Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Lekruse
Not Ranked
Denmark, Silkeborg
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Lekruse posted on Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:51 AM

Hi guys,

Ever since getting a demo of BV11-55 with Lab9's in my local shop, i've wanted that experience at home. After a while with a 55-inch non b&o setup (which have worked fine) I finally decided it's time to go full b&o and upgrade to a second hand BV11, as prices has come down and to get rid of my AVR under the couch :)

Space is limited in my new place, so i'm torn between getting the 46 or 55 inch version, mainly because of width, not wanting it to seem to cramped and aesthetics is important to me.

I have tried to draw up the size difference in my setup, so judging from that, my question is what size TV you would get?

Likewise which stand / mount would you go with in my particular setup ?

Finally, if you guys have any suggestions as to MK/generation of the TV to beware of, or focus on getting, it would be appreciated,

Thanks!

All Replies

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,829 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 10:11 AM

11-55 on a close wall bracket. Go big or go home..  Wink

Never had any issues with the 11's personally, and there's no 'one to avoid'.  If you don't need WISA, a Mk1 is fine - and they're a bargain now!

Enjoy!

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
781 Posts
Silver Member

Interesting question, I am also about to upgrade my BV740 MKIV to BV11. I will follow your thread with attention.

For me it is also a choice between Beovision 11-46 and 11-55. I have enough space on my wall but the second hand BV11-55 is still slightly out of my budget. Looking to the second hand market the 55"s are still 3500€+ and there are very few 46"s if any at the moment to get. I like the 55 version because of slightly better proportion "width x height" but I would be lucky to get 46" version if possible for approx 2000€. I don't need WISA ...

I've read about the problems of the panel built into the BV10-46. They are reputed not to be the best panels B&O has used in the BV10 and there are many defective around. Does any of the MK version of the BV11-46 has this bad panel built in? Anybody know more about that issue?

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Mikipidia
Top 200 Contributor
347 Posts
Gold Member
If you can swing it, the 11-55 is the way to go. You also get better sound from a 55 as the internal speaker setup is different. I haven’t heard any bad things about 11’s at all.

To the point of the bv10. I had a bv10-46 and it was lovely, no real problems at all. Only updating the thing was harder because it was all manual Stick out tongue but the bv11 was deff better.

New: Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beovision eclipse.

Mikipedi4 on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/c/mikipedi4

Old: Beolab 1's, beolab 2, beovision 10-46, overture 2300, beolab 8000's, beolab 4000's, beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,853 Posts
Bronze Member
Gday

Go for a 55. It will suit that space better

BV11 is a great TV
Lekruse
Not Ranked
Denmark, Silkeborg
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Lekruse replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 11:22 AM

Same dilemma :)

The price differences between the 46 and 55 isn't that big in Denmark. Interesting to see the differences. There's a big difference between buying from a retailer and private though.

I actually like the proportions of the 46" inch better.

11-46 can be found aprox 2.150 euro and 11-55 aprox 2.650 euro

So to me, I guess it's more about the aesthetics, especially in the small space I have, the 11-55 would go almost to each side of the Lab 9's.

As @Mikipdia says, the updating and software in general on the Beovision 10 is the reason im not looking that direction. I don't want to have to get a technician to update my TV. Thinking of picking up the 10-32 for bedroom to replace my noisy 8-32 though.

@Mikipedia

Have you heard the difference in sound? I read that they have the same speakers. I don't want a huge downgrade in center sound compared to the beolab 7-4.

Rob.B
Top 500 Contributor
Melbourne
247 Posts
Gold Member
Rob.B replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 11:22 AM

i have an 11-55 and Beolab 9. It’s an amazing setup and the 11-55 is a truly amazing TV

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,853 Posts
Bronze Member
Rob.B:

i have an 11-55 and Beolab 9. It’s an amazing setup and the 11-55 is a truly amazing TV

👍🏻
Lekruse
Not Ranked
Denmark, Silkeborg
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Lekruse replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 11:52 AM

@Rob Just saw your setup, look amazing.

See you have the Beolab 2 aswell, is it worth adding soundwise?

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
555 Posts
Gold Member
KMA replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 12:51 PM
With the measurements in your photo:

Placed on the floor, I would go with 11-46 on an easel stand between the speakers.

Placed on the wall, I'd go with 11-55. With wall placement, the setup in that location would not look cramped.

In general, 55" is a better-sized TV today – you won't need to upgrade again for a bigger screen any time soon.

As for sound performance, you won't notice a difference between 11-46 and 11-55 with your BeoLab 9s. On its own, 11-55 has slightly better bass, and of course stereo separation is a little better because the speakers are a bit further apart.

You cannot go wrong either way, but I think 11-55 makes more sense long-term. And it would look stunning on a wall bracket (close wall bracket, as Lee suggested) in that space!

As for price, both are a steal for the prices you mention. You get BeoVision perfection!

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,978 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 2:15 PM

While I understand the design aesthetics can be a big  factor (otherwise why buy a B&O at all?) I've never regretted buying a larger set. A larger set will provide much more of a suspension of disbelief, immersion in the story of a good film or show. At times when I've gone with a bigger set at first I sit back and go "wow, that's big, did I do right?" but within a few days of being more immersed in the video my attitude has always been "Man, I'm glad I got the bigger one!"

And given how awful the movie theater experience is in the local multiplex where I live, having a larger set with great sound is a great thing to have.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
1,878 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 2:44 PM
You’ve got to go 55 in that space.
Lekruse
Not Ranked
Denmark, Silkeborg
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions, helped alot!

The consensus seems to be 55" is the way to go, and I agree. Particular thinking about future situations.

I will now begin the search for a BV 11-55 :)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,850 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 4:48 PM
I have a BV11 - 46 on a motorized wall bracket for a few years now and had no problems.

You can never have a too big screen, so go for the 55. Smile

Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,978 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 7:11 PM

Very nice. I've always loved the wall mount BL11.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL