BeoSound 1 & 2 next gen announced!

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 72 Replies | 1 Follower

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
689 Posts
Founder
kuyttendaele posted on Thu, Aug 23 2018 3:06 PM

Petros Belli, Director Audio & Video products just annouced the updates of BeoSound 1 & 2 with Google Assistant:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0iETdD7-T/?taken-by=petrosbeli

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm0f-rLj_Ge/?taken-by=petrosbeli

Karel.

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,285 Posts
Silver Member
It should at least have the option to change it from “Hey Google” to whatever you like.

The Home mini is 65€ and a chromecast audio is 35€. Just jamming it into your product you should ad something that differs it from stock.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,690 Posts
Gold Member
Rob.B:

Micheal, buy my sealed Beosound 1 so I don’t have to worry about old stock 😎

:-). But I already have one of those
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 11:33 AM

steve1977:
Any insights on the price for the new BS1?

The price has gone up: €1,500/£1,250/$1,750

The existing BS1 is £1085. Funny, when I bought mine, I think I picked it up for £995 at launch.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 11:36 AM

Rob.B:

A shame that the current Beosound 1 couldn't be software updated. Feel for the dealers with stock of colours they need to clear.

It would require a lot more than just a software update? There is additional hardware in the new BS1/BS2 which recognises your voice and reacts accordingly - you can't do that via software! There's clearly some kind of microphone added and more.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,690 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey:

It would require a lot more than just a software update? There is additional hardware in the new BS1/BS2 which recognises your voice and reacts accordingly - you can't do that via software! There's clearly some kind of microphone added and more.

Now just to add the ability for these to be used as wireless rear speakers Unsure
Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
111 Posts
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:23 PM

If you like to Google Asissitant and own the old version of the Beosound 1/2 then a Google Home (mini) integrates perfectly. I have a speaker group set up between a GHM and the Beosound. 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,617 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:33 PM

I prefer the older Beosound 1 without the voice functionality. But the charging station is a very nice plus. I know it's been asked but there's no answer yet: Will the charging station be compatible with the older Beosound 1?

The Beosound 1 is simply the most beautiful thing of all their wireless speakers (for me).

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,781 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 3:07 PM
TWG:

I prefer the older Beosound 1 without the voice functionality. But the charging station is a very nice plus. I know it's been asked but there's no answer yet: Will the charging station be compatible with the older Beosound 1?

I very much doubt that.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Beozip
Top 200 Contributor
354 Posts
Bronze Member
Beozip replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 3:35 PM

Here you find 2 pictures from the Dockingstation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/beoplay/with/43296232175/

It looks like that will work fine with the MK I Modell Smile

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,896 Posts
Bronze Member
Is there any word if we’ll get the same color options?
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 4:35 PM

If only......

No Google Assistant product works without saying Hey Google.

Cant quite see how B&O would achieve something different, whilst integrating GA?

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

I was going to ask that question. Isn’t the BS2 £1495 right now, but the “next gen” now £1650 just with the addition of Google Voice?

Due to component costs rising for BS1, BS2, BL50 and Essence remote there’s a price increase effective 1/9/18. This isn’t just because GA has been added.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 6:13 PM

w5bno123:

Due to component costs rising for BS1, BS2, BL50 and Essence remote there’s a price increase effective 1/9/18. This isn’t just because GA has been added.

I think you sort of missed my point a little. I paid £995 for my BS1 - two years on and it's more expensive. Every other manufacturer of tech devices manages to reduce pricing, not increase!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 6:27 PM

Was in Selfridges today - it struck me again how good the A9 is, and while its more expensive and a different proposition to the BS1 / 2, i does strike me as so much better a speaker. 

I've got both the A9 and BS2 for the record.

I wonder if they voice update the A9 - be a real shame if they ditch the model.

**side note, Selfridges were giving 1000 pounds off the 65inch LG W8 (and 2000 off the 77 inch version) , which while hardly still a bargain (6,700 with the discount for the 65), i thought wasn't a bad incentive.  Backed up perhaps what i had been told about the Wallpaper range, in that they are too expensive for the LG demo / base. Please B&O licence the damn thing.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,815 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 7:48 PM

Sandyb:
I wonder if they voice update the A9 - be a real shame if they ditch the model.

Don't forget that the current A9 is already a Chromecast device : if you buy a €50 Google Home Mini and say "ok Google, play XXX on the A9", it will work exactly as if GA was integrated!

Page 3 of 5 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL