moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,606
Bronze Member
moxxey Posted: Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:05 PM

If you like the Limestone colour:

https://www.beoplay.com/en/collection/aw18

There's also Plum and Terracotta shades to choose from. Interesing how the A1 was excluded from the new colours.

Thought you guys would be equally as excited as me.

mrCTE
Not Ranked
Posts 47
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:17 PM

Love, love, love, the shots of Marrakesh, i'm but mostly underwhelmed by new colours of anything, unless it induces a geewizz moment owing to super bold colour moves. That being said, terracotta is quite inspired! It's nice to see they have budget to spend on the marketing like this! Sits nicely with some of the super on point publications in the Hearst and Condé Nast stables...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,606
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:38 PM

mrCTE:

That being said, terracotta is quite inspired! It's nice to see they have budget to spend on the marketing like this!

I notice one guy on social media said that the BeoPlay models look bored and uninspired. Absolutely not having that. They look inspired.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,680
Bronze Member
Damn, have to sell all my stuff and buy new ***.
Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,074
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 6:27 PM

mrCTE:

Love, love, love, the shots of Marrakesh, i'm but mostly underwhelmed by new colours of anything, unless it induces a geewizz moment owing to super bold colour moves. That being said, terracotta is quite inspired! It's nice to see they have budget to spend on the marketing like this! Sits nicely with some of the super on point publications in the Hearst and Condé Nast stables...

Some might prefer they spent more money on software development and less on marketing. Just saying.

At least the models aren't so sexy and attractive they detract from the products.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,154
Bronze Member
The last time I was in Marrakesh, people looked distinctly north Africany Erm.. Definitely no gingers

Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

OldJack
Top 500 Contributor
Split
Posts 137
Gold Member
OldJack replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 9:53 PM

moxxey:

If you like the Limestone colour:

https://www.beoplay.com/en/collection/aw18

There's also Plum and Terracotta shades to choose from. Interesing how the A1 was excluded from the new colours.

Thought you guys would be equally as excited as me.

What a colorful colours Whistle

Beogram 6500 MMC2,Beosound Ouverture,2xBeolab 8000,2xBelolab 4000,Beolab 2,Beolab 7.2,Beo4 navi, 2xBeocom2,Serene,Beosystem 3 mk3,Earphones A8,Keyring,Bottle opener,Wine Set,4Ktv Samsung 55'',Beolab 7.1 with 42''Panasonic plasma, LinTronic.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,375
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, Sep 13 2018 11:42 PM

I've had my hair died Limestone with Terracotta tips to match my new Headphones!

Ban boring signatures!

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,074
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:40 AM

Puncher:

I've had my hair died Limestone with Terracotta tips to match my new Headphones!

Meh, I am ahead of the game, the years have made my hair more limestone!

Jeff

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 2,918
Bronze Member
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

Welcome to the Stone Age Surprise

On another note The shots look really good, stylish, high-end. I wouldn’t say the models look that inspired though.

I like the colours too. And odd that the A1 is not on the list.

I am glad B&O do launch seasonal colours. No one else really does colour anymore - and not the extent that B&O does.
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,375
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 7:27 AM

Jeff:

Puncher:

Alas, I was merely being flippant - in order to have matching headphones I'll have to wait for the high-gloss fleshtone model!

Ban boring signatures!

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 9:38 AM

Since it seems like the A2 has quietly been discontinued, I'm afraid the A1 is going away soon as well.

Is the new P6 really that good?

Beoplay A2 Black
Beoplay H6 Black (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 Black (x2)
Beovox CX50 White (with Beocreate 4CA)
Beovox CX50 Aluminium/Black (needs repair)

Beovox RL 6000 White

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,606
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:32 AM

Svenni:

Since it seems like the A2 has quietly been discontinued, I'm afraid the A1 is going away soon as well.

Looks that way. I can't even find the SS18 A1 colours in some retail outlets. Without a single AW18 colour, looks like it's on the way out. Shame as it's probably one of the strongest small speakers in the range. Could have done with a v2 update though.

Svenni
Not Ranked
Berlin, Germany
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Svenni replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 7:11 PM

moxxey:
Looks that way. I can't even find the SS18 A1 colours in some retail outlets. Without a single AW18 colour, looks like it's on the way out. Shame as it's probably one of the strongest small speakers in the range. Could have done with a v2 update though.

Yeah absolutly, the A1 is a speaker I would recommend everyone to buy when asked what portable BT speaker is "the best", the size vs sound quality is so good.

I really love my A2, but think it's just a bit too large as a portable for most people, which is a shame for someone like me that is willing to lug the thing around for better sound quality.

I haven't heard the P6 yet, it probably sounds great, but I think it looks like crap compared to A1 and A2, or P2. I've been thinking if I should get a used A2 Active, just as a backup or for the future Whistle

Beoplay A2 Black
Beoplay H6 Black (Gen 2)
Beoplay S3 Black (x2)
Beovox CX50 White (with Beocreate 4CA)
Beovox CX50 Aluminium/Black (needs repair)

Beovox RL 6000 White

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,074
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 9:43 PM

Puncher:

Jeff:

Puncher:

Alas, I was merely being flippant - in order to have matching headphones I'll have to wait for the high-gloss fleshtone model!

I hear you my brother! I face the same issue, I'm getting too tall for my hair!

When I lived in Florida there was this kind of "Hair Club For Men" place that did hair restoration, every time you drove by it the parking lot was full of convertible sports cars, most of them red (no kidding), all mid life crisis mobiles.

Jeff

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 2,918
Bronze Member
Svenni:

Yeah absolutly, the A1 is a speaker I would recommend everyone to buy when asked what portable BT speaker is "the best", the size vs sound quality is so good.

I really love my A2, but think it's just a bit too large as a portable for most people, which is a shame for someone like me that is willing to lug the thing around for better sound quality.

I haven't heard the P6 yet, it probably sounds great, but I think it looks like crap compared to A1 and A2, or P2. I've been thinking if I should get a used A2 Active, just as a backup or for the future

Beoplay A2 Black Beoplay H6 Black (Gen 2) Beoplay S3 Black (x2) Beovox CX50 White (with Beocreate 4CA) Beovox CX50 Aluminium/Black (needs repair) Beovox RL 6000 White

Maybe this is a hint that the market for Bluetooth speakers really is for ultra portable and cheaper stocking filler devices rather than sort of portable / stand alone ones.
Howzit
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 66
Bronze Member
Howzit replied on Sat, Sep 15 2018 4:49 PM
Photography is beautiful, art direction is atrocious. Have they gone mad?

Music is suppose to bring joy, inspiration, happiness, or simply some enrichment. I don’t understand what would possess someone to think models acting like they are depressed, grieving or are being held prisoners is a bright spark of an idea. I suppose music can help one endure those circumstances. We all know high end has “attitude”, but this is too much ether dust getting in the way of common sense. Add to that, instruction to act as if they have bad hunched over postures.... I mean.... common now.

LOVE the product colors though! They do look high end to me... always loved the more earthy, pastel color palette B&O uses... makes the products look high end.

Beolab 9 | Beolab 8000 | Beolab 6000 | Beolab 2 | Beosound 9000 | Beoplay A9 | Beomaster 8000 | Beovox M75, / S75, / S45.2 

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,074
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Sep 15 2018 6:34 PM

I agree Howzit, kind of bored and depressed looking models. Maybe the campaign is "If you are a nihilist and are just rigid with ennui, then B&O is the brand for you!" Crying

Jeff

Chris Townsend
Top 25 Contributor
Badsey, UK
Posts 3,154
Bronze Member
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

The baldy heeeeed edition

Beolit 15, Beoplay A2, H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 6,862
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:05 PM

moxxey:

That's a Meme, right there. 

It's "Facepalm" - a bit like the Jean Luc Picard one...

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 164
Gold Member
Jon replied on Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:34 PM

Oops... may have ordered a pair of terracotta H9is 😏 Wink

Page 1 of 1 (21 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL