rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 95 Replies | 2 Followers

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member
Craig posted on Mon, Jul 30 2018 7:28 PM

Having finally completed the replacement of the body panels of my 17yr old BMW Z3 I can get back to doing the things I enjoy more.....Mr Roast dropped this off

All Replies

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Sun, Aug 19 2018 4:15 PM

Dave....will digest that and set up my scope, see what's going on

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Ok...following a good read I have set the beogram away at 33.3rpm and went off for a pot of tea, on return some 15mins or so the motor did indeed feel quite warm to the touch, ran very quiet though.....hooked up my ancient scope and DVM and set her away again...this is what I was getting with 5v per division on the scope....its around 16-17v p-p with the DVM measuring over 8.15v rms and there is clipping

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Not the best picture.........however, following the required adjustment of the MOT potentiometer I'm getting a very clean sine wave at just over 5v rms and the motor has now been running for around 20mins and is only warm to the touch...…..I', happy with that.

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

I think that's about it...…….gave her a spin with both 33.3 and 45 discs and everything looks and sounds fine through a BM4400. 

Dave....let me know when your next on tour, I'm off windsurfing in Greece 9th Sept for a couple of weeks......so before or after works for me ;¬)

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member
Lovely stuff Big Smile
Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Well....Dave dropped his BG4000 off on his way up north, seems it was ignoring the presence of a disc on the platter and the tone arm continued on to the centre and returned....I haven't been able to get it to reproduce this fault so as I now have a fully functional 4000 of my own, and as Sonavor suggested I will carry out some comparison tests...Daves machine on the left. 

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

There can be seen one or two design tweeks between them...

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

My slightly older version....

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Hooked them both up to my analogue scope, I bought a PC Scope off ebay recently and its rubbish! the drivers wont load and I suspect it was designed for 32bit systems and wont run on my 64bit laptop....disappointing Angry

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

This is the trace I get from both machines measuring at the input from the Voltiac cell, Photocell in my case....not a good pic, but as can be seen not a lot of difference.

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member
Interesting seeing the subtle changes during the production of a specific model. Like with the 6000 amp - the one you sorted for me didn’t have a LED illumination on the front aluminium panel whereas the other one I’ve got does.
Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

My BM6000 doesn't have any LED's either.....Collector of TR14 on both units, again very similar traces

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member

Base of TR16 still very similar, though Daves does look a bit ragged....amplitude is the same however

Craig
Top 50 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
1,697 Posts
Gold Member
Craig replied on Sat, Jan 19 2019 3:57 PM

Well Dave...cant replicate the issue you had, I will re assemble everything and keep trying between now and when you come to collect it....but everything is working faultlessly, I'm peased to say!

Craig

MrRoast
Top 200 Contributor
335 Posts
Bronze Member
Cheers Craig - I should have taken a video of it misbehaving, now I look like a loon Big Smile

Maybe this is a symptom of the Beovirus Wink
Page 6 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL