as David Hockney & Andy Warhol if one of them came onto the market I’m sure it would be a wise investment. 

Art, like high end audio and video equipment is highly controversial and subjective. I think it a bold move by B&O to find a way to bring their products to a new wealthy and discerning sector of the public. The fact that many of these people have more money than sense some might say is just the target market B&O are looking for. 
I’m sure many people unaware of B&O would be astonished at the amount of money some of us spend on our systems and the amount of time we spend talking about them. 
I say well done B&O for taking such an enterprising move and long may the controversy of art and hifi continue. 
badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 518
Gold Member
badgersurf replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 11:13 AM

I really like the M5 and P2. Not so keen on the Shape.

Hope to try and get my hands on a P2 for the en-suite, if they come on-line, as its not very clear if its just Harrods for the UK and or online as well!

One of the art forums I drop into this release has very favourable reviews for the collaboration. David Lynch releases always attract a lot of interest and his last release sold out quickly. So definitely a good move for B&O

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 151
Bronze Member
poodleboy replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 1:17 PM

Justasyou:

I just looked on the MOMO website.

The 8 tile shape that i saw at my dealer costs € 4250,- 

The 8 tile shape with David Lynch cover is only $ 100.000

That,s a bargain right???

Then i do not buy the 4x Beolab 50 speakers with an oled tv 65 

Just my idea

I do not know how that strategy works for B&O but David Lynch must be a marketing genius. 

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 206
Gold Member
Jon replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 1:23 PM
Barry Santini:

Perhaps B&O is becoming what all its critics have always felt it was...but wasn’t

That’s a slight over-reaction. It’s a bit of fabric on already fantastic products Stick out tongue
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 534
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:07 PM

Jon:
That’s a slight over-reaction. It’s a bit of fabric on already fantastic products Stick out tongue

I agree with you Jon.  They probably outsourced this anyway, and hopefully they didn't pre-pay a tremendous amount of royalties to Mr Lynch.

trackbeo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Silver Member
trackbeo replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 5:40 PM

Well, the Shape is a one-off (plus the artist's proof) so it's similar to the BMW art-cars in that respect.  Not sure if a David Lynch original is worth $100K (OK, subtract the regular speaker price)  but that's another matter; it *is* "original art" in that sense.  The other products are production runs.  The David Lynch premium is: A9 $2700 -> $5000; M5 $600 -> $750; P2 $170 -> $200.  You get your MoMA member discount on the M5 & P2 (but not the A9 because it's a limited edition of 5, nor the Shape) which brings them closer to the regular prices: M5 -> $675, P2 -> $180.  But hey, you can get $10 off your $100,000 Shape purchase if you sign up for their mailing list... heh.

P.S. Speaking of art/speaker collaborations which merely tart up the standard product, check the Marcel Wanders KEF LS50W "Nocturne Edition", $2200 regular -> $2500 artsy.  http://international.kef.com/ls50-wireless-nocturne-by-marcel-wanders  Hopefully it won't smoke itself when you purchase it! (That's a Banksy joke, if you're living in an art-free zone.)

Page 1 of 1 (28 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL