rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
Martynka posted on Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:37 AM

Hi,

Because after cleaning and maintenance my Beosystem plays like new, and because I do not like compromise, I searched for the right speakers for a long time. My choice is Infinity Kappa 6.1. Equipment from the age of my beosystem, heavy oak boxes of one meter high and excellent speakers. Everyone who knows about the speakers knows what it is. I am currently in the process of renovation, new suspension of the basses, control of crosover elements, and painting because even the beauty of Infinity kappa must match the rest. 

And now the most important technical question.

The speakers are 6ohm. Beomaster is 8ohm. The speakers need a lot of power to drive them. They have separate HI and LOW frequencies input. If I connect the output from the beomaster to the loudspeakers 1 to LOW and to the 2 speakers on the HI in the Infinity, will the amplifier work well and will it help it at work ?? Does the beomaster 5000 output speakers 1 and the speakers 2 have the same signal levels ??

Best regards

Martynka

Beosystem 5000 - (Beomaster 5000, Beocord 5000, Beogram 5000, Beogram CD50, Master Control Panel 5000, Terminal 5000 Remote Controller), Beovox M70

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
631 Posts
Gold Member
Congrats. What you are looking to do is called Bi-amping with the separate inputs on your speakers . And using two speaker outputs coming from the same amplifier will not improve sound at all. Or if you were to connect the low to speaker set 1 and the high to speaker set 2 and hit the mute switch which would then isolate to just those fantastic EMIT drivers.

Or you could just buy some huge wattage mono-block power amps and connect to the preout rca of the BM5000 and use your Beosystem as preamp. The BM has nice power but I think infinities of this era are better with excessive power.
Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
Martynka replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:12 PM

Thank you for reply,

Normally, Hi and LOW inputs have bridges. I know that I will not improve the quality of sound and power, I just thought that just an amplifier working on 4 outputs would have easier.

Beosystem 5000 - (Beomaster 5000, Beocord 5000, Beogram 5000, Beogram CD50, Master Control Panel 5000, Terminal 5000 Remote Controller), Beovox M70

Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member
Martynka replied on Sat, Sep 29 2018 11:38 PM

I am still in the process of renovation my Kappa's. But in the Poland where I live, I can buy BeoVox M70, in good condition, it coast about 200 euro. 

I know it's good speakers. In the description on paper better than my new Kappa, but do they really sound good with Beosystem 5000 ?? 

If it's worth the price, Infinity can wait with renovation ...

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
631 Posts
Gold Member
Always go for M70s. Especially in good condition. Even more so with the stands.
Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Ok, but I'm beolovers not beoorthodox. I know that the M70 is probably the best B & O speaker. But I already have Kappa and now the M70 seller offered me Infinity RS with Emit-r on ribbons. It's nice to have an M70 but will Seas and Peerless speakers sound better than EMIT k Tweeter, Polyspherite and IMG Woofers ??

I'm asking because I'm an audiophile and a music lover.

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
631 Posts
Gold Member
These will sound different, probably not better or worse. To me, a good speaker is so much more than the drivers just as good music is more than just technical use of instruments.

You are fortunate to be both an audiophile and music lover, enjoy!
Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

I sold the Beovox S55 because it did not sound satisfactory to me. Now Beosystem with Kappa speakers is a completely different world. I'm afraid that the M70 will not jump over it, but I know that Reference sounds even better then Kappa. So I have a dilemma whether Beovox with 27 Hz will be better for me in reception than the wonderful high tones of Infinity.

After buying Infinity, before I dismantled them, I listened to them almost constantly. Even at work, I looked at my watch when I could touch the MCP and move to another world.

I found the perfect headphones for me after 2 years of searching (for me, Bose rules), and I know that with speakers will not be better or shorter.

Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Today I packed my beomaster 5000 in the car and drove 450 km for listening. I connected the Infinity RS 5001 then the M70 and, unfortunately, the choice was obvious. I am just coming back and my new friends are riding in the backseat.

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
631 Posts
Gold Member
I like your style.
Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

My style?? No, I just always know what I like and when I do not know, I have to find it. For a few years of my life I know that I could not live without beautiful women, music and old cars. Music is always with me, on training, during travel, and even on a walk with a dog. In old cars, I've always had the classics of audio systems. In the Lexus LS400 - Nakamichi, in the BMW E32 - Becker 1801 Bavaria C Professional, in Saab I have a full Harman Kardon. At home, I have now found the Beosystem 5000 sound.

I have already said that I was looking for the last piece of the puzzle, speakers that give the warmth and naturalness of Beomaster 5000 sound. I went through the B & O, Technics, B & W, Infinity speakers and only the M70 made everything go together .

Yesterday's listening confirmed that this is it but only today I calmly connected everything at home and ... I turned off the light, randomly chose the CD, put it in the CD50 and sat down in the darkness. Setting the volume in half and let go play. Within a few sounds of music, Counting Crows has become the best album in the world. The hair on the skin has picked up, and maybe someone will say that I am undemanding but I have had a musical nirvana. Have you ever listened to music with tears in your eyes with happiness ?? No, I did not drink anything, and I did not take anything, it was M70.

And now I'm listening to the next album on my 30 year old stereo with 40 year speakers, I close my eyes and can not point to the sound source. This old stereo plays like a new surround system. Like I did not listen to music just like I was in it...

I apologize for this colorful post but it is written honestly, it is colorful but not colored, just like the sound of the M70. And most importantly, thanks for your help, if you did not write about the M70, I would not go and check how it sounds

Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

My style?? No, I just always know what I like and when I do not know, I have to find it. For a few years of my life I know that I could not live without beautiful women, music and old cars. Music is always with me, on training, during travel, and even on a walk with a dog. In old cars, I've always had the classics of audio systems. In the Lexus LS400 - Nakamichi, in the BMW E32 - Becker 1801 Bavaria C Professional, in Saab I have a full Harman Kardon. At home, I have now found the Beosystem 5000 sound.

I have already said that I was looking for the last piece of the puzzle, speakers that give the warmth and naturalness of Beomaster 5000 sound. I went through the B & O, Technics, B & W, Infinity speakers and only the M70 made everything go together .

Yesterday's listening confirmed that this is it but only today I calmly connected everything at home and ... I turned off the light, randomly chose the CD, put it in the CD50 and sat down in the darkness. Setting the volume in half and let go play. Within a few sounds of music, Counting Crows has become the best album in the world. The hair on the skin has picked up, and maybe someone will say that I am undemanding but I have had a musical nirvana. Have you ever listened to music with tears in your eyes with happiness ?? No, I did not drink anything, and I did not take anything, it was M70.

And now I'm listening to the next album on my 30 year old stereo with 40 year speakers, I close my eyes and can not point to the sound source. This old stereo plays like a new surround system. Like I did not listen to music just like I was in it...

I apologize for this colorful post but it is written honestly, it is colorful but not colored, just like the sound of the M70. And most importantly, thanks for your help, if you did not write about the M70, I would not go and check how it sounds

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
631 Posts
Gold Member
I’m extremely happy for you. I’m listening to Yes, Fragile right now on my M70s and for right now, it is the best album I’ve ever heard. And then How to Dress Well, What is This Heart. And then that will be the best album I’ve ever heard. I’m powering mine with a BM6000 right now.

Having these pieces of beautiful old B&O bring music alive is a very powerful experience. My wife and I spend way more time sitting and listening to music than watching TV, and we still break out singing at the same time. Music and love are powerful. Enjoy.
chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
3,707 Posts
Bronze Member
I have used my Beovox M70 (with tulip stands) with an even better Beomaster 4400 for years.

I keep saying how good all-rounders those speakers are. And I am an ESL 57 owner...

Happy to hear from another satisfied owner.

Jacques

Martynka
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

ESL ... if the Queen uses them then it must be the best.

By the way, today for 13 hours I was listening to music and I do not have enough. I discovered another feature of the M70. I play music, I leave the room in which they stand, and continue to feel this sound quality, the bass breaks discreetly into the entire 360 meters of the house, although the Beomaster 5000 volume is at 3/4.

I would create another topic from the renovation of the M70 but there are so many of them here ... who will read it ??

Now, for a moment I connected Infinity and dismantled B&O, I have to check what is inside and take few photo. 

P.S. Infinity sound wonderful, but only at high power, when they play silently they are completely lost.

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL