Bang & Olufsen App 1.9.9 beta

rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 4 Followers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,076
Founder
Mbollo01’s suggestion may mean a new hard drive that plugs into your network.

I have seen references to people using Time Capsules ... but the TC has no DLNA software on it so you need to host that software (Twonky, PLEX, Orr whatever) somewhere.

In my case I host PLEX on a MacMini with an external USB hard drive (the Mac’s HD is too small).

Do you have only the one Mac ?

My first “server” was a 2008 MacBook Big Smile

Here is a link on PLEX which I found simpler than Twonky and which had other benefits.

https://www.plex.tv

https://www.plex.tv/your-media/music/

BeoNut since '75

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 16
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Tue, Sep 4 2018 8:46 AM

Thanks everyone, I will check PLEX and I guess I set up a server.

Bests, Stefan

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 708
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Sep 5 2018 6:28 AM
Interesting ..... Color Picker is no longer present for Core and Moment Big Smile but has disappeared for A6 and M5 Angry why?

BS Moment, BS Core, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Dyssegaard
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 31
Bronze Member

Hi Thomas.

I have tested version 1.9.10.14858:

• Color picker is now gone for all my products (previously it was only my integrated BV11/Core setup that had problems) Sad
  • The TV icon flicker in the "Now playing" window is gone. The TV icon is steady. However, there is no longer any info about the selected TV station Wink
  • There is still update problems for the DLNA covert art in the "Now playing" window. For the first selected song the cover art is displayed, but when I step through the songs, the cover art disappears. If I close and re-open the now playning window, the cover art is displayed again Wink

Furthermore I have discovered the following issues. They may have been present in previous versions also:

• When a TV source is playing on the BV11, the Core (integrated with the BV11) is in the list of selectable products in the "Multiroom" window (BeoVison 11-40 Group) together with my M5. Being integrated with BV11 it doesn´t make sense to add the core to the group as it points back to the BV11 speakers already playing.
  • When a source from the Core is playing on the BV11, the M5 is not shown as a selectable product in the "Multiroom" window.
  • In the TV-remote, the "Line-In" from the Core is shown as a selectable source, although it is not in the TV-source list. Other sources are in synch with the TV-list.
  • When I log out of the app and back in again, the placements of my products are reset on the home screen. 

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 708
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 6 2018 7:18 AM
The back button in the Multiroom screen is almost invisible:

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,928
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 6 2018 2:01 PM

mbolo01:
The back button in the Multiroom screen is almost invisible:

On my app there are no back button at all (version 1.9.10)

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 708
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 6 2018 3:04 PM

Hiort:

On my app there are no back button at all (version 1.9.10)

In order to see the back button you must launch the Multiroom from a now playing screen. I have 1.9.10 too.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,928
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Sep 6 2018 8:18 PM
mbolo01:

In order to see the back button you must launch the Multiroom from a now playing screen. I have 1.9.10 too.

Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 10,802
Bronze Member

....and you must look twice - white text on a light grey background is not the best.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

raveny
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
raveny replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 8:20 PM

Can you change the colour of the Eclipse? I’ve changed it for the BeoSound 1 and 2 but that option is not available for the TV

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,928
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Sep 12 2018 6:23 AM
raveny:

Can you change the colour of the Eclipse? I’ve changed it for the BeoSound 1 and 2 but that option is not available for the TV

Probably not. Color option removed for BV11 as well.

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 8:41 AM

I'm upset about the new app-update, the app in general really. The app crashes (iPhoneX) when swiping trough the TV controls, TV controls are stowed in a sub-menu (??), controls itself are layout in a horrible way ui-wise, missing features like speaker selection and some list functions, many doubtful interface choices like huge photo's of products (icons would suffice) and the list goes on.

I'm still loving the Beo4 and One and Essence remotes but app-control is needed at times, this is sup-par at the moment.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 9:04 AM

On the TV remote issue - i agree.

If a BV is selected from the Products tab, then when you touch the black bar at the bottom, it should expand to the TV remote page(s).

It is another example of extra taps / swipes to get to the obvious page .

I don't have app crashing issues with my iPhone X using the TV remote part - though i haven't used it much.

Dyssegaard
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 31
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 10:01 AM
L1NO:

I'm upset about the new app-update, the app in general really. The app crashes (iPhoneX) when swiping trough the TV controls, TV controls are stowed in a sub-menu (??), controls itself are layout in a horrible way ui-wise, missing features like speaker selection and some list functions, many doubtful interface choices like huge photo's of products (icons would suffice) and the list goes on.

I'm still loving the Beo4 and One and Essence remotes but app-control is needed at times, this is sup-par at the moment.

I have also observed that the app crashes when swiping through the TV controls (BV11 and iPhone 7) and I fully agree with your other comments.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Kitchen family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), Apple TV 3, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 100 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 708
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Fri, Sep 14 2018 4:12 PM
Hiort:

Probably not. Color option removed for BV11 as well.

I don’t think we should expect any answers to our questions here as production releases are out before we get feedback on our beta test report.

According to the 1.9.10 prod released 3 days ago, only a subset of products are supporting the color picker .... I’m lucky I selected my M5’s one prior they remove the option for this device Smile

tigerisak
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 72
Bronze Member
tigerisak replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 7:48 AM

Any idea on when Siri Shortcuts will be supported?

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 230
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 9:17 AM

Great response from BeoCare. It's kinda infuriating and missis the mark greatly. It's time to steer away if you'd need future-thinking in your setup : 

Thank you very much for your e-mail.  We agree that if it comes to operation of a television the BeoRemote exceeds the Bang & Olufsen app. However, when it comes to multiroom, configuring products etc the Bang & Olugfsen app exceeds the BeorRemote app by many miles - but that was also what it was meant to do. So it really depends on where your focus is. If you still have the BeoRemote app installed we would recommend you use this app to the television rather than the Bang & Olufsen app.

I have of course forward your comments to the R&D department for their consideration in connection with future deceupdates.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 7:49 PM

About to ask the same question.

Seems as if Shortcuts is seen as a big potential upgrade in iOS12.

Not big into voice myself, but it looks pretty powerful (Siri using Workflow, which is effectively what Shortcuts is).

Had a quick play with the podcast app Overcast, which has just been updated to work with shortcuts. Pretty useful / interesting - for that app alone, the app designer has built in 20 or so commands that Siri can trigger.

Haven't quite worked out whether the one Siri trigger command can set off a chain of action across a set of discrete apps. If that's possible, then great.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
Posts 119
Bronze Member
tph replied on Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:39 PM

Sandyb:

Haven't quite worked out whether the one Siri trigger command can set off a chain of action across a set of discrete apps. If that's possible, then great.

It can. When you make new shortcuts (which can themselves include multiple shortcuts from different apps) in the Shortcuts app, you can add them to Siri to allow them to be triggered by voice. I highly recommend Federico Viticci's review of iOS 12, which has a detailed look into what Shortcuts and Siri can do. For an example of multiple apps working together in a single, Siri-triggered shortcut, check out Morning Routine, which is a bit later in the review.

-- Tuomas // Bang & Olufsen Create

Soren
Not Ranked
Denmark
Posts 60
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Wed, Sep 19 2018 9:40 PM

After updating to iOS 12 the app freezes and looses the connection to my BV11 when I am using the new remote function.... the problem occurs when I am switching between the different remote “sides” 

The old BeoRemote also crashes under iOS 12😳 so maybe that’s the end for that brilliant app 😢

Page 2 of 2 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL