rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 174 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member
Craig posted on Thu, Oct 4 2018 8:37 PM

So beguiled by Peters Beolab that when I spotted this on ebay I had to enter into a two day long haggle with the vendor.....he was a hard man but we reached an accord and the deal was struck (not as good a deal as I was hoping, but a fair price judging by the quality of Peters machine).

All Replies

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

And the scale on the first attempt is a little off....so I will be taking the panel to the office tomorrow to get it right.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

Before taking the entire panel down to bare metal and obliterating the existing text forever...…..

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Tue, Mar 12 2019 9:47 PM

Hmm... maybe a couple of hours with a program where you can draw the different symbols, scale the text correctly and place it with the correct distance between each other would be a better option in terms of sharpness and quality? This will also make it possible to have it UV printed directly onto the part. Just don't mention or show it on this forum if you reproduce the 'BEOMASTER 5000' and 'B&O' logo. It's highly frowned upon, apparently illegal and you will risk having your thread closed... Smile

/Dennis

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,182 Posts
Gold Member

How are you Dennis, long time no see

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,643 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:10 AM

Dennis:

... Just don't mention or show it on this forum if you reproduce the 'BEOMASTER 5000' and 'B&O' logo. It's highly frowned upon, apparently illegal and you will risk having your thread closed... Smile

/Dennis

Indeed the reproduction of a companys registrered trademark logo is strictly illegal. I wouldn't do it.
Same goes for the crown, which is a royal insignia only used by companies appointed by the royal family, and of course the royal family themselves.

Having said that, I doubt B&O will take any action as long as you don't put it on something homemade and/or something you plan on selling.

All other lettering is no problem.

Martin

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,125 Posts
Founder

I am surprised that the Danish royals still allow B&O to use the crown symbol given some of the boring cr*p the company turns out nowadays.

Regards Graham

Dennis
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
563 Posts
Bronze Member
Dennis replied on Wed, Mar 13 2019 2:55 PM

Søren Mexico:

How are you Dennis, long time no see

I'm good, thanks. Yes, it has been a  couple of years since the last time I posted on Beoworld. It was also about that time I met my girlfriend, so spending many of my weekends at her place a couple of 100 kilometers from home and the rest of my weekends fixing and enjoying my cars left very little time and interest for my B&O. After starting to study 'Maskinmester' (Bachelor of Technology Management and Marine Engineering) in Esbjerg and moving together with my girlfriend in Ribe, I am finding myself having a bit more spare time and the other day suddenly found myself searching for vintage B&O. Still haven't brought a single piece of my B&O with me though, but that will change soon. Let's see if the red labelled pair of M100s I'm picking up Friday can bring back the Beovirus a bit...

Hope all is well in Mexico Wink

Oh, and very nice job on the Beolab 5000 by the way, Craig! Makes me want to fire up my Weller again and replace some dried out caps.

/Dennis

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,182 Posts
Gold Member

Dennis:
After starting to study 'Maskinmester' (Bachelor of Technology Management and Marine Engineering)

I like that, I have my German "Meister Maschinenbau" and have been working with big printing machines now for nearly 50 years, The bigger the better, keep it up Dennis and good luck with it. Søren Hammer was doing the same study in Aarhus, he must have finished it by now, as you he has been away from the forum for a couple of years. Sorry for going off topic Craig.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

Hey no worries Soren....it's good to see old friends connecting ;¬)

Well.....we have crossed the Rubicon!

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

taken down to bare metal and primed prior to a few coats of satin black....I have some decal transparent sheets on order, however I'm struggling getting a good contrast with the black background due to the absence of white ink.....seems the printers assume a white background when proportioning out the ink mixes to produce a given colour....doesn't work on a transparent sheet...unless you place it over a white card...I will try using a primary colour today, but this may end with a "no text" outcome....but will that be so bad?

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,784 Posts
Bronze Member
chartz replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 7:28 AM

Well, should you decide to give up on the etching, don’t worry, you will think about it for a while, then you’ll just forget about it. 

All you will behold is those fantastic Frede fascias and those superb sliders from Martin, not to mention the sound, which still amazes me to this day.

Why did you go for satin instead of matte?

Jacques

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Thu, Mar 14 2019 7:40 AM

Jacques

No particular reason.....I have both available, just liked the look of the satin finish more really, and I have already painted the side panels in satin ;¬)

Craig

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

new feet...……...

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

And replaced all the trimmers...the 20vdc one was very flakey, and all of them where devils to remove. The bourne replacements for the tuning meter and muting where not an exact fit...had to band the wiper leg forward and down to bet a fit, made a start on the caps too.

Craig
Top 75 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,303 Posts
Gold Member

Ok first shot....I know the colour is all wrong, but it gave the best contrast.....never be as good as the original but its the best I can come up with.

Page 11 of 12 (175 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL