Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Used Beovision 11-46, looking for opinions please

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 2 Followers

JulianJ
Not Ranked
60 Posts
Bronze Member
JulianJ posted on Tue, Aug 7 2018 2:09 PM

Dear All,

I'm considering upgrading my trusty Beovision 5, which has served me well for many years! The BV5 is part of a Masterlink system connected to a number of active and passive link amps, a Beosound 9000, and an Overture. I have Beolab 8000's and 6000's for the TV surround speakers. I would like to retain all my current equipment which dates from the mid 1990's

There are quite a few 11-46's available second hand, priced from 3500 ukp upwards. I've searched this forum for information & most threads are dated around 2013 when the set was new, with the general consensus being very good. I'm sure it would be quite a step up from my current BV5 plasma, featuring SCART sockets and SD picture quality!

One issue I have with the BV5, when listening to music from a link source, there is an audible delay in the BV5 sound reproduction (this was well documented back in the days).

Will I experience the same audio delay with the BV 11?

Is the BV11 'optional' HDD preferable over a third party option?

Is the BV11 compatible with the latest Apple TV?

What is the general opinion on the BV11 now it is 5+ years old? 

Is it fair to assume my existing B&O collection is readily compatible with the newer technology?

What considerations should I have when choosing a used BV11?

Thank you in advance for any advice or opinions!

Kind regards to all,

Julian

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Sep 11 2018 11:24 AM
JulianJ:

I have decided against purchasing an ML/NL converter at present

Good decision.

I feel you’ll start looking towards more NL products ... so better to invest in the future.

BeoNut since '75

gizze
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member
gizze replied on Wed, Sep 12 2018 4:45 PM

It is interesting reading this thread as I had been trying to do a deal on a 11-40 recently, but the owner has decided he is sticking with it. 

Reading the reviews and the calibrated results it is actually a really, really good performing LCD display even compared with todays models. It always looked good in the showroom, but you can never really tell in a showroom, but seeing the review measurements you know it is not going to fall apart image wise when you get it in your front room with the lights down low. 

6000:1 ansi contrast and black level measured at 0.02 cd/m2 is beating most 2018 displays. That is beating the lastest Samsung QLED displays and the Sony FALD XF90. 

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,415 Posts
Bronze Member

Congrats for the last danish set (mk2).

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL