rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

JensT
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT posted on Fri, Aug 3 2018 4:13 PM

Hi,

Need some help on how to connect a non B&O mic to the BL90. (do not have the original mic..)

I`ve tried using the calibration mic witch was included with the Avant - but this has the minijack connection. So i tried cuting the minijack of and use an RJ45 plug to connect it to the BL90s. The measurements starts, but cuts off and tellls me mic singal is to low.

I do have annother mic with phantompower and adjustabel sound level, but have not been abel to getting the mic signal high enough on this one either. So im guessing ive been doing somthing wrong.

Any tips and tricks would be much appreciated!

All Replies

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
447 Posts
Bronze Member

Quite a bit of faffing for some $70k loudspeakers.

My suggestion:-

1. Shell-out $50 from your Dealer for a mic

2. Insist your Dealer loans you a mic so you can enjoy full functionality of whaat you have purchased.

JensT
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Sat, Aug 4 2018 3:48 AM

The speakers are bought from another country. Ex-demo pair. The mic was not included. (Recived the speakers 2 days ago)

My local dealer did not have this type of mic in stock (or at least he could not find one) He would happily order a new one for me. But before i do, I might get the original mic shipped from the store the speakers came from (it should be included..) but due to holidays both in this store and at my local one i wont be abel to get in toche with them until monday it seems. Would realy like to test the full potential of the speakers without having to wait another week or so.
Have not found to much information on using different type of mic on the web.. this must be possible? I’ve seen B&O using a Behringer ECM8000 microfon when doing calibration on the BL90.
I know that at least the BL50, BL90 and the Eclipse all share the RJ45 mic connection.
Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
447 Posts
Bronze Member

The mic is I believe a shortened version of the ECM8000 - certainly by size with the RJ45 as you elude to in your post.

Personnally, I would follow your plan to get a new mic from your Dealer. The BL90 is supplied as standard without one and the customer either has to shell-out a further GBP40 for one or use the commissioning/installation teams one. 

Unless you are living in a boom-box, the difference will be noticeable but subtle. Bass will tighten with the room response a little but the real plus comes with calibration of the narrow beam to your desired location. They will sound good as-is and I would wait to do it properly. You can then have lots of fun programming the beam/beam direction.

i get to do mine all over again three weeks from now as I’m moving camp again.

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
447 Posts
Bronze Member

Would also add that you need to get the BL90s talking to your router ASAP. The iOS app will let you play with a good deal of settings now and that will be necessary for you in-room calibration. The app may also pickup existing calibrations and allow you to reset. Not tried that myself yet.

JensT
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:38 PM

As you mentioned, BL90 is supplied standard without the mic. Don`t know why i`m surprised though.. had to order one from my dealer.

They do sound Incredible as-is - the only "downside" to the sound was bass performance. Happy to tell the mic did a good job! Now my only concern are the neighbors...

First thing i did (after listeing to them for a while..) was to hook them up to the router. Played around with the app for a while now, but to do so the speakers must be switched off. Only then i`m allowed/Abel to connect with them. Though this would be possible also when they are switch one, so that you could switch between presets in the app. How does this work for you?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL