BeoSound 1 & 2 next gen announced!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 72 Replies | 1 Follower

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
523 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Thu, Aug 23 2018 3:06 PM

Petros Belli, Director Audio & Video products just annouced the updates of BeoSound 1 & 2 with Google Assistant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0iETdD7-T/?taken-by=petrosbeli

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0f-rLj_Ge/?taken-by=petrosbeli

Karel.

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,658 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

Would the new Beosound 1 & 2 work when you physically cut off the internal microphones? 

Sure, there is a switch at the buttom for this.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
553 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:
The my buttons are one of the best features in the new generation

I very much share your view. Even explored in the past whether BeoRemote One could work with A9Mk2 to buy it only because of that functionality. 

Even better now that 4 My Buttons are physically locate on the product itself. Winner feature for me.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,414 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Sep 10 2018 11:16 AM

Millemissen:

TWG:

Would the new Beosound 1 & 2 work when you physically cut off the internal microphones? 

MM

Thanks, didn't know that. Is it a physical switch  or just an electronical switch like e.g. on the Alexa speakers?

AnalogPlanet:

TWG:
The my buttons are one of the best features in the new generation

I very much share your view. Even explored in the past whether BeoRemote One could work with A9Mk2 to buy it only because of that functionality. 

Even better now that 4 My Buttons are physically locate on the product itself. Winner feature for me.

Thank you for the hint; I almost forgot about the Beoremote One or Essence Remote use case for the new speakers. Do both remotes work with the 1st generation Beosound 1, too or only with the new Voice assisted Beosound 1?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,658 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

Millemissen:

TWG:

MM

Thanks, didn't know that. Is it a physical switch  or just an electronical switch like e.g. on the Alexa speakers?

A physical one - I was told, at a demo it in Struer lately.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,386 Posts
Bronze Member
I think the my buttons are one of the best features of the Avant. I use it every day. So I’m glad to see it incorporated.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,414 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 6:29 AM

Thank you MM! The possibility of disabling the microphones with a physical switch makes the new BS1 more attractive.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,414 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:07 PM

benoit:

I spoked to a dealer as I’m not interested in the voice assistant and he told e the mk1 will not support the docking station :-(

Let's wait until the new BS1 is out and somebody can test if the docking station really doesn't fit the old BS1, too. Dealers aren't always 100% correct.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,690 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:55 PM

TWG:
Thank you MM! The possibility of disabling the microphones with a physical switch makes the new BS1 more attractive.

A “physical” switch doesn’t mean the microphones are physically disconnected. You have to verify the wiring to be sure of that.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
629 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 5:37 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the "my buttons".  I hadn't thought this through so now I understand their value.  I guess I'm not going to hurry to buy a Mk1 as I never liked having to fumble with my phone to use my Essence.  Once I got a remote for the Essence I use it a lot more.  I guess an Essence remote might provide similar capability for a Mk1 BS2 - i.e. give you a button to press for music vs. phone fumble - similar in cost, too with the Mk2 going ~$250 up in price (about the cost of a wheelie), but then you have 2 pieces instead of one.  

I'm also glad to hear that the microphones can be switched off.  Hopefully, it really switches them off.  Then again, maybe it's part of Google's licensing agreement to not actually physically disable the mics Surprise

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,658 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee:

TWG:

A “physical” switch doesn’t mean the microphones are physically disconnected. You have to verify the wiring to be sure of that.

That is how it is done....I was told.

MM

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
629 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Sep 12 2018 4:19 AM

Let's hope it not a "placebo button":  https://www.cnn.com/style/amp/placebo-buttons-design/index.html

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
713 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone knows whether the dealers have the speakers yet?

andybandy
Top 500 Contributor
93 Posts
Bronze Member

I think this have something about licens to google, because they have the google cast and google voice built in, B&O need to pay google a fee for this. I dont know, but could be a reason. Remember also the aluminium fabric is still located in Struer and the cost of danish worker is rice every year. BS 1 and BS2 is pure aluminium from the aluminium fabric 5 in struer :)  

Page 5 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL