rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 2 Followers

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC posted on Wed, Aug 8 2018 10:38 PM

Hello, 

I’m still quite new to the BeoWorld, I’m just starting to dip my toes, therefore pardon me in case my questions might sound a bit naive. 

I am currently looking for a pre-loved white BeoPlay V1-40 with the ambition of using it primarily as a wireless speaker for streaming music (Apple Music, Spotify, TuneIn) via Apple devices (both iOS and macOS), for an old audio system via Airport Express, then as a tv player of streamed content (Netflix and NAS). 

Hence my questions. 

1) I thought I had collected all the possible facts about the V1 in the past few weeks, while just today I have stumbled on the information that the WiFi antenna was an option! 😳

What if it is not included? Should I look for the OE Tyco antenna? If yes, any suggestion on where I can find it and estimated cost? If not, is there any alternate option you may suggest? Which 802.11 standard is complying to? Single or dual band?

2) I would like to add the 4K Apple TV, even though I am aware I will not benefit of the 4K and HDR features. 

Would it still fit on the recessed rear channel? Would it work also as a WiFi receiver for the TV (then making the Tyco antenna unnecessary)? How can I control music streaming from old hi-fi+AE, speakers on and video turned off? Would casual gaming via A-TV have the same lag experienced with game consoles? 

3) In case of future wireless audio expansion what would you suggest? Would it be possible to connect BeoPlay A6 or A9? 

Well, while re-reading my post I have noticed that I have collected a fair amount of doubts, so I hope you Gentlemen can help to clarify at least some of them. 

Thank you! 

OlivierC

All Replies

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Everyone, 

thank you for the great feedback you are providing! 

Hereunder some pics showing how I have arranged the wires on the back lid. 

Maybe I am still doing something wrong as it is not perfectly closing. 

About the YouTube app, my feeling is that it is crashing because of some SW issue, not because of poor wifi connection. BTW I don't have high hopes for some bug fixes in the future. 

MM, I have been able to launch the video streaming from my iOS YouTube app but I'm not sure it works when the tv is in stand by. Is there any tv setting I should check?

I take the chance thank you for the hints on how to change the Beo4 button from Deezer to TuneIn, I will try as soon as I'll have time later this week. 

Cheers. 

Olivier

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Everyone, 

thank you for the great feedback you are providing! 

Hereunder some pics showing how I have arranged the wires on the back lid. 

Maybe I am still doing something wrong as it is not perfectly closing. 

About the YouTube app, my feeling is that it is crashing because of some SW issue, not because of poor wifi connection. BTW I don't have high hopes for some bug fixes in the future. 

MM, I have been able to launch the video streaming from my iOS YouTube app but I'm not sure it works when the tv is in stand by. Is there any tv setting I should check?

I take the chance thank you for the hints on how to change the Beo4 button from Deezer to TuneIn, I will try as soon as I'll have time later this week. 

Cheers. 

Olivier

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post, sorry. 

Please remove one, thanks! 

Olivier

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

OlivierC:

Have you made a quick start timer - or more?

The V1 must be visible on the network for this to work.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:06 PM

Hi MM, I have now found the correct setting in the menu where I can select to have a different power consumption stand by mode. 

This selection can be adjusted for specific days/times and it allows a sort of wake up mode from external sources, such as YouTube app from the smartphone. 

Great advice, thank you! 

Olivier

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

Just ask if not all of your questions are answered yet!

MM

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 10:31 PM

Last item, then thanks to the help of you BeoWorlders I have set everything, I swear!

Hereunder my current source list: 

Source List

TV Tuner —> TV

Radio —> Radio

Homemedia —> H.Media

Webmedia —> DTV

Netradio —> N.Radio

YouTube —> YouTube

Deezer —> 

Apple TV —> Apple TV

Hereunder would I’d like to have: 

Plan A)

Source List

TV Tuner —> TV

Radio —> Radio

Homemedia —> H.Media

Webmedia —> DTV

Netradio —> N.Radio

YouTube —> YouTube

TuneIn —> A.Mem

Apple TV —> Apple TV

The scope is to switch to the TuneIn app with the press of one button only. 

Plan B) 

If not possible ,switching to TuneIn via the List button of the Beo4 would be an acceptable alternative option. 

Thank you! 

Olivier

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

Well - A.Mem is a one button action, isn’t it?

By the way - does your tv provider offer radio programmes on your cable/antenna?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

Hmmmm - where does your TuneIn come from?

MM

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 11:05 PM

Yes, you are correct. I have both Radio and NetRadio options but I just wanted to learn how to configure Sources and Beo4. 

Today is TuneIn embedded app, maybe tomorrow will be a different source. :-)

Is there a way to set TuneIn app with the A.Mem button?

Cheers. 

Olivier

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

Oh well, you have TuneIn as an app in the Webmedia section.

No, that is not possible.

But why, oh why do you need that - you already have two radio functions....ready for ‘one-button-action’.

What could you possibly find on TuneIn, that you can’t find on the Netradio of the tv?

MM

OlivierC
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
OlivierC replied on Tue, Sep 25 2018 11:26 PM

I just wanted to learn how to configure A.Mem to something different than Deezer. 

MM, thank you for all your valuable support

Olivier

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
10,896 Posts
Bronze Member

OlivierC:

I just wanted to learn how to configure A.Mem to something different than Deezer. 

Olivier

You can - just free it from Deezer (set Deezer to none or something else) and you can assign A.Mem to what you like.....

.....just not to an integrated app - only the sources of the tv.

MM

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL