rated by 0 users
This post has 75 Replies | 5 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Bronze Member
MrAndersen Posted: Mon, Aug 27 2018 9:09 PM

Hi everyone

We have a new beta for for you to try out. As you have perhaps already read, we are releasing BeoSound 1 + 2 with Google Voice to the market in the September. This release adds a new setup experience for the Google Voice Assistant products, where you are re-directed to the Google Home app to complete the setup. Furthermore we have ported most of the BeoRemote app into the Bang & Olufsen and you are now able to use the app as a full TV remote. This is supported by all the network link TVs, including the Eclipse. For the eclipse you will be able to use the app for pointer control as well. Note that you need a new TV software for this, this is rolling out this week. One thing to note is that iPad support didn't make the cut for this release and will come later. So sorry for all you iPad users, we have a design ready and will have it out as soon as possible. 

Things to note.

* No changes to the home view layout yet, we are still looking at how to user the extra screen space better as many of you pointed out

* The bug where you loose the personalized order of your products has not yet been found and fixed. We are struggling to reproduce it

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Aug 27 2018 9:23 PM

Marvellous. thanks Thomas.

Seems to work fine with both my BV12-6 and Avant 55 Mk 1, but will report back any issues over the next few days.

The TV remote page(s) would now make much more sense as the Now Playing (expanded black bar) screen - for TV products.

For Music products, the existing Now Playing screen can remain the same as it currently is i guess.

Otherwise, thanks for the update.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,530
Bronze Member

Really grest news for the Eclipse!!!

@mrAndersen...Will ever Apple Music going to  work??

MrAndersen:

Hi everyone

We have a new beta for for you to try out. As you have perhaps already read, we are releasing BeoSound 1 + 2 with Google Voice to the market in the September. This release adds a new setup experience for the Google Voice Assistant products, where you are re-directed to the Google Home app to complete the setup. Furthermore we have ported most of the BeoRemote app into the Bang & Olufsen and you are now able to use the app as a full TV remote. This is supported by all the network link TVs, including the Eclipse. For the eclipse you will be able to use the app for pointer control as well. Note that you need a new TV software for this, this is rolling out this week. One thing to note is that iPad support didn't make the cut for this release and will come later. So sorry for all you iPad users, we have a design ready and will have it out as soon as possible. 

Things to note.

* No changes to the home view layout yet, we are still looking at how to user the extra screen space better as many of you pointed out

* The bug where you loose the personalized order of your products has not yet been found and fixed. We are struggling to reproduce it

Best regards

Thomas Andersen, Bang & Olufsen

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 165
Bronze Member

Hi Thomas.

This is a great start for the TV remote part. I have made a short test and have the following observations:

• When selection a new TV source, the sourcelist (Kilde in Danish) does not contain the following sources:
    - Recordings (Optagelser)
    - Home Media (Mediecenter)
    - Webmedia
  • I'm not able to store new contents in the user defined keys. The first 3 keys can recall what I have already stored on my BV11, and the 4th key is not active (maybe because BV11 only handles 3 user defined kays?)

I still have a few problems from previous versions of the beta which are still present in this version (1.9.9.14656):

• When my BV11/Core combo is selected, it's not possible to select TuneIn on the core via the "Radio" button on the Home Screen. If I use the TV control part, I can select TuneIn on the Core from the TV source list and it will start playing as expected.
  • When I have selected TV-tuner, the TV icon flickers in the "Now playing" window. If Youtube is the selected TV source, there is no flicker in the "Now playing" window.
  • When playing music from my DLNA-server on the BV11/Core combo, there is still problems with missing update of the Cover Art in the "Now playing" window.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Aug 28 2018 1:21 PM
Thomas that is good news for NL BVs

I’ll ask even though I can guess the answer ...

For ML BVs connected via the BLC NL/ML can I perform any new tests / functions ?

BeoNut since '75

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,476
Bronze Member

Since I use my iPad for this, I see no big difference (yet).

Could someone with the iPhone version make a short desciption of what is possible (Dyssegaard already wrote what not).

A couple of screenshots would be nice too.

Just to know what the iPad users may expect, when time comes.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:26 PM

Not sure how helpful these are when considering how they will appear on an iPad, but there you go.

The 3 screens above seem to be a straight port from the old BeoRemote app.

I’ve added 2 more below - intro illustrate functionality and one to show how it is accessed

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,690
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Aug 28 2018 7:35 PM

Nice, it would be perfect if it could come to NL-ML converter connected TVs... Whistle

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,476
Bronze Member

@Sanddyb

Sure, that is helpfull - thanks ;-)

I wonder how long it will take to get the iPad version going.

MM

Kevin Waldron
Not Ranked
Orange County, California
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Hello, how do we access these features from the B&O app? Or is this just for beta testers and not yet released to the public?

Thank you
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Aug 28 2018 11:35 PM

Beta testers.

If you drop Thomas an email (or post a message on this thread to him?) , i'm sure he'll put you on the beta testers list, if you so desire.

I've been on it since the new app launched, and there hasn't been any obvious downside to doing so.

Kevin Waldron
Not Ranked
Orange County, California
Posts 20
Bronze Member
Thank you, I have been a 20 year loyal customer of the brand and would very much like to become a beta tester. Would anyone be able to provide his email address?
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 921
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 3:41 AM
Beta is working great for me.

Remote is a nice feature.

All good on my end!!
MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Bronze Member

@Kevin, please drop me an private forum message and I will add you

@Dyssegaard, we will look into the missing sources. The list comes from the TV so this is a bit odd. Storing for my buttons is coming to the Eclipse today. It is not part of the first release for TVs before that. It will come later for those. We will look into your remaining issues as well

@mbee, supporting masterlink TVs is not on the roadmap, we have to concentrate our efforts on the new products

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 511
Founder

The addition of the remote in the app is excellent!  Well done!!

Karel.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,476
Bronze Member

@Thomas

Any schedule for the iPad release?

MM

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,690
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 29 2018 9:19 PM

MrAndersen:
@mbee, supporting masterlink TVs is not on the roadmap, we have to concentrate our efforts on the new products

Hi Thomas,

I completely understand, but as the code is already working for older master link TVs in the Beoremote app, the so called "effort" seems to just be a copy/paste of the existing code... Cool

Roy
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 11
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Thu, Aug 30 2018 8:31 AM
@Thomas,

The remote TV app is working excellent for the BV Eclipse. Well done.

Roy

Beovision Elclipse 55”, Beolab 8000, Beoplay A6 and M5

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Aug 30 2018 8:40 AM
mbee:

Hi Thomas,

I completely understand, but as the code is already working for older master link TVs in the Beoremote app, the so called "effort" seems to just be a copy/paste of the existing code...

diisign.com

Especially as there are least two of us offering to do the testing Smile

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Aug 30 2018 9:16 AM
elephant:

Especially as there are least two of us offering to do the testing BeoNut since '75

And double especially-o because the old remote consistently crashes ...

BeoNut since '75

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 237
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:26 AM

Can't wait for the release! Wait, are there speaker/sound options? Pray. When is this scheduled? 

ChrisBerlin
Not Ranked
Posts 21
Bronze Member

Is the Horizon also supported?

Because I use several Products in two different buildings I would like have the Possibility of profiles or a quick Profilechanger.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,157
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2018 7:28 AM
I cannot comment on the TV controls enhancements but I’m glad to see that the Moment is back to its nicest face! Big Smile merci

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,356
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Sep 1 2018 10:14 AM

Regarding the TV remote functionality I miss the "LIST" functions.

I would like to be able to access e.g "SPEAKER" and "STAND".

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:47 PM
Any one know if we can change the product pictures ?

Maybe to a picture of the room they are in ?

Or even to the speakers behind the Essence / Core ?

Also what is the “colour picker” option in the App used for ???

BeoNut since '75

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 165
Bronze Member

Hi Thomas,

I have tested version 1.9.9.14817.

TV Remote part:

• Sourcelist now contains all available sources on my BV11/Core integrated setup.
    -> previous problem fixed Big Smile
  • Colour selection does not work for BV11/Core integrated setup. Other products works fine.

Other problems:

• When my BV11/Core combo is selected, it was not possible to select TuneIn on the core via the "Radio" button on the Home Screen.
    -> I have discovered that the BV11/core integrated setup could not handle the folder structure I had setup for the favourites in TuneIn. Only favourites from the "General" folder are handled correctly. Because my "General" folder was empty, it generated error messages in the Core error log (TuneIn: Empty Favourite list" and "Cannot play radio: Empty play queue").
    I have now moved all my TuneIn favourites to the "General" folder. After logging out of the Bang & Olufsen app and back in again, the Radio button now works perfectly fine Big Smile.
    In order to check whether it was the latest version that actually fixed this, I have tested the previous version (1.9.5.14040) on my iPad mini, and now the Radio button also works as expected here!
  • When I have selected TV-tuner, the TV icon flickers in the "Now playing" window. If Youtube is the selected TV source, there is no flicker in the "Now playing" window.
    -> Problem still present.
  • When playing music from my DLNA-server on the BV11/Core combo, there is problems with missing update of the Cover Art in the "Now playing" window.
    -> Problem still present. 

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Family room: Beovision 11-40 / Beosound Core, Beolab 3 (front), Beolab 8000 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 (sub), AppleTV 4K, Chromecast. Bedroom: Beoplay M5. Home office: Beolit 12. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,157
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Sep 1 2018 6:30 PM

elephant:

To choose the color of your product, when product has different colors' choice

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BG 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,476
Bronze Member

mbolo01:

elephant:

Colour picker is nice.

But my two tv’s are hanging on the wall - not placed on a stand.

Maybe at some point we can choose between different options there too.

MM

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
mbolo01:

BS Moment, BS Core, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

Ahh

Well the Core is black, or Black ... so it gives no choice but just jumps back to the previous menu ... not a UI behaviour/ UX that I would choose

BeoNut since '75

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
Posts 315
Gold Member
Fansastic replied on Sun, Sep 2 2018 10:36 AM
Nice to see the colorpicker in the app, please also add pictures for the NL/ML source, such as the BS3000/BS9000. Would be nice to see the BS3000 picture in my multiroom setup again.

Thanks
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,157
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 8:15 AM
elephant:

Ahh

Well the Core is black, or Black ... so it gives no choice but just jumps back to the previous menu ... not a UI behaviour/ UX that I would choose BeoNut since '75

Agreed, the UI behavior when a product has no color option is bumpy ! But they’ll fix that I’m sure Smile

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 210
Bronze Member

Some answers to your feedback

@Hiort: LIST, SPEAKER and STAND are not in this release. We are looking to put in a future one

@elephant: Pictures for the speakers attached to the core is not in this release either. We haven't had time to get all the image assets, this is not likely to happen until later this year

@Dyssegaard: Great :) We have removed the colorpicker for the Core. Coming out in the next release. Sounds good you got the Radio stuff working, I wasn't aware of that complexity. Regarding your other issues they are being looked at the moment, hopefully fixed in the next one as well. 

@Millemissen: We're looking at doing configurations as well, however, the complexity is quite high due to the number of combinations. This is not going to happen short term. 

@elephant: Color picker has been remove for the Core

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,157
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:40 PM
MrAndersen:

Color picker has been remove for the Core

Don’t forget to remove it from the Moment too Wink

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,479
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 12:56 PM
I really hope the image assets include a BV12-65 as an option for the Beosystem 4.

Colour picker is nice

Would love the List / Speaker etc option in the TV remote part

gordongofer
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member

This is probably off topic, but will Alexa support come along at some point?

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 3:06 PM

I am not in the beta programm, anyways I have a question how to have my iTunes/apple music library in the b&o app using on my beosound core. I don't find a way to connect the library with the app.

Thanks a lot,

Stefan

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
Stefan

Where is your iTunes library ?

Most of us have it on a server at home.

In my case the App accesses that server via DLNA; and I have PLEX that then reads the library.

BeoNut since '75

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:00 PM

I have it on my Mac... should I transfer it to a server? I have a apple time capsule... 

Stefan
Not Ranked
Berlin
Posts 19
Bronze Member
Stefan replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 9:01 PM

I have the iTunes lib on my mac. Can transfer it to a Time Capsule (working as a server). If this helps. Thank you, Stefan

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
Posts 1,157
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 10:03 PM
Stefan:

I have the iTunes lib on my mac. Can transfer it to a Time Capsule (working as a server). If this helps. Thank you, Stefan

The app can control a DLNA server such as Plex, Twonky exposing your iTunes managed collection, and it seems you don’t have such DLNA service installed.

In my case the iTunes library resides into a NAS which runs a DLNA server that I can control with the app to stream the music to any of the B&O capable device acting as DLNA renderer.

Page 1 of 2 (76 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL