Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Hello! I’m new to these forums and wanted to introduce myself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Dave Strohl
Not Ranked
Atlanta, GA
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Dave Strohl Posted: Mon, Sep 24 2018 2:35 AM

Hello All!

I’m joining this group because I just purchased my second B&O system.  The first one, which I had from 1993 to 1997 was a BeoCenter 9500 and Beovox RL140 speakers.  Sadly it was lost in a fire that was started by my next door condo neighbor who was in over her head on her mortgage and saw arson as her only way out. The experience left me with a B&O-sized hole in my heart and a very bad taste in my mouth for arsonists. She went to prison and I had to rebuild my life, and my music collection is finally getting back to where I want it to be but it’s taken almost 20 years to get here.

My acquisition last Friday was a Beomaster 5000, Beocord 5000, Beogram 5005, Beogram CD50 and a pair of Beovox RL140 speakers in almost mint condition.  Top it all off with a Master Control Panel 5000 and I now have a working (somewhat) system. There are some things that need to be repaired, but that will come in time (I’m a patient man) and I hope I can lean on all of you here to point me in the right direction to return it to a factory-like condition.  I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say hello to all on these boards.  From what I’ve read so far, everyone seems quite helpful and welcoming.

I hope to speak with you soon.

Regards,

-Dave Strohl

Mikipidia
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 598
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Mon, Sep 24 2018 3:46 AM
Hi Dave,

Welcome! Sounds like a terrible history but a very nice “new” system Stick out tongue

Hope you’ll have many more years of enjoyment out of that pretty setupBig Smile

Michael

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound 1 Bronze edition, Beoplay M3.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 75 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
Posts 1,344
Gold Member

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Beoworld!  Glad to hear that your have a new B&O system and I hope that you get the chance to enjoy this one without neighbours causing any problems.  Please ask if you need any help, we are a friendly group!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,832
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Sep 24 2018 5:44 PM

Interesting - I moved from a 5000 system to a Beocenter 9500! However the Beomaster 5000 is a great amplifier and it is an impressive system. Hope you enjoy it and your rebuilt (I hope !) condo.

Peter

YannChris
Top 500 Contributor
Lorient - France
Posts 186
Founder
YannChris replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:25 PM

Welcome!

Stereomensch
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 177
Bronze Member

You're welcome :)

How do you like the combination of the beomaster and the redlines? Did you try different combinations?

Regards

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL