rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Robert C Gauci
Not Ranked
Carleton Place
4 Posts
Silver Member
Robert C Gauci posted on Tue, Sep 18 2018 12:52 AM

I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of Beolab 6000 speakers - with wall brackets

Are there specific items I should look/listen for when considering these? 

I am in Canada, and these have a 220 to 110v. transformer - is this a concern?

I understand there is both a Type A and Type B - any guidelines on which would be better (if there is a preference)?

Any other items you would feel are important, would be appreciated!

Thanks for any assistance you might offer.

Regards, Rob

All Replies

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,402 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:10 AM

Hi Robert

The one thing you need to look out for is sometimes the woofer surrounds crack, actually it happens to most of them and the surrounds will have to be replaced. The speakers will be as good as new after the repair. Also the foam inside the speaker cabinet tends to disintegrate with age and ends up getting sticky and sticking to the components causing damage to the boards. You have to open the speakers up and clean the interior and replace the foam.

The will last for many years after doing these repairs. They are lovely speakers and worth the effort. 

Robert C Gauci
Not Ranked
Carleton Place
4 Posts
Silver Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply - Will be looking at/purchasing these tomorrow - hoping they do not need the surrounds replaced yet.  Will let you know the condition of the surrounds and the foam - really hoping to try these - have been using S-55's for 33 years now - had to re-do the surrounds about 8 years ago.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL