Beovision mx 2000 and beovision remote

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Jabba1138 posted on Sun, Oct 7 2018 3:32 PM

Hi, I have recently acquired a Beovision mx 2000 with a  beovision video terminal. The TV powers on and is working the remote from what I can tell works (using my phone camera to see if the infrared light flash when pushing buttons) but the tv won't respond to any of the remote commands.  The battery has been replaced as well. Am I not doing something right? I can't do anything with the TV unless the remote works. 

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Oct 7 2018 5:22 PM

Silly question from me - the video terminal is the brown one?

Peter

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

It's the grey one. The remote seems ok. Just the TV not responding

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Well now I've had a look at the picture it looks very similar in colour

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
616 Posts
Founder
The IR receiver on the MX2000 is behind a transparent window on the lift-up lid on the top of TV. By any chance is something blocking reception?

Lawrence
Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the reply, no nothing is blocking it, i have even lifted the lid and tried.. Maybe the IR receiver is broken. 

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
764 Posts
Gold Member

It could be that the ir diode has failed,but the receiver module was rather prone to rf interference I remember.

Do you have any "low energy" lighting or say a Dect 'phone base anywhere near the tv?

We used to have to wrap the module in foil sometimes to overcome interference problems from within the set!!!

Regards,

Nick

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi solderon29, 

"Do you have any "low energy" lighting or say a Dect 'phone base anywhere near the tv". No its in a room with natural light, when i was testing it. When you say module, do you mean in side the TV? I might give that a try. I am also looking at getting a cable made, When i have the tv hooked up to a source if i press and hold the fine tune or brightness i can see a picture. Then when i let got it will disappear.

solderon29
Top 150 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
764 Posts
Gold Member

Yes,the remote control receiver module is mounted in the top moulding of the tv.It's quite fiddly to get to,you may need the manual to explain how to get there.

You should be able to turn the set on via the "step" button in the top of the set,assuming that the main power switch is set to standby,and there should be a red dot in the display.

Is your remote control definitely a version of  the video terminal as shown in Peter's earlier post?

They were in fact available in brown,black,grey and white!The set won't respond to any other type of B&O remote control.

Nick

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks again for your reply, 

"Is your remote control definitely a version of  the video terminal as shown in Peter's earlier post?" yeah its definitely one of the  video terminal remotes like the one in the picture. 

When i power on the TV i dont see any red dot on the top right, just the <>.. I can get <l> by moving the expand switch. I'll try the "step" button on the tv and see if that brings it out of standby. 

cheers for your help. 

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,356 Posts
Gold Member

If you see ”<>” the telly is already on.

--mika

Jabba1138
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member

ah right, from doing a little reading looks like i can get the TV to switch to the scart input by adding 12v to pin 8. I might give that a try.. then it wont matter if IR module is faulty ? Thanks for your help with this. I still haven't see the picture quality yet lol but i hear good things.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,356 Posts
Gold Member

Jabba1138:
from doing a little reading looks like i can get the TV to switch to the scart input by adding 12v to pin 8.

That should do it, and most other things can be done from the control panel.

--mika

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL