Connect Beosound Essence to Beolink Passive

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

ibg001
Not Ranked
63 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 posted on Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:42 PM

Over time many people have asked if you can connect a Beosound Essence to a Beolink Passive or a ML/MLC converter/amplifier via Powerlink to drive passive speakers. 

Yes you can, but require a small change of the powerlink connector on the amplifier. Pin 1 and 4 must be connenced and also connected to ground with a 15k resistor. 

All Replies

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
632 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:50 PM

Interesting.  I've been doing this for a couple years (Essence connected to Passive) without any modifications.  You *do* need the correct PowerLink cable, and IIRC, there some confusion at my dealer about which cable was appropriate because the first one they sold me did not work.  I think I posted about it here so if someone wants the details, they should search (or just contact Steve at Sounds Heavenly - he always has the correct cable).

Stan

ibg001
Not Ranked
63 Posts
Bronze Member

I got the solution from a professional technician that modified many Beolink Passive units this way. 

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
388 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:09 PM
I have the same experience as Stan. The dealer provided me with the right ‘special cable’. Works like a charm!
ibg001
Not Ranked
63 Posts
Bronze Member

Do the Beolink Passive then power up and down correctly? Beolink Passive has power up on pin 1.  Newer products has power up on pin 4. 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
632 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:53 PM

Yes, the passive turns on when I turn on the essence, and goes to standby when I turn it off.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,713 Posts
Bronze Member

Should be available at any B&O dealer

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,699 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

I also have these cables ready made here in case you don't wish to make your own:-

https://soundsheavenly.com/playmaker-and-essence-wireless-streaming/72-388-playmaker-rj45-to-beolink-passive-ml-mcl-converter-mcl2p.html#/9-length-18m

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL