Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Can we say the beolab 9 is second best beolab in old beolab?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

danielshen
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
danielshen posted on Thu, Aug 9 2018 9:34 AM

Do you all agree, among the beolab 3, beolab 8000, beolab 5, and beolab 9 these old beolab, can I say the Beolab 9 is ranked in 2nd place - in terms of speaker' s perfornmance, not the shape or style?

What is your thought?

All Replies

danielshen
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

by perfornmance, I mean the sound quality. I think beolab 5 should be definitely the No 1. 

Mikipidia
Top 200 Contributor
360 Posts
Gold Member
If you can only have 2 speakers and no sub, then i would say yes. As a combo i like the bl1’s with a sub better personally of the old b&o rangeBig Smile especially if you take styling and such in to account. The bl9’s are a bit low for my taste and or furnitureStick out tongue but they do sound amazing for the size!

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

chickenceo
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

I have considered upgrade my BL9000 to BL 9, but eventually decided to wait a little longer for the BL5. The design of BL5 is simply amazing IMO.

BL8000, BL10, BL4000, BL2, BL3 (Idle), Beocentre 2, Pioneer LX83 amp, Pioneer plasma TV

davidr
Top 500 Contributor
Montréal
154 Posts
Bronze Member

I'd also say yes but I am tad biased that I own a pair of BL9Whistle

For a full range loudspeaker from B&O there's really only the BL9 and 5 of the 'old' series.

BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
571 Posts
Bronze Member

A yes from me too as a past owner of the BL9s. I considered all the options and chose the 9s. I loved (and still do) the style as well as the performance but a move to a new smaller home made little sense in keeping them. Simon.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL