rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Joshua
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Silver Member
Joshua posted on Mon, Jun 11 2018 9:51 PM

Good Evening to all fellow B&O Lovers

if you are offered for sale: the following if you would contact me please.

I will give a brief overview of events.

•   On the 3rrd of May I arranged for a Brand new unused Beocord 8004 to be delivered in France from York.  From a friend who had the B&O shop in York and is now retired, as you will appreciate it is a an old Item but it was brand new and unused and has resided in my friends loft for several years.
    The above is an overview.,  It was duly collected on the day and arrived at the Tamworth Depot of UPS from there it just disappeared, I suspect it was stolen., an investigation was started over 3 weeks and nothing.
    Please if you are offered a Beocord  8004 with the Serial number  4865 3 3267003 would you please let me know or better still  tell the Police..
    As you can imagine this has caused me much distress.
    Thank you in advance
    John
    0033 0254 476026

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,614 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jun 12 2018 10:47 AM

Joshua:

• The above is an overview.,  It was duly collected on the day and arrived at the Tamworth Depot of UPS from there it just disappeared, I suspect it was stolen., an investigation was started over 3 weeks and nothing.

Joshua, sorry to hear about your situation, but as a person who has an account with UPS, please don't assume things get stolen so easily simply as they go missing - if delivery couriers were really that interested in vintage B&O kit, nothing would ever get delivered! Think of all the brand new iPhones, headphones and other products delivered by UPS every day.

What's likely to have happened, in my daily experience of working with the likes of UPS, is an address issue. When it arrives at the depot, items are scanned very quickly and occassionally an error can be made in the address/destination and either the parcel is sidelined or ends up in the wrong location or, worse, isn't scanned at all so is "lost" in the system.

Luckily most of these non-scanned/lost items do re-appear, especially if your return address is clear. We had a London company send us a couple of items a few weeks ago and they re-appeared back at their London HQ 4 weeks later. Re-sent, appeared the next day.

Joshua
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Silver Member
Joshua replied on Tue, Jun 12 2018 11:54 AM

Thank you fMoxxey for your reply,   I was a bit miffed that UPS said case closed after investigation, I also used a third party shipper who I have deal with as UPS will not deal with me direct.  ( never again will I deal with a 3rd party shipper)  I foolishly under insured it, as I thought worst case scenario if It got damaged then it could be repaired for the amount insured.  Never dreaming that there was a even worse case scenario

I recently had Heart surgery, which has probably not helped with my reasoning..

The third party shipper is dealing with an insurance claim for me, but to be honest I would sooner have my Deck., does this mean if My 8004 eventually turns up it will be delivered to me and I can refund the claim..

Thank you 

Joshua

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,614 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Jun 12 2018 9:10 PM

Joshua:

Thank you fMoxxey for your reply,   I was a bit miffed that UPS said case closed after investigation

Sadly that's the big downside with scanning in the parcels. They only need to miss one or incorrectly scan it in and it can "disappear" in the system. However, they do have a habit of reappearing many weeks later.

We always put shipping/return info within the box, too. If you tape or attach it to the outside and it comes off, then you're in bit trouble as there's no reference or barcode to scan - that can happen very easily.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,239 Posts
Gold Member

I waited for two weeks for a parcel to reappear at a local depot. It had been misdirected, and then somehow overlooked for delivery from the depot.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL