Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 17 Replies | 2 Followers

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
331 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard posted on Sat, Aug 25 2018 12:52 PM

Hi,

my right BL8000 does not have any sound anymore.

Led turns to green from red when switching on.

The BL8000 is from 1993 Type 6801 I'm the first owner.

I have the service manual, took of the grid and took out the T20 torx screws from the amp modul.

But the modul wont come off , it apears to be glued.

Any idea how to get it out?

Thank's for your help.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,356 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by gerard

"Glued" is about right - it's the goo that used to be the gasket between the module and the pole. It WILL come off simply lifting it, but you will need quite a bit of controlled force. Do not bang it, just keep the force applied and you will see it slowly starting to lift. Work slowly and try to avoid scrathing parts of the pole that will remain visible, as you will probably need to apply some kind of a lever.

For the actual problem, look for broken traces at the edges of the PCB (and anywhere that has been in contact with the disgusting mess that once was the damping foam).

--mika

All Replies

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
331 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sun, Aug 1 2021 11:23 PM
tedg332:

can't figure out how to insert pictures.

When using the iPhone app you can easily use the kamera button to insert pictures from your phone.

Hagen2000
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi to all forum members,

after years of absence I ran into the same problem: Left speaker failing and showing orange light instead of green when turning on the system. I can fully second tedg332's hints about the "gooey mess". And due to this forum repair was easy and straight forward!

Speaker playing fine again. Only questioning if I should open the right speaker too Huh?

jasonkjyap
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

I tried to dismantle amp but apparently my version is 6801 and it has different design where the amp is one piece to the end and holding the LED as shown in picture. Anyone knows how to take this out?

https://imgur.com/a/fBRqOX6

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL