rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Gold Member
Beocat47 posted on Thu, Aug 9 2018 8:27 AM

Hi All,

I am currently building a house, and I intend to connect a Masterlink system on the upper-floor.  Currently I have allowed for:

NL/MLConverter --> BV7-32(Lounge) -->BL3500(Stairwell)--> BL2000(Bathroom) --> BV6-23(Master Bed)

The BV7-32 is a MKIII model, and has a Humax box attached via HDMI to the DV-I socket, and sound via SCART.  I would like the BV6-23 to display pictures as well as sound from this TV, as well as music from a Moment I have on the lower floor (hence the NL/ML Converter...).  My Electrician has provided power and a Masterlink socket to all the appropriate points in the chain, but despite reading widely on the forum I am uncertain if I need anything else to get the picture from the Humax box/DVD on the BV7-32, to the BV6-23.

I think I may need to run a coax cable from the BV7-32 to the BV6-23, but I'm not sure what else I should install - an RF-amplifier? a Beolink Video box? Something else altogether?!

The builders are moving very quickly now, so I only have a narrow window of time to put in any extra cabling before ceilings and walls go in, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,208 Posts
Gold Member

My BV5 to BV6-23 needed Masterlink plus coaxial. 

Graham

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Gold Member

Thank you for the reply Graham,

I'm glad to hear that it looks like I don't need anything more complex - I'll fit a coax cable over the weekend, but sadly I won't be able to test it until December when the house is complete...

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,257 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Aug 10 2018 8:37 PM

As far as I know, the 7-32 (or any early Beovision) is unable to distribute a digital video input over an RF link, hence co-ax will not do the function that you require.

If your Humax box also has a SCART output you could connect that to the 7-32 as well - this would then be distributed over co-ax.  Alternatively, you may wish to look at additional hdmi cables between the rooms.

To be honest it's probably simpler to add another Humax box to the BV6-23.

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the input Guy.

Yes, I wondered if I might have to move away from the HDMI/DVI connection between the Humax and BV7-32 to the SCART output; whilst I expect this will give a poorer picture quality, I can at least then use a PUC to control the Humax box.

The Masterlink gear upstairs is really just for a bit of fun, since I brought a lot of older B&O stuff from Scotland to Australia last year  - I couldn't bring myself to leave such design classics behind! - so picture quality isn't really an issue.  I hoped to be able to use just the one Humax box which I bought in Australia to drive both TV's, as the boxes I brought from the UK don't work in Queensland (unsurprisingly perhaps, but I was hoping for a miracle...).

I'll try the SCART/Co-ax route, and if the picture quality is too bad I'll just source another Humax box for the BV6-23 as you suggest.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,257 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Aug 11 2018 10:07 AM

I think SCART/co-ax will be fine for the feed to the 6-23.  On such a small screen picture quality should be OK.

On the 7-32, you could probably connect the Humax with both DVI and SCART and then view better picture quality locally as you chose, simply by selecting the appropriate input on the 7-32.

I have recently started using Apple TV4 with my BV6-26 - with a hdmi to DVI converter and an hdmi audio extractor to get the sound.  The picture quality with this is excellent - depending on what you watch you may wish to consider something like this rather than a second Humax.

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Gold Member
Beocat47 replied on Sat, Aug 11 2018 11:06 AM

I actually bought the BV6-23 just prior to emigrating, so it's been in storage, in a container to Australia, then back into storage again for the past 18 months - I've never actually seen a picture on this TV! I'm sure it'll be fine for my purposes though...

You've reminded me I could repurpose an old Apple TV 3 I have for the 6-23.  I did try using this with the BV7-32 and a (very) cheap HDMI audio extractor, but his failed to work - and reminded me not to buy the cheapest converter available.  I may try again with a better brand once I'm up and running.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Shropshire
1,257 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sat, Aug 11 2018 12:32 PM

I use a cheap converter - this one: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00P44HADW/ref=pe_386171_38075861_TE_item

It has the advantage of also removing the hdcp, very useful!

Beocat47
Top 500 Contributor
101 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the recommendation Guy - I'll order one of these and see how it goes...

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL