rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 96 Replies | 3 Followers

beobeta
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
beobeta posted on Mon, Aug 6 2018 10:49 PM

Hello BeoWorld,

We are starting up beta testing of AirPlay2 this month. This includes following products:

• BeoPlay A9 2nd Gen
  • BeoPlay A6
  • BeoSound Essence 2nd Gen
  • BeoSound 35
  • BeoSound 1
  • BeoSound 2
  • Beoplay M5
  • Beoplay M3
  • BeoSound Core
  • BeoSound Shape

To sign up, we will require that you provide feedback on any issues that your might find.

If you would like to participate, please send a mail to  beta@bang-olufsen.dk with your product serial number (8 digit), full name and e-mail address. 

Disclamer: We might decline you as beta tester if no feedback is provided for long time or we have enough beta testers enrolled.

Best regards 

B&O Beta Community team 

(Privacy policy for B&O: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/privacy-policy)

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
I thought all released products was beta?

At least the feedback I give on those you don’t care about.
Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,911 Posts
Gold Member

Hello beobeta (Lyle and team),

Welcome to BeoWorld!  It is good to have representatives from B&O in Struer participating in this forum, I know that many members have been wanting to pass product feedback to you and your colleagues at the factory for some time.

Can BeoWorld members contact you with feedback for all issues relating to current B&O products?  If not, can you provide alternative contact details for your colleagues who can be contacted with any other product feedback?

I would encourage you and your team to take as active a part in this forum as you are able - it is a superb way to get involved in the Worldwide community of B&O users and enthusiasts.  The members of this site include thousands of B&O's longest-standing and most loyal customers, who have a huge amount of insight into the way that your products, service and direction are impacting on your customer base.

You may be interested to take a look through some of the recent threads in the forum - I think many members would join me in encouraging you and your colleagues to add your responses to questions and comments that have been raised.

I look forward to joining you in future online discussions!

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
A bit more constructive comment than mine, Steve Big Smile

Thank you for clearifying Smile
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
192 Posts
Gold Member
Will the Eclipse be getting AirPlay 2 support?
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 11:04 AM

andy_js:
Will the Eclipse be getting AirPlay 2 support?

I have a sneaky feeling BeoBeta isn't a proactive person who will enter in to forum debates Big Smile If you guys want to sign up, follow the instructions above.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 1:06 PM

I'll sign for the beta program, but I have to confess that this way of saying "no feedback=no software" is a bit rude in a forum where most of the people sent feedback about software issues to B&O and never got any reply.

In my case, Beocare said that they were aware of a software bug that makes some tunein radio stations unavailable (because of a change in the streaming module of their software) and the 20th of February they sent their last mail to say that they were thinking that a software update will correct this "in the future"...

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
leogoeswild:

A bit more constructive comment than mine, Steve

Thank you for clearifying

Yes a great post(Ive) post Steve Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:26 PM

Update in progress on my A9...

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:34 PM

False alert! I installed 1.17.24101.118790503 which seems to be a general update without any Airplay 2 feature!

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Tue, Aug 7 2018 9:57 PM

tha beta-crap is ridiculous and makes me angry! airplay 2 was announced for august, other brands already have it... just poor. there are already so many beta-testers for the, let‘s say boring, b&o-app; why can‘t it be tested with them (i‘m already in).

i was about to get a beosound 1 for the garden but go in that case for a libratone. really really poor. btw: the homepod is pretty good

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
300 Posts
Bronze Member

"the beta-crap is ridiculous and makes me angry! airplay 2 was announced for august, other brands already have it... just poor. there are already so many beta-testers for the, let‘s say boring, b&o-app; why can‘t it be tested with them (i‘m already in)."

Outside of that, Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

I do like the innovation of crowdsourcing your tech R&D for free. Did B&O learn that from Nova Nordisk?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,536 Posts
Bronze Member

I think it's good B&O are targeting enthusiasts - many of us who have many unique use cases for some beta testing. 

lol.. either sign up or don't.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
815 Posts
Bronze Member
egges:

tha beta-crap is ridiculous and makes me angry! airplay 2 was announced for august, other brands already have it... just poor. there are already so many beta-testers for the, let‘s say boring, b&o-app; why can‘t it be tested with them (i‘m already in).

i was about to get a beosound 1 for the garden but go in that case for a libratone. really really poor. btw: the homepod is pretty good

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Which libratone did you go with for the garden? i was also thinking of a second BS1 for the garden, but have doubts whether airplay-2 will be stable given b&o airplay history (or even released). i also have some worries whether it is powerful enough as garden speaker. unfortunately, i don’t have a plug in the garden, so the BS2 is not an option.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 8 2018 7:06 AM

Just to give you the truth : Currently, I think there is just one brand appart Apple which has finalized its Airplay 2 update: Sonos.

Libratone was advertising end of June, and finally it should come in mid september (I had a Zipp CPH until now and I can tell you: no sign of any Airplay 2 compatibility. B&W (which can be directly compared to Beoplay in terms of pricing and performance has announced that there won't be any compatibility for any of their portable products. 

So before claiming that "other brands already have it", one should see what's happening on the other brands...

Page 1 of 7 (97 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL