Found this on the web...

http://www.falleboe.com/control-unit-concept-design-for-bang-olufsen/

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,893 Posts
Bronze Member
I like it, but somehow it is to much like the apple remote.
Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
898 Posts
Gold Member
It needs a few more buttons(mybuttons, more sources, etc)and it needs to be pollishedStick out tongue looks like a concept for a “new” beo4.

I like it though Big Smile

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
139 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 2:49 PM

This reminds me of some of the BeoRemote One mockups in The Art of Impossible.

mrCTE
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 3:30 PM

Oooof my eyes! Definitely feels like a mash up between Beo4 and the first gen alu Apple remote, which makes for an end product that doesn't look particularly refined. 

BeoRemote One has totally grown on me, especially in brushed alu, but I do appreciate and slightly miss the surprising weight of the Beo4. 

Mikipidia
Top 100 Contributor
898 Posts
Gold Member
I miss the flat bottom of the beo4 the most on the br1. The br1 is very unstable when you press buttons when it’s laying on a flat surfaceHmm

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,348 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

That’s an old one.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

lawrencejmcook
Top 500 Contributor
199 Posts
Founder
Mikipidia:

I miss the flat bottom of the beo4 the most on the br1. The br1 is very unstable when you press buttons when it’s laying on a flat surface New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

I miss using my Beolink 1000. I really enjoyed the top angled surface - shaped like my BC9500. And also stable when used on a flat surface.

Lawrence
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,347 Posts
Bronze Member

it is very much like an apple remote because of the width and the shape of it and the screen is clear however could look a bit more integrated.  The shapes of the buttons are nice.  

How about they update the BR1 to have more spacing between the keys / buttons 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,490 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Sep 26 2018 6:24 AM

It's interesting and slick. However, to me the Logitech Harmony remote I have now is amazingly well thought out, decent ergonomics, flexible, good combination of a hub, IR and IR blasters, and wifi control, and extremely easy to program. The only thing I don't like about it is it's plastic and kind of so so feeling in the hand. I'd love it if they would come out with a metal cased upmarket one. Or if B&O had Harmony make the guts but make a stylish remote that didn't take a trip to a dealer to add functionality.

So, I guess for my Beo specific tasks I'll keep using one of my 3 Beo4s.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,830 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:12 AM

leosgonewild:

What "worries" me about B&O customers is that many of us appear to have an eye for old-school design. This looks like something from about 1999 to me? Very 90s design. The current remote is better.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,893 Posts
Bronze Member
I would like to see a tactile remote where you do actions by twisting or bending the remote itself Big Smile
mrCTE
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:59 PM

moxxey:

leosgonewild:

What "worries" me about B&O customers is that many of us appear to have an eye for old-school design. This looks like something from about 1999 to me? Very 90s design. The current remote is better.

There are definite 90s throwback vibes in there, but if I may take it one step further Moxxey; that concept is actually quite awful design. It doesn't feel particularly considered, let alone resolved. Too many external references and looking back to what has been, rather than what could be. I'll head to my bunker now...

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,348 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

This looks like something from about 1999 to me? Very 90s design. 

Maybe not that old, but...

If you look at the pictures of the other devices in that design suite, you can see a display/a tv with the old BeoMedia software fom the BeoMaster 5 as used in the BV9 respectively the BeoMedia box and a PC - and that is more than 10 years ago.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL