NL/ML configuration help needed for its audio jacks

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 34 Replies | 1 Follower

pjk561
Not Ranked
56 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 posted on Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:49 PM

I have an NL/ML converter in my system. I recently attached a Bluetooth receiver to the audio inputs of the NL/ML converter.

In the NL side I have a Beosystem 4. In its Setup I was able to see that the "Line In" source was already assigned to the NL/ML converter. I just had to choose a button on the remote. I chose A.Mem. Again this  button choice was made within the Beosystem 4 setup source selection. This all works as I am now able to play music from my phone to the Beosystem 4.

On the ML side of the converter I have a Beolab 3500 and a Beosystem 2500. I can play CDs and radio from the 2500 to either the Beolab 3500 or the Beosystem 4.

Now for what's NOT working.

On the Beolab 3500 I can play CDs and radio from the 2500 but I'm unable to play music from my phone through the Bluetooth receiver attached to the audio jacks on the NL/ML converter.

I've a attched a pdf with my screenshots of my NL/ML config but I don't know what to reconfigure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

All Replies

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Founder
beoaus replied on Mon, Sep 24 2018 3:34 AM

Perhaps trying the BLC in A.Slave mode may be worth a test?

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
764 Posts
Bronze Member
beoaus:

won’t work for sure.

A.Slave only give you ML audio in a NL environment.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
764 Posts
Bronze Member

pjk561:
I think the DVD2 IR command to the BL3500 is being processed as V.Tape2 on both the BL3500 and BS2500 with the BS2500 causing the momentary display of "LOAD". Even though the IR was mapped in the NL/ML as being its "LIne In". This is why I will probably need to have both the BL3500 and BS2500 updated if I ever want the ML side to utilize the "Line In" of the NL/ML converter.

No... I would say the command given to the BS2500 or BL3500 does not reach the BLC

I would do something like this….

in the green box it should read BS2500

pjk561
Not Ranked
56 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:27 PM

Carolpa, Thanks for your input. It makes sense.

Pat

beoaus
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Founder
beoaus replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:48 AM

Carolpa:
beoaus:

won’t work for sure.

A.Slave only give you ML audio in a NL environment.

Generally I would agree. Oddly it worked.

Though its not described well, perhaps some information can be seen in the manual.

Page 9 - BLC_NL-ML Installation Manual.

To Masterlink

Source names that are not present on living room from other rooms, as long as they can be mapped to free Master Link sources/commands.

beoaus.

Page 3 of 3 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL