Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Optical sound from Samsung TV to BS Core

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Renesigk
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Renesigk posted on Sun, Aug 5 2018 9:43 AM

Hi

Just got myself a Beosound Core to play music though and to use as sound from my Samsung television. Beolab 14 as speekers. 

Music though Spotify works great, but I just can´t get any sound from my TV no matter what I do.

What I have done and tried: Optical cable connected from the TV to the Core. Light i the cable works, so there is "power" in the connection and should work. From the B&O app I have set the Core to play from optical, but that just gives a silent buzz. TV´s speakermode has been set to both internal speaker and external with no result and I have updated the TV´s firmware just to be sure that wasn´t the issue.

I have even tried with a cable with a jack end and an optical, since I ealier had a small set of computerspeakers connected from the jack. Still no sound.

TV: Samsung LE40C755

Anyone who knows what the probleme might be? 

Kind regards, René

All Replies

Renesigk
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Dividr

I am getting to the same conclusion. It should auto-select the latest sound-input and therefore should play without problems. I can manually force the Core to play for variuos sources, including optical, but that doensn´t help in my case. 

Back to the store! Thank you everybody for your help. Don´t think there can be done much more at this point. Just to hope that the Bang and Olufsen-dudes can fix it or change my Core.

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Oct 4 2018 9:25 PM

Do you have an update? Is your set-up working?

I’m curious how the volume control works

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
My Samsung frame is connected to my Core through the optical link. I control the volume with an Essence remote as well as the selection of other sources. All works fine, you just need to be careful when changing source to remember the difference in volume level, TV is significantly lower than TuneIn for example.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Michaelhandersen
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Did you find a Solution on this problem I have the same issue?

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Michaelhandersen:

Did you find a Solution on this problem I have the same issue?

Not sure if it helps, but I just found that if you used Chromecast on the Core prior to sending the Samsung TV sound via optical, when detecting the optical signal, the Core will stop CC but will not switch to Optical like it does with other sources. You have to set the optical source on the Core via the B&O App.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Michaelhandersen
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanxx, do you have a setup that works optical sound from Samsung TV to BeoSound Core?

How do you set the optical source om the core via the app. Dont see any special activation or feature that can switch

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
Michaelhandersen:

do you have a setup that works optical sound from Samsung TV to BeoSound Core?

I have a Samsung Frame connected to the Core optical In (beware of not connecting the TV to the Core optical out).

I have an Essence remote controlling the Core volume (Frame volume is anyway not controllable when optical out is used)

I have Core optical in delay off to preserve image/sound sync.

When a new source is activated in the Core, it is supposed to switch to it, stopping any previously running source, this is valid for optical in too and does not need any particular setup.

I noticed that when CC is running, switching to optical in does not behave as expected, i.e CC is stopped but Optical In source is not selected, so it could also be the case with Spotify.

I this case I have to open the Core Now playing screen, tap the “...” button and select the Optical source.

Here is my Core setup (in French):

TomConstant87
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

Bonjour, 

Je me permets de profiter de votre connaissance du Core.

J’ai récemment acquis deux beolab 18 et un BS Core. Les deux beolab sont reliées entre elle par un câble RJ 45 Cat 6 et un câble RJ 45 Cat 7 part d’une beolab 18 vers le Core.

Mon but étant de connecter le core à mon écran Samsung UHD 75, j’ai procédé à l’achat d’un câble optique partant de la Tv au Core. Ce câble ayant deux sorties optique, j’en ai donc déduit que ça ne pouvait pas fonctionner sur le Core car l’entre optique est en fait une sortie (Out). J’ai donc acheté un adaptateur mini jack pour le câble optique que j’ai branché sur  Line-in/optical. 

Une fois la sortie audio mise sur optique au niveau de la Tv, le son sors bien mais je n’ai pas moyen de le contrôler depuis l’application BO.

Est ce que j’ai adopté la bonne démarche ? Est ce le bon branchement ? Quelles sont les solutions ?. Pouvons nous échanger par Whats app ?

merci d’avance  

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,012 Posts
Bronze Member
TomConstant87:

Une fois la sortie audio mise sur optique au niveau de la Tv, le son sors bien mais je n’ai pas moyen de le contrôler depuis l’application BO.

C’est un paramétrage à faire au niveau du line-In dans la configuration du Core qui permet de contrôler le volume depuis l’application ou une télécommande B&O (j’ai une Essence remote pour ça et c’est top).

Je n’ai pas accès à mon Core pour le moment. Je ne peux donc pas vous donner de détails, mais c’est assez intuitif au niveau de la configuration.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL