Beo6 Remote?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus posted on Fri, Aug 31 2018 8:18 AM
Does anyone know if Beo 6 Remote works at all with any of the New Stuff? I still have an unopened Box of my! Such a Beautiful Design to go waste for nothing, C’mon B&O! You’ve done the most iconic stuff, Please, don’t loose your mojo to the inferiority of other Products! You’ve always Stand alone as Class Act! Please, Bring that back! 😔

All Replies

AdamS
Top 500 Contributor
302 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 1:05 PM

Unfortuantely, my local B&O dealer had absolutely no interest in repairing our Beo5 remote when it was damaged, so i ended up selling it for spares. Broke my heart - I loved it!

Consequently, I wouldn't hold out much hope for any future support for the Beo6 either.

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:31 PM
Very Sad Adams! It’s such a fine thing to waste for nothing!
Stan
Top 150 Contributor
680 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:38 PM

If a Beo4 works, then the Beo6 should work.  Otherwise, most of the "new stuff" uses BlueTooth and the Beo6 does not so there's not much you can do.

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
119 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 7:05 PM
Stan, it doesn’t have to be Bluetooth, all got to do is provide software to update to the new Systems! I mean, why would do such a Beautiful thing and let it sit for nothing? C’mon now B&O!
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
989 Posts
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Fri, Aug 31 2018 10:10 PM
jowus:

Stan, it doesn’t have to be Bluetooth, all got to do is provide software to update to the new Systems! I mean, why would do such a Beautiful thing and let it sit for nothing? C’mon now B&O!

Looks nice but an ergonomic and software disaster.

Just fill the base of Beo5/6 with lead and it will then, eventually, have a use....

...as a paperweight.
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
666 Posts
Bronze Member

I agree that both the 5 and 6 are iconic products and if they were still supported by B&O they would be my favourite choice of remotes. It is rather baffling that B&O give up so easily on lovely products they have created. So much for longevity. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8, BR1, Essence

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL