Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

B&O Australia and New Zealand under new management

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 40 Replies | 4 Followers

Beer_Baron
Not Ranked
Australia
56 Posts
Silver Member
Beer_Baron posted on Mon, Oct 1 2018 2:45 AM

I just received this email:

We would like to inform you that Kennedy Luxury Group will no longer hold distribution of Bang & Olufsen. Bang & Olufsen has with immediate effect appointed MJ Invest Pte Ltd as master dealer of the Australian and New Zealand network.

Kindly note that with this change, there will be changes in current store locations that may have an impact on you and your existing Bang & Olufsen product. For an updated listing of Bang & Olufsen retailers closest to you, please visit https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/find-store.

So I checked the store locations and it appears that only the Melbourne stores are listed. Does this mean B&O are closing in Sydney?

BV6-26, BV7-40, BL7.4, BL3, BL5, BS9000, BC1, ES1, Beo4, BeoPort

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
For our Melbourne audience the dirty laundry is aired in the column “page 13” in today’s Herald Sun.

Big double page Special Investigation

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,460 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Nov 24 2018 12:05 AM

$6 million Australian dollars, that's like what, 1000 euros? Stick out tongue Just pulling your leg, that's serious money. Any more details on the B&O suit, who allegedly did what to who?

I've seen so many B&O dealers fail, all over the world, I wonder if it's more akin to a ponzi scheme than an electronics brand. Surprise

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff:

$6 million Australian dollars, that's like what, 1000 euros? Just pulling your leg, that's serious money. Any more details on the B&O suit, who allegedly did what to who?

I've seen so many B&O dealers fail, all over the world, I wonder if it's more akin to a ponzi scheme than an electronics brand.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Haha. It’s the equivalent of 99 luftballoons.

I’ll have to look it up.

That dealer was also the sole distributor for Australia and New Zealand.

$6m is a lot of money but considering the outfit and sales I wonder if that really is just small fries.

The article said that the distributor claimed B&O under cut them by selling in ALDI. I’ve never seen B&O in ALDI.

But effectively the brand here has been destroyed.

There is no PR from Head Office. Not even an e-mail from the new company.

It’s become Daihatsu in this country.

Lucky the service guys here are stellar and easy to deal with as well as our other third party sellers and second life dealers are too.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Aussie Michael:

For our Melbourne audience the dirty laundry is aired in the column “page 13” in today’s Herald Sun.

Big double page Special Investigation

Thanks

Missed it

I shall do some dumpster diving !

BeoNut since '75

StephenJCW
Not Ranked
Melbourne AU
9 Posts
Bronze Member

This link may get you through the paywall - from the HS twitter feed: trib.al/rMmvTvY

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
StephenJCW:

This link may get you through the paywall - from the HS twitter feed: trib.al/rMmvTvY

Thanks mate !

BeoNut since '75

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,800 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Nov 27 2018 9:47 AM

Aussie Michael:

$6m is a lot of money but considering the outfit and sales I wonder if that really is just small fries.

Just to be clear, is B&O claiming the distributor in AU/NZ owes it $6 million? But the distro is claiming B&O didn't honour the agreement my distributing directly through ALDI? Could be interesting.

But, yes, does nothing to benefit the brand in a key market.

Rob - Danish AV
Top 200 Contributor
Melbourne
345 Posts
Gold Member

Not sure where ALDI came from, that's an error.

EGI/Kennedy are dirty because they wanted sole distribution to Australia, and there is another wholesaler that sells B&O Play products, undercutting stores.

ScottMacK
Not Ranked
Australia
26 Posts
Gold Member

Driving through Fortitude Valley this morning, noticed a printed A4 sign on the door of the the (closed) B&O Store—

"VideoPro is the new home of Bang & Olufsen in Brisbane"

Anyone know anything about this?

Nothing on the B&O website about a new store.

Scott...

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

The sign on the (old) Melbourne showroom was a sign on the inside saying Please contact B&O service department (which was a separate company). 

If it is a sign on the outside, i daresay that VideoPro stuck it up on there to capitalise.   A read of their website shows they were a BeoPlay reseller.  There is no mention of the Bang & Olufsen premium line of products.

In Melb there are 2 other premium resellers.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

The sign on the (old) Melbourne showroom was a sign on the inside saying Please contact B&O service department (which was a separate company). 

If it is a sign on the outside, i daresay that VideoPro stuck it up on there to capitalise.   A read of their website shows they were a BeoPlay reseller.  There is no mention of the Bang & Olufsen premium line of products.

In Melb there are 2 other premium resellers.

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL