rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 96 Replies | 3 Followers

beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
beobeta posted on Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:49 PM

Hello BeoWorld,

We are starting up beta testing of AirPlay2 this month. This includes following products:

• BeoPlay A9 2nd Gen
  • BeoPlay A6
  • BeoSound Essence 2nd Gen
  • BeoSound 35
  • BeoSound 1
  • BeoSound 2
  • Beoplay M5
  • Beoplay M3
  • BeoSound Core
  • BeoSound Shape

To sign up, we will require that you provide feedback on any issues that your might find.

If you would like to participate, please send a mail to  beta@bang-olufsen.dk with your product serial number (8 digit), full name and e-mail address. 

Disclamer: We might decline you as beta tester if no feedback is provided for long time or we have enough beta testers enrolled.

Best regards 

B&O Beta Community team 

(Privacy policy for B&O: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/privacy-policy)

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
395 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

My A6 and BS1 has just been updated, and now appear as a selectable Airplay2 device from my iPhone.

They appear with the same name that I have given them in the B&O App,

Sound fully in sync.

Possible to adjust either device volume or use a slider that adjust all devices simultaneous.

If I play over an ATV that is connected to my BV11 together with e.g BS1 the sound is not in sync.

Thanks for this. I presume it is single rather than multi source control? Ie same songs in different rooms?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,970 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 9 2018 3:32 PM
vlohjr1:

Thanks for this. I presume it is single rather than multi source control? Ie same songs in different rooms?

Yes, correct.

Same song in different rooms using e.g iPhones controls.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
I selected 3 sources as shown below. All were in standby mode. Pleasantly the ATV activated the BV on selection. The Essence and Core only activated when I pressed play.

There was a pause of seconds while the protesters bar stayed at 0 seconds.

Then it started moving.

However no sound came anywhere!

I verified I do have the required betas.

I have put everything back to standby and I’ll test again; I started the test at 6am, and I’ll wait until everyone is awake before playing with volumes, doing power recycling, selecting the ATV as the driver, adding the HomePod (the Guest below), and also using it as a source.

Coincidentally in my inbox this morning was an offer from Google to buy their Max speaker - must have just arrived in AU.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Now here’s the puzzle .... this time the ATV did not switch on the ATV however the BLs did so no power recycling required. And I added the HomePod to the mix, and so I was controlling volume individually or en mass across the four sets of speakers.

No glitches, but I forgot to listen for lag through the ATV.

I am now tempted to replace the 2nd ATV on the BV8-32 so I could add the fifth set of speakers. But I am holding out for Apple’s Thanksgiving product rush and hoping to see a new generation ATV.

I do wish B&O would improve the experience with the BLC NL/ML as well, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I hope I shall get a chance to do more in-depth testing on the weekend !

Exciting times Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

steve1977
Top 150 Contributor
579 Posts
Bronze Member
Did you get an email confirmation that you’ve been accepted to the beta? i wrote an email a few days ago, but never heard back.
elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
steve1977:

Did you get an email confirmation that you’ve been accepted to the beta? i wrote an email a few days ago, but never heard back.

Sorry, yes I did.

Mine arrived 12 hours ago.

IE it was seemingly sent around midday in Struer on Thursday.

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Okay I’m getting some anomalous results from different parts of the system I have.

It may be that earlier experimentation between the Apple TV and the Apple HomePod around use of AirPlay2 has scrambled things within the Apple playground.

So I have just done a reset of my 3G ATV ... also it or it’s BV8-40 are also being very temperamental this morning.

Anyway the ATV reboot has improved things.

Big Smile

Let the testing resume !

🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊 🔊

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
I have done two combo tests with the ATV as a source, and the HomePod as a source; that just leaves me to test iTunes on the various Macs.

What I have observed, and it is quite noticeable, is that the BV8-40 lags the Essence and the Core. That is the delay is inside the BV8 (my rudimentary analysing) — if the BV8 was an Eclipse receiving an AP2 stream it might be in synch !

This particularly surprised me with the ATV as the source - I expected the ATV’s HDMI cable to be ahead of the AP2 stream and the processing inside the Essence and the Core !

Screen shots of both sources at work ....

ATV as source

HomePod as source

BeoNut since '75

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
472 Posts
Bronze Member

Big thanks for this insight and all pics elephant! Could you be so kind to confirm my two assuptions: a) if Homepod is set to be in (for example) Corridor and I say “play music in Living Room” while A9 being mapped in the living room - then only A9 will play? And b) in such case Homepod will be streaming source so my iPhone will not drain its battery and it actually does not to be on the WIFI at all?

The reason I’m asking is that I’d like to play music only on B&O Airplay2 devices while Homepod would be only the listening device/microphone and streaming unit. Thanks again. :)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,970 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Aug 10 2018 7:57 AM

elephant:

What I have observed, and it is quite noticeable, is that the BV8-40 lags the Essence and the Core. That is the delay is inside the BV8 (my rudimentary analysing) — if the BV8 was an Eclipse receiving an AP2 stream it might be in synch !

I notice that if I have ATV as source (connected to BV11) sound is not in sync if I add e.g my BS1.

If I do the same thing with an ATV I have connected to a non B&O TV (with sound over surround receiver) and add e.g my BS1, sound is in sync.

So the Beovisions add delay in their sound processing.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
11,049 Posts
Bronze Member

Now we see that it is meaningfull to do some beta testing, before a general B&O release is done.

A lot of the B&O owners wil have and use the combo BV/ATV4 for music.

This is more complicated than setting up ATV2 with a couple of compatible speakers

I hope the testing helps the guys in Struer....and I would gladly participate, when I am home from my journey (currently in warm/hot Nueremberg in Germany).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Hiort:

I notice that if I have ATV as source (connected to BV11) sound is not in sync if I add e.g my BS1.

If I do the same thing with an ATV I have connected to a non B&O TV (with sound over surround receiver) and add e.g my BS1, sound is in sync.

So the Beovisions add delay in their sound processing.

Yes - thumbs up for your analysis

No - thumbs down for pesky BeoVisions !

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
Progress by other brands on the AP2 front

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/08/09/denon-marantz-airplay-2-support/

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,184 Posts
Founder
AnalogPlanet:

Big thanks for this insight and all pics elephant! Could you be so kind to confirm my two assuptions: a) if Homepod is set to be in (for example) Corridor and I say “play music in Living Room” while A9 being mapped in the living room - then only A9 will play? And b) in such case Homepod will be streaming source so my iPhone will not drain its battery and it actually does not to be on the WIFI at all?

The reason I’m asking is that I’d like to play music only on B&O Airplay2 devices while Homepod would be only the listening device/microphone and streaming unit. Thanks again. :)

I’ll get back to you

BeoNut since '75

Page 3 of 7 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL