Beosound moment and multiroom

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

James1980
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member
James1980 posted on Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:49 PM

Good evening all, long time lurker, first time poster. Been a huge fan of the brand for a long time and have slowly built a collection consisting of several pairs of headphones, a beosound 2, beosound 1, beoplaya6 and now a moment. I bought the moment on eBay assuming that I could use it to control the multiroom speakers and for the life of me I can’t seem to get it to work, I can see the speakers when I go on the link menu, but not send music to them, do any owners have any advice for me? 

Thanks in advance 

james 

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,712 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:42 PM
James1980:

Good evening all, long time lurker, first time poster. Been a huge fan of the brand for a long time and have slowly built a collection consisting of several pairs of headphones, a beosound 2, beosound 1, beoplaya6 and now a moment. I bought the moment on eBay assuming that I could use it to control the multiroom speakers and for the life of me I can’t seem to get it to work, I can see the speakers when I go on the link menu, but not send music to them, do any owners have any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

james

You cannot send music to other speakers.

Only join in on what is playing on the other sources.

Use the Beo app to control multiroom.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,712 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:43 PM
You can only join other sources.

If you want to control multiroom you must use the beo app.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,712 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jun 16 2018 9:43 PM
And welcome to the forum, by the way Smile

James1980
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you! And Ok, I’ve joined via the app and I can control the track via the moment, no volume control though. Is that a bug, or will the moment only control volume for speakers that are physically attached to it via net link?

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 17, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment x 2,  Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
James1980:

Thank you! And Ok, I’ve joined via the app and I can control the track via the moment, no volume control though. Is that a bug, or will the moment only control volume for speakers that are physically attached to it via net link?

For “safety” reasons there is no master volume control across all speakers in all rooms if that was your question.

BeoNut since '75

James1980
Not Ranked
71 Posts
Bronze Member

So the moment can only control volume on speakers it is hard wired in to? 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,712 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 12:58 PM
James1980:

So the moment can only control volume on speakers it is hard wired in to?

It can only control volume on speakers directly connected over powerlink or WISA, and speakers connected to a Beovision (not Eclipse) where the Moment is integrated.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL