Beolab 2000 Line In cable ?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Jan_Jacobsen
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member
Jan_Jacobsen posted on Sun, Aug 5 2018 12:45 PM

I want to connect a Beolab 2000 with a non B&O product via a line in.
I know I can buy the cable - but I want to make it myself.
What is the connection diagram for that cabel ??

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,219 Posts
Founder
Try here https://www.beoworld.org/beotech/

BeoNut since '75

Jan_Jacobsen
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member

Not to be found there ... :(

Jan_Jacobsen
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Silver Member

Yes and no -

there is somthing special about the cabel for Beolab 2000 different from Beolab 3500

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
2,581 Posts
Gold Member
Guy replied on Sun, Aug 5 2018 1:51 PM

There's a pinout diagram in the service manual here: https://www.beoworld.org/manuals_view.asp?pid=372

Then I think you simply put it in TESTMODE 03 to open up the signal path, as explained in the manual.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,143 Posts
Gold Member

Jan_Jacobsen:

Yes and no -

there is somthing special about the cabel for Beolab 2000 different from Beolab 3500

Hi,

I am sorry but the Beolab 2000 cable is no longer available.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
881 Posts
Gold Member
I picked up a pre-owned BL2000 from my dealer for a very good price. Added Steve’s cable and an iPhone dock and now have a great stand alone speaker system for our hobby room. Great sound from such a small footprint.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sun, Sep 2 2018 7:44 PM

I just recently bought the cable from Steve, very happy with the results. Turns an unused BL2000 into quite a good sounding little shelf system. Sounds better than my Beolit 15 I was using for that duty. I actually have two BL2000s, thinking of eventually getting another cable so I can setup two rooms, plus I have a little Blue Tooth receiver, if it works as well as it should, I'll have a BT enabled room system.

I think the cable is well worth the money, and the BL2000 is an underappreciated gem.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
1,129 Posts
Founder
h1npw replied on Sun, Sep 2 2018 11:03 PM

Well blow me! I didn't know such a cable existed which is why I sold my 2000 about a year ago for next to nothing... I remember a thread from a while back where you where struggling to come up with a solution Steve.

i shall have to keep my eyes peeled for a 2000 for the sort of momey I sold mine for!

Cheers

Nigel

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,143 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Nigel,

I am sorry but the Beolab 2000 cable is no longer available.

I have been surprised at just how many people are re-purposing their Beolab 3500 speakers as stand-alone music systems.

It is worth noting that you will need a B&O remote (eg. Beolink 1000 or Beo4) to activate the speaker before use.

There are versions of the cable to work with LCS9000, Beolab 3500 mk.1 and mk.2 speakers to connect an iPod, phone, bluetooth receiver, Chromecast Audio, Airport Express or similar music players.

Please feel free to get in touch via my sponsor link below for more details.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,402 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 7:26 AM

The cable option is very good and works super well but one has to remember that the unit won't go louder than the default switch on level plus you will have to press a couple of buttons to start the unit. If you want the unit for background music or normal level then the cable is spot on. If you want to turn up loud you won't be able to. I  therefore use a Beolink Converter 1611 connected to my Beolab 3500, I just have to press one button and can control the volume, bass, treble volume with the remote. Unfortunately the 1611 is rather hard to come by. The cable is the quickest and cheapest option even though there are drawbacks. 

BenSA
Top 75 Contributor
Durban, South Africa
1,402 Posts
Bronze Member
BenSA replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 7:26 AM

The cable option is very good and works super well but one has to remember that the unit won't go louder than the default switch on level plus you will have to press a couple of buttons to start the unit. If you want the unit for background music or normal level then the cable is spot on. If you want to turn up loud you won't be able to. I  therefore use a Beolink Converter 1611 connected to my Beolab 3500, I just have to press one button and can control the volume, bass, treble volume with the remote. Unfortunately the 1611 is rather hard to come by. The cable is the quickest and cheapest option even though there are drawbacks. 

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
1,129 Posts
Founder
h1npw replied on Mon, Sep 3 2018 11:21 PM

Why won't it go loud Steve?

Cheers

Nigel

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
2,143 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Nigel,

I am sorry but the Beolab 2000 cable is not available any longer.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL