Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Optical sound from Samsung TV to BS Core

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Renesigk
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
Renesigk posted on Sun, Aug 5 2018 9:43 AM

Hi

Just got myself a Beosound Core to play music though and to use as sound from my Samsung television. Beolab 14 as speekers. 

Music though Spotify works great, but I just can´t get any sound from my TV no matter what I do.

What I have done and tried: Optical cable connected from the TV to the Core. Light i the cable works, so there is "power" in the connection and should work. From the B&O app I have set the Core to play from optical, but that just gives a silent buzz. TV´s speakermode has been set to both internal speaker and external with no result and I have updated the TV´s firmware just to be sure that wasn´t the issue.

I have even tried with a cable with a jack end and an optical, since I ealier had a small set of computerspeakers connected from the jack. Still no sound.

TV: Samsung LE40C755

Anyone who knows what the probleme might be? 

Kind regards, René

All Replies

Renesigk
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Dividr

I am getting to the same conclusion. It should auto-select the latest sound-input and therefore should play without problems. I can manually force the Core to play for variuos sources, including optical, but that doensn´t help in my case. 

Back to the store! Thank you everybody for your help. Don´t think there can be done much more at this point. Just to hope that the Bang and Olufsen-dudes can fix it or change my Core.

Page 2 of 2 (16 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL