New B&O lover

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn Posted: Fri, Jul 6 2018 7:00 PM

Hi everybody, I´m Adrian from Mexico,  new to the forum and i just wanna share my recently acquired vintage B&O gear. It consist of a pair of MS-150 speakers, Beocord 5000 (4716) and a Beomaster 3000 (2933). 

I know the MS-150´s are too much for the Beocord 3000 but connected together sounds quite decent. I´m already have an attenuator and planning to add a power amp. Getting  a Beomaster 8000 here it´s an almost impossible task (and quite expesive!).

Anyway, I´m a long time audio entusiast guy that haven´t had any previous B&O experince and let me tell you that I immediately fell in love! The aesthetics, the sound, the vibe... I will keep and enjoy this gear for a long long time and sure i´ll learn a lot from you guys.

I´ll try to post some pics and details later.

Best regards.

Adrian.

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Fri, Jul 6 2018 8:26 PM

Ok, finally managed to upload images so here are some (crappy) shots:

Adrian.

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Fri, Jul 6 2018 8:52 PM

Beomaster 3000 is working flawlessly and is in nice shape, saddly, comes without the Terminal 3000 remote control but hey, for $2,000 pesos (US$100) not bad i think. I wonder if a Logitech Harmony can cotrol this unit?

MS-150 (US$100) came with surrounds and dust caps already replaced, working really nice! Saddly, no stands and no grilles.  Those stands in the pics are DIY. 

Beocord 5000 (US$25!) non working, replaced belts and lubed mechanism myself following instructions from Beolover (Thanks!) and now it works beautiful, i really love this machine! I made a sacrilege here and painted the wood to black to match a little the look of the Beomaster 3000, sorry! I liked the results.

Regards.

Adrian.

Adrian.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,116
Gold Member

Hi Adrian

On this forum we are now 2 of us from Mexico, you and me, welcome and congrats to your equipment, I am living in the south part of Mex. city (salida a Guernavaca) looking forward to see more of you here on the forum, there are few of us vintage enthusiast left the ones left are the hard core, tell me where you are situated in Mexico

Saludos Søren (Danish)

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 12:21 AM

Søren Mexico:

Hi Adrian

On this forum we are now 2 of us from Mexico, you and me, welcome and congrats to your equipment, I am living in the south part of Mex. city (salida a Guernavaca) looking forward to see more of you here on the forum, there are few of us vintage enthusiast left the ones left are the hard core, tell me where you are situated in Mexico

Saludos Søren (Danish)

Thanks, Søren.

I hope to be at least a half decent representative of this country  here and be able to contribute something to the forum. I have seen your restorations and I think you are very good!

I'm sure you'll see more about me, I'm just getting into the B&O world so many questions will arise, but I think I qualify as an hard core vintage audio enthusiast :) 

I live in Guadalajara.

Gracias y saludos!

Adrian.

Adrian.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,116
Gold Member

I have a couple of clients in Guadalajara (printing machine repairs), and is up there 2 or 3 times a year

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Sat, Jul 7 2018 1:37 AM

Let me know if sometime you are here, maybe we can arrange a meeting and share things and drinks :)

Adrian.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,116
Gold Member

Adn:

Let me know if sometime you are here, maybe we can arrange a meeting and share things and drinks :)

I will Adrian. could be fun

Beo_Jean
Top 200 Contributor
QC, Canada
Posts 269
Silver Member
Beo_Jean replied on Sun, Jul 8 2018 10:16 PM

Welcome to the forum Adrian.

We are always happy to see a new member trying to save those beauties from the past.

Soren has great experience along with many other members here ready to help wherever you are.

Good luck!

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Mon, Jul 9 2018 7:47 PM

Thanks, Jean!   Happy to be here.

Adrian.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,793
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Jul 9 2018 10:38 PM

Very nice - but you need the speaker stands as the bass port is on the underside of the speaker, The Beomaster 3000 is not a bad amplifier and will drive the MS150s to good volumes.

Peter

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Tue, Jul 10 2018 2:53 AM

Peter:

Very nice - but you need the speaker stands as the bass port is on the underside of the speaker, The Beomaster 3000 is not a bad amplifier and will drive the MS150s to good volumes.

Thanks Peter, i know.

It's hard to get those stands here but meanwhile I had already cut a 5" hole for the bass ports, also the feet are adjustable so I can tilt back the base a little.

The Beomaster 3000 is doing a fine job with the MS150's so I don't feel the need for more power.

Apologies for my terrible english.

Regards.

Adrian.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,116
Gold Member

Here something about M150 stand, original square tube dimension is 20 x 30 mm, here in Mex. 3/4" x 1 1/4" is easier to get

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/1933/250701.aspx#250701

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 5:05 AM

Søren Mexico:

Here something about M150 stand, original square tube dimension is 20 x 30 mm, here in Mex. 3/4" x 1 1/4" is easier to get

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/1933/250701.aspx#250701

Thanks Søren, that will be a fun project sometime this year Thumbs Up   

Saludos.

Adrian.

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 342
Bronze Member

Welcome to the forum!

Nice stuff you got!

Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place | ComputerShopUK.com

Adn
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
Adn replied on Wed, Jul 11 2018 7:37 PM

Anders Jørgensen:

Welcome to the forum!

Nice stuff you got!

Thanks, Anders!

The equipment in your avatar looks very nice.

Regards.

Adrian.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL