rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Martynka
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Martynka posted on Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:37 AM

Hi,

Because after cleaning and maintenance my Beosystem plays like new, and because I do not like compromise, I searched for the right speakers for a long time. My choice is Infinity Kappa 6.1. Equipment from the age of my beosystem, heavy oak boxes of one meter high and excellent speakers. Everyone who knows about the speakers knows what it is. I am currently in the process of renovation, new suspension of the basses, control of crosover elements, and painting because even the beauty of Infinity kappa must match the rest. 

And now the most important technical question.

The speakers are 6ohm. Beomaster is 8ohm. The speakers need a lot of power to drive them. They have separate HI and LOW frequencies input. If I connect the output from the beomaster to the loudspeakers 1 to LOW and to the 2 speakers on the HI in the Infinity, will the amplifier work well and will it help it at work ?? Does the beomaster 5000 output speakers 1 and the speakers 2 have the same signal levels ??

Best regards

Martynka

All Replies

Saint Beogrowler
Top 150 Contributor
Saint Paul
592 Posts
Gold Member
Congrats. What you are looking to do is called Bi-amping with the separate inputs on your speakers . And using two speaker outputs coming from the same amplifier will not improve sound at all. Or if you were to connect the low to speaker set 1 and the high to speaker set 2 and hit the mute switch which would then isolate to just those fantastic EMIT drivers.

Or you could just buy some huge wattage mono-block power amps and connect to the preout rca of the BM5000 and use your Beosystem as preamp. The BM has nice power but I think infinities of this era are better with excessive power.
Martynka
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
Martynka replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:12 PM

Thank you for reply,

Normally, Hi and LOW inputs have bridges. I know that I will not improve the quality of sound and power, I just thought that just an amplifier working on 4 outputs would have easier.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL