rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

OlivierC
Not Ranked
Posts 29
Bronze Member
OlivierC Posted: Wed, Oct 3 2018 4:46 PM
Hello,

I’m not sure if I’m the first one noting this.

It looks like the A6 is out of stock from the B&O website, while there is no more mention of it in the product list.

It was the only all-in-one stereo system in compact size, the remaining non-BT speakers can offer multi room but not stereo paring.

I must admit I’ve been tempted to get one in the past few months, despite of some minor weaknesses.

Should we expect an update/successor in the near future?

Cheers.

Olivier
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,294
Bronze Member

Hi Olivier,

You can stereo pair 2 BeoPlay A1s though.

I have an A6 in the study but if i had my time again and although i love it, i never use it lol, I think for the study i could have easily had an M3 but that wasn't out then.

If the BeoPlay brand is now becoming defunct and the product mix will be in the Bang & Olufsen name it sort of makes sense to kill of the A6.

The loved the bend in the A6 allowing for the stereo sound to be dispersed. 

As for a replacement, there is a big gap in cost from the M5 to the A9 so i suggest there will have to be something to fill that gap.  But if it didn't sell, then maybe people were prepared to pay a little extra for the A9 which i think is the best BeoPlay speaker and one of B&O's all time best products. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,784
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Oct 4 2018 9:55 AM

OlivierC:

It looks like the A6 is out of stock from the B&O website, while there is no more mention of it in the product list.

Yes, there's another thread on this somewhere.

The A6 was underwhelming for me. Very mid-range. Almost muffled. Nothing like the A9. Won't be missed. Would much rather have a BeoSound 2.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,784
Bronze Member
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL