Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Subjective... but are the H4s worth their RRP of £250? Owner's thoughts & reviews?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
646 Posts
Bronze Member
The Beonic Man posted on Wed, Jul 18 2018 11:39 AM

Noticed these headphones were less than half price in yesterday's Amazon Prime one day sale at £114 a pair. This was for the black colour only; all other colours remained at full price. I bought a pair and they will arrive early August. In anticipation I though't I'd ask forum users who own these headphones what they think about them and if they feel they are worth the actual rrp? Many independent reviews give them 4/5 star reviews and they seem to be a popular headphone with good tight base and perhaps lacking in the mids a little but otherwise highly regarded. I am hoping to use them with a BV11-46, V1-32 and BV8-32 I recently purchased so would be interested to know how they'll be for this purpose. It was an impulsive buy given the price, not that I necessarily needed a pair of headphones.

Thanks,
Simon. 

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,970 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 4:52 PM

BAND'OH!:

Noticed these headphones were less than half price in yesterday's Amazon Prime one day sale at £114 a pair. This was for the black colour only; all other colours remained at full price. I bought a pair and they will arrive early August. In anticipation I though't I'd ask forum users who own these headphones what they think about them and if they feel they are worth the actual rrp? Many independent reviews give them 4/5 star reviews and they seem to be a popular headphone with good tight base and perhaps lacking in the mids a little but otherwise highly regarded. I am hoping to use them with a BV11-46, V1-32 and BV8-32 I recently purchased so would be interested to know how they'll be for this purpose. It was an impulsive buy given the price, not that I necessarily needed a pair of headphones.

Oddest question Simon. Why ask for advice/feedback after purchasing? You'd be wiser simply testing yourself!

Also, you say "for £250" and then say you bought them for £114 - so realistically this should be: are they worth £114.

Jon
Top 500 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
241 Posts
Bronze Member
Jon replied on Wed, Jul 18 2018 6:19 PM

It depends I guess. I wouldn't pay £250 for them (especially when you can get the H9i for £327 from the Beoplay eBay page until tomorrow with the discount code littered all over the listings), but when others in the market like Apple/Beats are charging the same price for the less comfortable and worse sounding, looking, and feeling Solo 3s then the H4 are probably worth it to someone willing to spend that much anyway. That said though, it's worth shopping around - I know they're discontinued now but the H7 were £170 on the Beoplay eBay page a couple of weeks ago (now £200 I think) and they're a much better pair of headphones than the H4.

I quite liked the H4s tho when I tried them a few months back, not enough to spend full price on them but when I can find a pair of orange or purple ones for ~£100 I'll be buying a pair.

graemeben
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi. I've had a pair for about 4 months now and enjoy them a lot. I paid £170 for mine and I still think they are worth that.Are they worth £250? Probably not but if you only paid £114 then that's an absolute steal. Enjoy them for what they are, excellent sounding and very comfortable headphones that in my experience always connect easily without dropouts and sound fantastic - if perhaps a little bass heavy for some users.

G.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
646 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Chris, yes perhaps an odd thread depending how you see it but wanted to keep the forum going a bit too, so I think we need a few more threads either way! 

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
1,980 Posts
Bronze Member
My gf is happy with her pair. Only annoyance no thing is that they activate Siri when you turn them off.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,058 Posts
Bronze Member

The H4 is the headphone of all my headphones, that I use most of the time.

I like the hard buttons, although I seldom use them - better than the ‘touch interface’ on others.

The iPad (sometimes the iPhone) is my music source - I use the volume control there.

I have no need for noice cancellation and I don’t let phone calls disturb my listening ;-)

The lack of AptX support is uninteresting, since i use iDevices - they do support AAC coding.

I don’t agree with the techradar review - to me they are not boomy....and I am certainly no bass head.

I had no issues using them.

They are quite comfortable to wear.

Depending on your use case - of course -  I’d recommend the H4 anytime.

I prefer to have more, different headphones - but if I would have only one pair, it would be the H4’s.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL