rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 96 Replies | 3 Followers

beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
beobeta posted on Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:49 PM

Hello BeoWorld,

We are starting up beta testing of AirPlay2 this month. This includes following products:

• BeoPlay A9 2nd Gen
  • BeoPlay A6
  • BeoSound Essence 2nd Gen
  • BeoSound 35
  • BeoSound 1
  • BeoSound 2
  • Beoplay M5
  • Beoplay M3
  • BeoSound Core
  • BeoSound Shape

To sign up, we will require that you provide feedback on any issues that your might find.

If you would like to participate, please send a mail to  beta@bang-olufsen.dk with your product serial number (8 digit), full name and e-mail address. 

Disclamer: We might decline you as beta tester if no feedback is provided for long time or we have enough beta testers enrolled.

Best regards 

B&O Beta Community team 

(Privacy policy for B&O: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/privacy-policy)

All Replies

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member
that’s helpful context and makes my libratone question less relevant. i won’t buy a sonos for various reasons. and both don’t even have battery powered speakers. so, fair to wait what the next months will bring in terms of airplay-2. i’m using it with two ATVs and it works very well and is worth waiting for.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,429 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Aug 8 2018 7:45 AM
Aussie Michael:

I think it's good B&O are targeting enthusiasts - many of us who have many unique use cases for some beta testing.

lol.. either sign up or don't.

I agree completely.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Aussie Michael:

I think it's good B&O are targeting enthusiasts - many of us who have many unique use cases for some beta testing. 

I’d gladly sign up.

But since I’ll mostly be away from home the next two weeks, I’ll wait.......untill I am able to send the feedback from my setup.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Wed, Aug 8 2018 5:06 PM

mbee:

So before claiming that "other brands already have it", one should see what's happening on the other brands...

sorry for NOT checking again Libratone's website before posting, just amazon. but as you wrote, they advertised it end of june and in july. i noticed it at amazon at that time and checked Libratone's homepage where it WAS advertised. and it still is advertised on amazon.

anyway, i find it poor from B&O to announce airplay 2 for august and then just do a beta-test with a restricted amount of testers. they had an have with other products and features no inhibition to use the consumers as beta-testers.

outside of that, Mrs Lincoln, i still enjoy the play Smile

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 8 2018 5:30 PM

Just to give the truth again: after pre launch announcements saying that B&O will be one of the very first brands to support Airplay 2, B&O advertised for a release somewhere in September, not August. So depending on the beta stability, they could be on time.

Libratone advertised for an availability at the launch (beginning of June), then for something around the 22 June, then sometimes in September... so I don’t see where Libratone is better, I think that all the brands are struggling with this new API.

@steve1977: I only know 2 airplay (2) battery-powered speakers: Beosound 1 and Libratone Zipp. That’s quite strange considering all the Bluetooth battery-powered speakers around, Airplay 2 might be a niche market after all.

beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Andy,

Yes, target is that Eclipse will get AirPlay2 support as well Thumbs Up.

However, we are going to start with beta test releases to the audio products.

Best regards

B&O Beta team

beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello again,

We have received many sign-ups and thanks for this.

All feedback from the beta program will be taken serious. Beta testers will get link to a reporting page for feedback. 

Communication with the beta testers will be taken up directly via emails.

Best regards

B&O Beta team

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
993 Posts
Bronze Member
Does B&O stand for Beta & Olufsen ?

Big Smile
StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
993 Posts
Bronze Member
Aussie Michael:

Enthusiasts seem to be a dying breed, sadly.
poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
300 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee:

Just to give the truth again: after pre launch announcements saying that B&O will be one of the very first brands to support Airplay 2, B&O advertised for a release somewhere in September, not August. So depending on the beta stability, they could be on time.

Fair point. I am sure it will be one of the very first brands to support Airplay 2, particularly on the BeoApp. So where are you placing how much currency on beta stability prior to release? Will Airplay 2 end up requiring versions II or III of current products? At what point do you quit relying on B&O "promises" to guide or influence buying decisions? And, if you end up disappointed, will you be confident that B&O will get your own product right? It is all about probabilities and trust at the end of the day, isn't it? 

"When the sleigh is heavy

And the timber wolves are getting bold

You look at your companions

And test the water of their friendship

With your toe

They significantly edge

Closer to the gold

Each man has his price Bob

And yours was pretty low"   Roger Waters "Too much Rope"

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member
Previous airplay bugs in b&o problems were largely HW and not SW based. Previous generations of B&O included only wifi with standard N (2.4) or even G, which wasn’t good enough for proper airplay implementation. i’m not aware of any single wifi G device from other manufacturer that managed a stable airplay connection.

i believe most (all?) current b&o devices include wifi AC. at least the ones like BS1&2 or A9 that support airplay-2. so, the HW is no longer the issue and i have some confidence b&o will get the SW right. ultimately it’s just a streaming protocol.

so, let me transport some confidence that it will actually work this time and we’ll have properly functioning airplay-2 devices soon.

only Q how long it will take and it seems others are slow too, so there aren’t even other choices.
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Just don’t release anything similar to the Beolit 12. Telling customer to buy a new WiFi-router is just lame.
beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear all,

AirPlay2 has now been released to selected beta testers.

Those of you which have not received an email has not been selected.

We will keep your sign-up request for future when we are ready to enlist more beta testers.

Best regards

B&O Beta team

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member
I am sure a lot of those, who can not participate or were not selected, would like to hear about the first impressions of the beta testers. Maybe this thread could be the place for this kind of feedback.... .....rather than for discussing pros and cons of AirPlay2 and alike. MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,595 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 9 2018 1:58 PM

My A6 and BS1 has just been updated, and now appear as a selectable Airplay2 device from my iPhone.

They appear with the same name that I have given them in the B&O App, 

Sound fully in sync. 

Possible to adjust either device volume or use a slider that adjust all devices simultaneous.

If I play over an ATV that is connected to my BV11 together with e.g BS1 the sound is not in sync.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 2 of 7 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL