Beocenter 2 Video over masterlink

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

gadmin
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin posted on Tue, Jun 12 2018 11:05 PM

Hi all. I have just purchased a Beovision 8-32 for the kitchen, my room has a Beocenter 2 with Beolab 8000 (Beocenter 2 is connected to my Samsung curved TV via headphone out to rca). I have connected the Beocenter to the Beovision via the masterlink, everything seams to be working fine, I can get the CD and radio from the Beocenter to play from the Beovision, but when I select DVD I just get a blank screen, can the Beocenter play the DVD over masterlink to the Beovision ?

Thanks

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,970 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 7:20 AM

You need a scart from the BC2. Masterlink does not carry video.

You should find a scart socket on the BC2 connection box (if you do not have the audio only version)

gadmin
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Wed, Jun 13 2018 11:49 PM

Thanks for the reply, I do have the scart and s-video on the socket box. The s-video is currently wired to my Samsung TV in the main room, so I guess I would also need to connect the scart to the beovision in the kitchen. more wires !! missus is not going to be happy lol, I was hoping to just use the masterlink.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,358 Posts
Founder

Make sure Scart and S-Video are active at the same time...

I'm not sure they are.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-6 (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts and Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Panasonic TX-P65STW60
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab Penta 2 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beovision 10-40 on STB Bracket wall mount masterlinked to Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket driving Beolab 5000 Speakers
Bedroom: Loewe TV with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all White)
In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,970 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jun 14 2018 7:50 AM
gadmin:

Thanks for the reply, I do have the scart and s-video on the socket box. The s-video is currently wired to my Samsung TV in the main room, so I guess I would also need to connect the scart to the beovision in the kitchen. more wires !! missus is not going to be happy lol, I was hoping to just use the masterlink.

Yeah, and scart is a fat cable.

How does the s-video signal look at the Samsung? It’s not a very good source for a flatscreen TV.

I would go for streaming and eg an AppleTV if I where you. Rip your DVDs to a hard drive an access from the Apple TV.

Smile

gadmin
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
gadmin replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 12:03 AM

The S-video signal is not too bad for a DVD if your not sat too close to the TV lol. Think I'll drop the idea of using the scart.  I do have a Synology NAS with stored music and DVD's etc, this is set up so my Samsung TV, phones etc can access the media. I wanted the DVD to play form the Beocenter to the Beovision as my missus is non technical and like to do things the old school way,  Think I may set up a raspberry pi or Apple TV and connect it to the Beovision to access the media on the NAS  as you suggested. Do you know if the Apple TV or other streaming device can be controlled with the beo 4 remote ?

Thanks 

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,294 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 7:56 AM

You could use an old Pioneer pda-v100hd scaling processor to feed your Samsung TV via HDMI output of the Pioneer from Scart or S-Video input of your Beocenter 2.

Connections:
http://www.bilder-speicher.de/13012315918263/foto/pioneer-pda-v-100-hd.html

Front:
http://www.bilder-speicher.de/13012315796097/foto/pioneer-pda-v-100-hd.html

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,970 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jun 17 2018 8:41 AM

gadmin:

Do you know if the Apple TV or other streaming device can be controlled with the beo 4 remote ?

It can if you use the PUC in a Beovision, but not standalone BV4 and Apple TV.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL